Medallia Customer Solution Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medallia Customer Solution Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Medallia

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medallia (New York, NY).

Interview

two phone interviews and both went pretty good. Questions asked were based on resume and situation(I have only internships ). It was a easy interview. Was looking forward to the third process of excel challenge to show my tech skills.

Would love to gain experience and work even as an intern at Medallia.

Interview Questions

Medallia Response

Sep 8, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. We do have summer MBA (and other) internships and are working on expanding this program. Keep an eye out for open positions that seem interesting to you, and email me at... More

Other Interview Reviews for Medallia

Customer Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Initial interview was over the phone and was very pleasant. Was largely behavioral with a small business oriented question at the end. HR representative was friendly and fun to talk to. Second round was also pleasant, I got to go in to the office and had a good time speaking with my interviewer. Some behavioral questions followed by 4-5 brain teaser types of questions, but fun ones overall. The take-home challenge was two parts, one more qualitative and the other clearly searching for technical skills. I was contacted after the fact and asked to attempt part of the challenge a second time around, with some hand holding, but the second challenge was never set up. The last I heard from the company was late November/early December.

Interview Questions

• If there was a zombie apocalypse and you were locked in a gym where a vending machine was the only source of food, but you had no money, how would you go about getting the food out?   1 Answer

Feb 23, 2015 – President

I’m sorry to hear we did not follow up with you in a timely manner, but am glad you enjoyed your interactions -- including the creative problem solving ones -- with Medallians. Unfortunately, we... More

Customer Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medallia in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, hard skills interview, challenge round, and a final onsite round with a culture interview and two more hard skills/behavioral with department managers or above. Everyone was relaxed and open during the interviews and the recruiters were incredibly responsive. In all my interviews at other companies, I never really heard back from recruiters on the first attempt. With Medallia, I would mostly hear back that same day. Honestly, the best interview process that I have had.

Interview Questions

Medallia Response

Oct 30, 2014 – President

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'm thrilled our recruiting team was able to make it a great one for you. If there's anything else you want to discuss, feel free to let me know at... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

I was given two phone interviews with HR representatives and then finally a third from a current customer solutions analyst. Then they allowed me to take an aptitude test. I never saw the results or heard back from anyone after the test. No one responded to my follow up emails.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe several types of sorting functions for a basic excel user.   Answer Question

Nov 19, 2014 – President

First and foremost, I apologize for your negative experience -- while we're always working towards an open and transparent process, that's well communicated, we clearly dropped the ball in your... More

Customer Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Applied through campus recruitment. The first round interview was scheduled within 2 weeks, and in general, the process so far has been excellent. The person was nice, helpful, and honest about his/her experience at Medallia. My interview was mostly about my professional / personal experiences that I listed in my resume, and not that many brainteasers. I hope to get through the "challenge" part and ultimately earn the offer.

Interview Questions

Medallia Response

Oct 14, 2014 – President

Thank you for your kind "in-process" review. I'm thrilled your experience has been positive so far and hope that it continues to be. Best of luck on your challenge. Should you have any additional... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was extremely enlightening and all around, a good experience. The Medallia folk are clearly doing-diligence to ensure their company expands (albeit at the rapid pace its growing!) with integrity and care. i was impressed with the caliber of individuals I spoke with, and also their honesty regarding the company culture, its rapid growth, and the sometimes-uncertain future with relation to its quick pace of expansion. In all, I had a great experience and it was clear the company is well-managed, pretty well-organized and on a pathway toward great endeavors.

Interview Questions

• Predict the response rates for a survey within a large hotel chain.   Answer Question

It wasn't the right timing for me.

Sep 9, 2014 – President

Thank you for sharing your feedback, and for your kind words. Maintaining our culture is a big priority for us as we scale, and I'm glad you felt this in your interviews. I regret that our offer came... More

Customer Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

I met Medallia at a career fair through my university. I got the email address of one of the recruiters and used that to pass along my resume. I heard back within a week to set up an on-campus, in-person interview.
    The first interview lasted a little more than an hour and had a mix of behavioral questions, market sizing questions, and brainteasers. I mostly talked about my experiences at my previous internships. Brainteasers caught me a bit off guard, but they weren’t too difficult. The interviewer was very down-to-earth as well and made me feel relaxed enough to answer confidently.

The second “interview” was a spec challenge where I was given 24 hours to summarize the functionality of a drop-down menu on a web page as well as a data challenge where I was given a jumble of data that I had to manipulate in Excel to create a hypothesis. The spec challenge is a test of your writing skills to see if you can describe product features to engineers in a way that they could understand and program the features’ functionality. The data challenge was a test of your Excel abilities. If you don’t have a general understanding of Excel or don’t know how to use these functions in the data challenge, you will struggle: sumif, averageif, vlookup, iferror, and if functions in general. I was very familiar with Excel by this point and completed the challenge in a few hours (whereas I’ve heard the average is around 9).

I sent in the challenge but heard no word back for about 1.5 weeks. I became nervous and contacted Medallia and they said they had not received it. I resent the challenge and again did not hear back for 1.5 weeks. I again became nervous and contacted the recruiters and they finally let me know that I performed well on the challenge and would be scheduled for my next interview.

The final interview was 3 back-to-back hour-long interviews. These were mostly behavioral “get-to-know-you” questions with a technical question inserted at the end. All of my interviewers were kind though some were more interested in discussing my experience only while others were also interested in my hobbies.

Though the process took a while with my waiting, I had a positive experience. I received a job offer the next week and accepted the day after.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about measuring all the grains of sand on Earth?
      Describe a smartphone to someone who has been in a coma since the 1980's.
      If I have a baseball and a baseball bat that cost $11 together, and the baseball bat costs $10 more than the baseball, how much does the baseball cost?
      What is the disadvantage of measuring days between events by the date that they happened versus measuring days as 24 hour intervals?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was above what I expected and did not feel the need to negotiate.

Aug 14, 2014 – President

Thank you so much for sharing such a thorough review, and welcome to the team! I'm happy to hear that you did well on the Challenge and apologize for our delay in getting back to you about how you'd... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medallia (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I got to know Medallia through the university Career Fair. The recruiters asked me to submit the resume online. Then I got asked for the interview. The interviewer asked me basic behavioral questions. They tried to make the interview experience pleasant.

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fantastic! I applied through the Medallia website and was contacted by the recruiter in less than 2 days. The format was pretty similar to the other interviews described here (phone screen, phone interview, challenge round, on-site interview). Most of my interviews were a mix of behavioral and functional. The recruiting team was extremely fast with their responses and very helpful! All my interviewers were very cordial and nice! I was very impressed by how humble everyone was; the culture genuinely came through.

In addition to the CX space and the company being very exciting, the people and the depth of the interview process made it very easy for me to accept the offer!

Interview Questions

• They were really trying to understand me as a person; my motivations, my decisions etc.   Answer Question

Customer Solutions Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter while only passively looking for other career options, but by the end of the interview process, I was onboard! The process started with a phone screen, then an interview with an analyst for an hour that was mostly behavioral with two small technical questions, one on excel and the other on a general "how would you approach your client if you knew you couldn't fulfill your promised deadline?" I ended up talking a lot about the company culture/onboarding which made me excited for the next round!

I then had a 24 hour challenge, as others have mentioned, with an excel challenge for data analysis and one "business" case-- very similar to work I had done before, so did not find it too difficult based on past work experience.

The last round was a series of 3 1-hour interviews, all completed via Skype with Managers and above. These were a combination of brain teasers, 1 excel question, and more general behavioral questions.

I very much appreciated that the recruiters were in constant contact with updates on my progress through the process and responded timely-- made the process a lot more transparent and took the stress off the logistics and allowed me to focus on the interviews.

I also appreciated that I was invited on-site to talk with the team in person/attend a happy hour to get a feel for the office/ask questions that I had thought of that I didn't ask before, and was told I was receiving an offer then.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach your client if you knew you couldn't fulfill your promised deadline?   Answer Question

Mar 29, 2016

Welcome to the team! I'm so happy to hear you had a positive experience. Our culture is near and dear to my heart, I'm glad to hear you found it equally exciting. I'm really happy to hear that you... More