MediaCom Worldwide Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MediaCom Worldwide Assistant Media Planner Interview Questions

Interviews at MediaCom Worldwide

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick, professional, informative. It was an organized discussion that was back and forth and the interviewer answered all my questions before I could ask them. The interviewer wanted to make sure this is a position I was really interested in and we discussed my college career in depth. Seemed genuinely curious and interested in my college education and success.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MediaCom Worldwide

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter after finding my resume online for an Assistant Media Planner opening. I was very interested in the position, but I was kinda hesitant because he told me the low starting salary up-front. I felt that the recruiter was pushy, and was more focused on earning a commission for me. Also when I was on the phone with him the first time, he was criticizing my experience, and how it did not line up to the open position. I was somewhat confused by and turned off by that statement, considering that he was the one that reached out to me.

Anyway, I did one Skype interview with two managers and one Media Planner of the department that I would be working in. They were all very nice and very friendly. I did my research on Mediacom and the clients they worked with currently and in the past. They seemed very impressed by what I know about the Mediacom and what to expect with an agency. The overall Skype interview lasted only 20-25 minutes. Quite possibly the most relaxed job interview I participated in. Soon after, I get a call from the recruiter asking how did the interview go and told him it went well. He said to me that he would let me know a response by early next week.
    Early next week came and went, and I did not receive any calls or emails from the recruiter or the three Mediacom employees that I Interviewed with. Overall, I felt it was a frustrating experience. Here I am, just finishing grad school and applying for jobs all over and I felt like they wasted my time and played with my hopes with this whole process. My message to Mediacom and GroupM is to improve the recruiting process for hiring new talent. If they take it more seriously at the beginning trying to find and retain quality talent at the beginning, it will pay off in the long run. As for professionals looking for a career with Mediacom, stay aware and proactive with your relationships with recruiters and the people you interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy. Hardest part is getting the interview. I would recommend doing a bit of research about current clients prior to. They have had quite a bit of changes occur within the agency so legacy clients, even, have changed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

HR screening, interviews in person with supervisor, director, and planner. They mostly go over with same questions of your background, skill sets, personality, and interest in company. Nothing too hard or surprising. It took me about 2 weeks to hear back from HR department, but the whole process of an interview was done pretty quick.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Standard interview first with HR then with team. It was a new account and they were looking to hire fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.