MediFit Corporate Services Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MediFit Corporate Services Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Health Fitness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services (Des Moines, IA) in June 2016.

Interview

A month after I applied for the position I received an email asking for a phone interview. I scheduled it and had a very general interview with a recruiter. They asked for 5 references who needed to fill out an online survey. The recruiter asked for all surveys to completed within 48 hours. I did my best to expedite speedy completion of the surveys by my references. Then I heard absolutely nothing back from the employer. I contacted the recruiter 2 weeks later and she assured me that someone would contact me soon. I never heard from anyone. Seemed like a lot of work on my end for them to never even follow up with me to tell me the position had been filled. Not impressed with this company.

Interview Questions

• What I thought the biggest challenge would be during the first 30 days on the job.   Answer Question

Health Fitness Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services (New York, NY).

Interview

TERRIBLE. I was scheduled for a phone interview and I called in at my scheduled time. I waited on hold for 30 minutes then hung up. I emailed my contact and they "sincerely apologized" for miscommunication. They had apparently chosen someone for the job already and never told me or cancelled my interview. I planned my day to be free at the time of the interview, only to never actually speak to anyone on the phone. This reflects very poorly on how the company treats employees.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

First step was an initial phone interview with a recruiter - went fine. The next step was to have at least 5 professional references fill out an online survey about you and your skills - again, fine. The next step was to be a Skype interview as the interviewer lives out of the area the position was to be located. 30 minutes before my Skype interview, I received an email cancelling. We rescheduled for one week later. About 10 minutes before the rescheduled Skype interview, the interviewer was having "technical difficulties" and we had to resort to another phone interview. The phone interview was about an hour long, however there were no questions regarding my technical skills or even about what I do in my current role. From there, another Skype interview was scheduled for about 4-5 days later. Once again, a few hours before the Skype interview, it was cancelled. Upon my persistence to reschedule it, we were finally able to have the Skype interview 4 days later, which I was given less than 45 minutes notice of when it was to be held, and the actually Skype interview lasted less than 10 minutes, and essentially no questions were asked, just "what do you think of the position?". I was told I would be getting word about a decision one way or another the next week. 3 weeks went by and nothing. Finally I emailed and got a reply saying the position was filled. I was not impressed by any means with MediFit. There seemed to be a lack of organization and professionalism throughout the whole process.

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services.

Interview

I had an initial phone screen with the company. The recruiter was supposed to call around 11:00am but called at about 11:20am and sounded like she completely forgot we had a screen. We rescheduled for the next day, at which point the call took place on time.

The phone screen was one of the poorest screens I've ever been through, strictly because of the quality of the questions. The recruiter did not sound confident in asking the questions, and did not seem to know how to keep the conversation flowing AT ALL. Maybe she was new, but it made the conversation very unnatural and difficult to navigate. I felt like I was inputting answers into a form rather than conversing with an actual person.

Regardless, I was asked something like "Describe your communication style in 3 words" rather than more meaningful questions about my actual work experience, and these questions did not flow at all. We'd jump from "Describe your communication style in 3 words" to something completely on the other end of the spectrum.

I normally rock at interviews but I got off the phone feeling frustrated with that one! That was pretty rough, just because I had prepped to have a more meaningful conversation and walked away feeling this recruiter knew absolutely nothing about me as a professional.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services.

Interview

Fun interview process. Consisted of a phone screening, manger phone call, and an on site "training" interview, where I actually got to train some of their gym members.

Take note though that each site is different on how they go about hiring their employees.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florham Park, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services (Florham Park, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received an invite to a phone interview conference call and no one from the company showed up for the call. They rescheduled the call and did not show up again. I received a phone call two weeks later to schedule an in person interview which I attended and found the interview to be strange since I was not asked any questions about my qualifications to perform the job. I found the whole process, particularly the interview itself, to be unprofessional. This is not a place I would want to work.

Interview Questions

• What was your darkest moment during your unemployment? Do you expect me to believe that? Why do you have a Master's degree? How has your salary been since you were laid off?   Answer Question

Fitness Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They emailed and arranged a 15 minute phone interview. Called and waited 20 minutes, HR is a no show. I email them and they reply sorry and arrange another time. Call again and the person is 10 minutes late. Standard questions. Moved on to 2nd round of phone interviews. Again, HR is a no show, saying they thought someone else on the team was going to do the interview. At this point, I raise an eyebrow at this company.

Finally, get with the HR Manager and she apologizes and conducts a standard and decent phone interview, although ZERO of her questions are related to fitness and this is a Fitness position/company. Assigns a lengthy project for the next stage, again project has nothing to do with fitness.

All this makes me research a bit deeper and turns out this company really is simply driven by numbers and has little to do with making a difference in people's health and fitness. Managers are expected to give multiple reports each week with little time do actually do their jobs. Couple that with the reported long hours, low pay and completely unorganized Human Resources Department, contacted them and asked to be immediately removed from consideration.

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Online application, reference checks, phone screens, in-person interviews. Strangest interview experience I've ever had in my life: misleading, no follow up despite talking about it, late for interview, extremely unprofessional. I'm still confused about what was going on during this process. Dodged a bullet with this one, I'm relieved it didn't work out.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience translate to the position you applied for?   Answer Question

Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services in September 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview and took about 30 minutes. Got a background on the company and the population it served. Answered questions about my background and experience. I also got the opportunity to ask questions. It was a standard phone interview. IWe scheduled a sight visit so I could see the massage space.

Interview Questions

Parking and start-up cost would be a factor because they are just re-starting offering massage services.

Health and Fitness Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediFit Corporate Services in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and two days later received able initial phone screen. They give you a survey to put down 5 professional references that you've worked with. After your refs have submitted the survey, one site got back to me the day of. Still waiting on the other two...

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a confrontational scenario? Give experiences relating to job.   Answer Question