Medco Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

47 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Call Center Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medco Health (Las Vegas, NV) in July 2016.

Interview

there were about 20 people,in the room, a round table it was more of a round table discussion about the job.-asking questions about job. some asked about the hours and it was answered 24/7. many people left. there were 4 days of "interviews" and by Friday of that week we were told you would get an e-mail whether you were chosen. Nothing more to say.

Interview Questions

• no one person was asked about their own qualifications, more of a round table discussion. there were no individual questions asked. You were not asked anything about you. it was all questions directed at the group. very unorthodox. was not comfortable .would not like this interview in the future. I have nothing more to add   1 Answer
    • we were not asked any individual questions. Didn't like it at all. I wasn't comfortable with the entire atmosphere. I would not do another group interview. They do not get to know you as an individual. there is nothing more to say.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

When the company as owned by Medco, they would have Supervisors interview the representatives. The problem was when someone wasn't performing, you had a hard time letting them go because of all the red tape. Nobody wants to make a decision unless you get the lawyers involved or have HR involved.

Staff Pharmacist Interview

Interview

Responded to a mailed recruiting card. Called the recruiter and was invited to a face to face interview with a pharmacy manager. Before meeting with the manager, filled out an application, and displayed communication skills by reading scripted dialogue over a telephone to a human resource associate. Interviewed with a pharmacy manager and was informed the application would be reviewed by a hiring committee. After a recommendation to hire, I was asked to take a drug test. Upon satisfactory completion, I was sent a formal job offer by mail.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a confrontation or problem with a supervisor or another employee.   Answer Question

PSR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medco Health (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

Walk-in to sign application form then after about a week I got a call for initial interview then invited me for a one-on-one interview. On the day of the personal interview was just basic questions and put me on the phone with a scripted material to read probably to test your accent, inflection and voice quality. Another interview with supervising person on the operations then I as done. I was instructions where to go for my drug and medical test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing that I can recall. The interview was just basic.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medco Health (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was simple and comfortable. The interview was conducted by a very laid back gentleman.

Interview Questions

• Where would I like to see myself in 5 years. My answer did not matter as I had been lied to about the opportunities for growth.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relaxed but was full of deception, unfortunately.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Medco Health (Dublin, OH).

Interview

The interview process was absolutely ridiculous. There is NO warning that the interview process could take up to 5 hours! I went through 3 different interviews and a role-playing/assessment computer test. The HR Rep was HORRIBLE. He made me feel like I had done something wrong like I was in the principal's office in high school. He asked me, very rudely, at least 3 times if I had listed ALL my employers in the past 7 years because if I hadn't, they would find out and it would be an omission on my application and I would be denied employment. I was a little worried at the time because I was only 5 years out of HIgh School and thought some silly little job I had forgotten about might prevent me from securing this one!.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were basic and routine. None that were out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation

You could not negotiate anything because it was all laid out for you on a take it or leave it basis.

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Medco Health in March 2013.

Interview

SAS-sql, sql and Teradata are essential. If your are a good analyst-statistician they can use you, but unfortunately don't know much about anything other than descriptive stats. You can mention SAS, but let them bring up analytic processes like t-test, chisq, var, fuzzy logic, monte carlo. Keep in mind this isn't an interview for health related work, it's an interview for business analysis. Don't focus on patients, focus on $. They look for perfect fits for cost analyses and earnings, people who can get along with clients and increase revenues (insurance companies), or talk to patients who call in with complaints. Interviewers are poorly skilled, variable, so it's all about personality. The neutral, phoneless, cell phones off private room setting for the interview is intended to demonstrate authority, more like a legal interrogation. They (the teams, Medco/Express scripts at large) say they need talent, but tend to go for status quo, people like themselves. Mentioning innovation is good for an interview, but you'd better have a great example to back it up. Some jobs are looking for new thinkers, and are focused on that from the beginning; they are trying to solve a problem. But they don't have the infrastructure needed to support new ideas, so if they hire you, they may never let you produce.

Interview Questions

• How would you measure the health of people who are inactive in the system--the younger people with little hospitalization, no regular appointments, not taking many prescription drugs, and who are not in the database except as enrolled members?   1 Answer

Negotiation

When you get an offer and you know your methods are good, it has to be a 50:50 negotiation. Too much in your favor can be problematic, and vice versa. Avoid accepting a low salary, unless you are just doing normal processes that anyone can do. My process deals with innovations, and so spurs on professional jealousy which has resulted in some incredibly interesting results: 1/4th arguments with it being a discovery, 1/4th refutes with lawyers at hand about intellectual property rights with other analysts desiring your IP and trying to mimic your product, 1/5th of these resulted in no shows by VPs, managers or members of the team scheduled to speak with you (mind is already made up in spite of your flight). The remaining 30% are the potential employers. If they want you, they'll know from the beginning. If they are insecure or incapable of applying your technology, you can tell that by the face to face. You have to make sure they have the knowledge base to understand your processes; otherwise professional jealousies will get in the way for every step you need to take. Insecure managers on up to CEOs, who won't hire people smarter than them, are why companies fail.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Medco Health (Tampa, FL) in October 2012.

Interview

You are taken to a board room with about 10 other applicants. You sit and listen to a speaker. Then you are called one by one into a private room. They ask you to answer the phone. Upon answering they ask a series of very simple question. This is mainly to hear if you are able to communicate effectively. Then you are sent back to the board room to wait further interview questions. Some people may not come back.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are standard 10. Who you are. Describe a problem you had in the workplace and how did you handle it. Why do you want to work for Medco.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medco Health (Montvale, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for this position in January and met with 8 people. Each person said my skills matched very well with the position. In fact, one person I met with had the exact same background I did and specifically told me that the skills were immediately transferable to the financial analyst role. I was told I would hear something in two weeks because they wanted to move "very quickly". After I left i sent my thank you notes to each of the 8 people I met with. This was in January of 2012. After at least 2 weeks of not hearing anything, I called HR. no response. It's now March of 2012 and after many unanswered calls and emails I still have not heard back. While its clear I did not get the position, the complete lack of respect for my time, and interest in the company, is disappointing. A simple call or form email would have taken HR 2 minutes of time and saved a lot of mine. Recommendation: if you have some one take time out of their day to have an in person interview, please show them the common courtesy of following up-regardless of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• Give us an overview of your current background and how it applies to this role   1 Answer

Member Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medco Health (Omaha, NE) in December 2011.

Interview

There will be two interviews, dress bussiness or bussiness casual. If they are interested there will be a drug/criminal back ground ck. Training last 8 weeks ,you can only miss 12 hrs in that time period

Interview Questions

• Why should the hire you? what do you have to offer the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got the hours I wanted, but the salery is set.