Medallia Engagement Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medallia Engagement Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Medallia

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Very well done by Medallia. Conducted series of 1hr interviews (6 1-on-1s, a 1-on-2, and a 1-on-3). Did an additional 1hr culture interview focused on assessing fit. Completed 5hr+ Medallia challenge -- think a few scenarios and some data / exhibits to analyze. Ran 3 reference checks (2 on managers, 1 from other)

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a particularly challenging problem you've solved. Can you discuss time you've resolved conflict on your team?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medallia

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was very impressed throughout the entire interview process, and I am delighted to have accepted an offer with Medallia. The process requires time and commitment, but it is very rewarding regardless of outcome – if you put in the effort, you will find that your introspection leads to greater self-awareness and increased performance in all subsequent interviews.

A few things that impressed me the most:

All of the interviewers were very prepared and friendly. They took a genuine interest in my background and interests, and they tried to understand the “why’s” behind the bullet-points on my resume. The recruiters worked with me to find the ideal fit within the company. Initially, I was striving for one particular position, but after two rounds of interviewing, the Engagement Manager position seemed like the better fit. This switch in focus added a few weeks to the process, but it was worth it. The recruiters were very responsive and accessible. Often, they would email me in between rounds even when there was no “real” update, yet. The Culture interview was fun – Medallia truly wants to know who you are and what makes you tick. The Challenge was relevant and informative. You have 24-hours to finish an assignment that is similar to what your future work may look like.

If you are willing to put in the effort and enjoy the process of continuous improvement, then you will enjoy interviewing with Medallia.

Interview Questions

Medallia Response

Sep 25, 2015

Thank you for your feedback. I'm glad you had such a positive experience. We are committed to placing great candidates in positions that make the most sense for them. Thank you for waiting a few... More

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Overall a very good experience. I was always kept informed by the fantastic recruiters, they always got back to me within the time frame they stated. They were also more than willing to answer any questions I had about the process. When it came to the actual interviews i found them to be challenging but fair, I find that a better description than "difficult" (glassdoor only allows me to select difficult).

If I had to point out something to improve then I would say that the entire process might have been a bit on the slow side. The recruiter often checked if I had any outstanding offers, which I did not have and it gave me the feeling that it put my process on a lower priority.

Also it would have been good to know in advance what my references should expect. My references were surprised by the length and thoroughness of the call, I think that's a good thing but I would have liked to let my references know. One of my references said that it felt like an actual job interview.

Overall a very good experience!

Interview Questions

• Work sample challenge
      Otherwise too many questions to remember   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medallia (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Since I interviewed for a customer experience role in a CEM company, I will describe the interview process in CEM-speak. It is said that a customer could have 10 great experiences but his/her entire experience with a company is disproportionately influenced by the last one and if the last one is distasteful, that generally spells doom for the previous good experiences. That is exactly what happened to me. I thoroughly enjoyed the entire interview process from beginning up until the final round. Things however went sour after my final round. I did not hear back about the outcome for close to 2 weeks which was uncharacteristic (I always heard within a day or 2 in all my previous rounds). To make matters worse, I received the call at a time which was totally different from what was decided - I had setup Monday evening for a call, but I received one on Friday evening while I was in the middle of work. The fact that I was in office at that time made it next to impossible for me to have a free-flowing conversation. The verdict was that I did not clear the final round of interviews but my bitterness does not lie there. It is the way it was conveyed - no updates for close to 2 weeks, the totally random call catching me at a very bad time and the vague explanations given for why I did not make it, which was contrary to what I had heard through the interview rounds. The lady I spoke to used the same 2 attributes as both my positives and negatives, thus contradicting herself. She also mentioned something about budget revisions, which got me wondering as to whether I was interviewing for a position that either did not exist or had already been filled up! My respect for Medallia and the work they do still remains intact, but unfortunately just 6 minutes (the duration of the last phone call) left a very bad taste about what was otherwise an amazing 2-month process.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to client management, software implementation, project management and customer experience management   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medallia in August 2015.

Interview

Applied for a Product Marketing position. After screening call with HR they felt I would be a better fit for their Engagement Manager role. Had another screening call with someone from HR who then set up a 1:1 phone interview with the Hiring Manager. Phone conversation was crisp and to the point. This was followed by the Medallia Challenge.

I believe the Challenge is a good idea to test candidate skills in terms of email and survey design, but the analytics assessment could use some improvement.

The question is designed to mimic possible scenarios in a client-facing environment, and you have a broad question which I believe can be interpreted in different ways. As clarity is lacking in terms of the deliverable, and in the absence of any metric benchmarks, I would recommend that an opportunity be provided to candidates to defend / explain their analysis and conclusions.

This would provide an opportunity to the firm to a) develop new insights through gaining perspectives from candidates on data provided b) understand the logic used by the candidate as opposed to interpreting from the fixed lens of an expected answer.

Overall, the team from Medallia was extremely courteous and very professional. I enjoyed the interview process and learning about the company.

Interview Questions

• Explain the pivots in your career that have led to your current position, provide context for your thought process at those decision points and how you believe it makes you a good fit for Medallia.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you were on, and how it was structured, your responsibilities, challenges and achievements?   Answer Question
    • Why Medallia? How did you hear about us and why you feel you would be a good fit for this position?   Answer Question

Sep 25, 2015

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate how specific your recommendations were. I took them to the hiring managers and we're looking at reassessing the analytics assessment accordingly. I agree... More

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

There is no need for Glassdoor regarding the Medallia interview process. They are the most transparent company I have interacted within SaaS. Any manager can learn from Medallia's recruiting team about how to "set expectations" - which occurred throughout the entire process. I always new what would happen and when it would happen, which was incredibly useful when juggling conversations with many companies.

Apply - the process alone is a great opportunity to learn!

Interview Questions

• Before you begin the process take time to reflect why Medallia. You'll have to answer it and it needs to be true!   Answer Question

Nov 23, 2015 – Employer Branding

Wow - feedback like yours is always a pleasure to read. Thank you for calling out “transparency,” which is critical for us. We don't succeed at it 100% of the time, but we are improving every day... More

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

Long. Many interviews with multiple hiring managers. Strong emphasis on culture and fit, which was good. A lot of value placed on personal learning and growth mindset. Don't take the technical challenge questions lightly.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about something that didn't go the way you planned.   Answer Question

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medallia.

Interview

First, a call with a recruiter, who was very nice and responded promptly. He and his team were really fantastic through the whole process. Then, a 1-hour phone call with a senior person on the team, which went well. Next, you have 24 hours to do a take home case study. I spent almost an entire day on it doing research and making documentation and presentations. The feedback on my case study was that I had killed the assignment, and everyone was really impressed. I moved on to the finaly stage which was to meet the team in person. I had 3 1-hour long meetings set up. On the day of the meetings, the schedule was moved around, I ended up spending 5 hours at the office, with 1 hour of idling time. It was also right before a long weekend, and one of my interviewers didn't come into the office and chose to call me instead from his car on his way to his vacation, which was rude.

I did not receive an offer, which is fine. Here is where my criticism of this process: When I asked the recruiter for feedback, he said the only criticism from the interviewers was that I did not have enough experience for who they wanted to hire. This entire process took over 6 weeks. I spent hours talking to 6 diffrent people in the company and even longer doing all the preparations and assignment work. No one figured out along the way regarding my exprience? And isn't there more critisicm or feedback after I spend so much time speaking with many members of your team? This final action by Medallia made the entire interviewing process feel like a sham. It cheapens their company brand in my eyes.

Engagement Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medallia in December 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee, recruiter reached out within hours of receiving my resume and I had a phone screen with recruiter soon after. Had another phone interview with Senior Manager within few days. After 4 weeks, (considering the Christmas and new year holidays i thought it was decent turnaround time), I heard back from recruiter saying they would like me to take the challenge( a take home test )as next step. It's now been more than 5 weeks with no response from the recruiter. I checked back with the recruiter 4 times thus far on a weekly basis and the last 2 times I have gotten no response. I can't believe a professional services firm could be so unprofessional and not have the courtesy to respond. I came back from an international business trip and took the challenge right away on a weekend. Least they can do is communicate and let know if they don't want to proceed with my candidacy. I heard great things and was excited about Medallia but after this experience only have poor regards for this company. This says a lot about Medallia as a whole.