MediaCom Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MediaCom Worldwide

2.8

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Quick, professional, informative. It was an organized discussion that was back and forth and the interviewer answered all my questions before I could ask them. The interviewer wanted to make sure this is a position I was really interested in and we discussed my college career in depth. Seemed genuinely curious and interested in my college education and success.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I got contacted by a recruiter after finding my resume online for an Assistant Media Planner opening. I was very interested in the position, but I was kinda hesitant because he told me the low starting salary up-front. I felt that the recruiter was pushy, and was more focused on earning a commission for me. Also when I was on the phone with him the first time, he was criticizing my experience, and how it did not line up to the open position. I was somewhat confused by and turned off by that statement, considering that he was the one that reached out to me.

Anyway, I did one Skype interview with two managers and one Media Planner of the department that I would be working in. They were all very nice and very friendly. I did my research on Mediacom and the clients they worked with currently and in the past. They seemed very impressed by what I know about the Mediacom and what to expect with an agency. The overall Skype interview lasted only 20-25 minutes. Quite possibly the most relaxed job interview I participated in. Soon after, I get a call from the recruiter asking how did the interview go and told him it went well. He said to me that he would let me know a response by early next week.
    Early next week came and went, and I did not receive any calls or emails from the recruiter or the three Mediacom employees that I Interviewed with. Overall, I felt it was a frustrating experience. Here I am, just finishing grad school and applying for jobs all over and I felt like they wasted my time and played with my hopes with this whole process. My message to Mediacom and GroupM is to improve the recruiting process for hiring new talent. If they take it more seriously at the beginning trying to find and retain quality talent at the beginning, it will pay off in the long run. As for professionals looking for a career with Mediacom, stay aware and proactive with your relationships with recruiters and the people you interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Easy. Hardest part is getting the interview. I would recommend doing a bit of research about current clients prior to. They have had quite a bit of changes occur within the agency so legacy clients, even, have changed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

HR screening, interviews in person with supervisor, director, and planner. They mostly go over with same questions of your background, skill sets, personality, and interest in company. Nothing too hard or surprising. It took me about 2 weeks to hear back from HR department, but the whole process of an interview was done pretty quick.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in May 2008.

Interview

Standard interview first with HR then with team. It was a new account and they were looking to hire fast.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide.

Interview

People were very nice and friendly. Recruiter was also thorough and answered all my questions immediately. Basically no surprises in the entire process as the recruiter had explained everything from the start. Interview questions were standard and relevant, nothing stupid/unrelated/crazy that put you on the spot. Met with most of the department managers and gained a lot more insight in the position, which was very helpful.

Interview Questions

• Not that difficult but they asked "what wouuld you do if____" type of questions.   Answer Question

Associate Search Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

Received an email from the recruiter and had a phone interview with her. She was very nice and asked good questions. The in-person meeting was perhaps the best I ever had. Met with the entire Search team for one of the bigger clients and met with the most junior folks up to the Head of Search. It was very insightful and there was lots of good dialogue.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I've dealt with a troublesome employee and what I would do if I were to encounter someone who was producing a bad vibe on the team and negatively effecting team morale.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and got a phone call from a recruiter. He didn't leave a voicemail which was weird but I called back since it was an NYC number. He told me the salary which was 55k which was really low for the position. I set up a phone interview where I was asked a few technical questions which I passed and then was invited for an in person interview. At the in person interview I had 4 interviews each lasting 30 minutes. I thought I answered most of the questions fairly well and had a good rapport. I was told that they would get back to me a week later. I sent thank you emails to everyone after the interview. So far it has been 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything. I guess I could follow up but honestly I feel like the salary is so low it's not even worth it.

Interview Questions

• Phone: What is a p value
      In person: What are the assumptions of regression, Describe how I would go about testing the effect of ads on the sales of a product. How would I isolate certain factors in a model   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide.

Interview

Recruiters seem genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

Salary, it is not competitive.

Media Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MediaCom Worldwide.

Interview

Interview went well.. Extremely well I thought. HR kept reiterating that they would be in touch during the process without me asking. I was told that I would be updated when a decision was made and I never heard back. I postponed my other job offers waiting on this one just because I was told they would reach out whether I got the job or not and they made it seem as though I had already gotten the offer. Emailed HR two weeks later to get an update and never got a response back. Friendly people.. Pretend they like you and then don't offer you the job.