MediaMath Interview Questions in New York, NY | Glassdoor

MediaMath Interview Questions in New York, NY

Updated Apr 19, 2017

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I was asked about various data science techniques. The guy talking to me was high up in the data science team, however spent his time explaining things to me and he gave me some great advice. It was a very positive experience and he was very helpful. I got a great impression of the company.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about random forests?   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Two interviews. Simple questions about background knowledge on the field. Was not asked to code anything. Only experience based questions. Everyone was kind and straight forward. Did not get the job but I would apply again. Seems like a good company.

Media Partnerships Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

One phone interview, 30 minutes long. Was asked to complete an analytic exercise regarding ad impression estimations. Came in for in-person which consisted of meeting with different 4 people. Everyone was nice, though some of the interview questions seemed pointless. I was told 2 weeks to hear back. A full month later, I emailed them because they had not been in contact. They did not reply. I'm utterly disappointed in that level of unprofessionalism. Interesting company, nice enough people (who boast 'honesty'/'transparency' as a company-wide value) yet lack honesty or transparency.

Interview Questions

• What is my favorite app? How would I improve that app?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews:
    1) simply phone interview with team leader
    2) coding challenge (took around 4hrs)
    3) 1hr interview with 3 different team members

I felt good about the interviews, however, after this entire process I got an email telling me that the position was terminated for budgetary reasons. A waste of both of our times.

Interview Questions

• Code a simple server to accept a post request and do some data processing on the string in the body.   Answer Question

Marketing Engineer Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with 5 interviewers. They were very friendly and informative. They wanted to know why I was interested in their company and the industry all together. They were nice, but definitely research the company... beforehand. Also, if you sound like you know a lot, they will ask how you know, so have sources.

Interview Questions

• Why media math? Why are you interested in programmatic? Tell me about a time you failed when using technology   Answer Question

Strategy/Account Leadership Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Someone internally referred me for a role and I was contacted by recruiter within a week. Recruiter contacted me and provided high-level overview of role and team and an in-person interview was set up to meet with the leaders. Conditional offer extended and references were requested, but never contacted. Since I had contacted references to expect a call from someone, it was very embarrassing for MM to not contact them. Also declined another offer since the intent from MM was clearly states. Very unorganized process and never heard back from MM, despite follow ups. It is apparent that this company doesn't value or respect people's time or reputation in the industry. Looks like I dodged a bullet from working for an org that is so unorganized.

Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I went through 5 rounds of interviews:
    1) simply phone interview with HR and Data Engineer
    2) Video Interview with Analytics team panel of 3 members
    3) In person Interview with 3 different team Members
    4) Phone interview with director of the team

The entire process nearly took 6 weeks and lastly the HR mentioned that team has liked me but they don't have decisions for the position

Marketing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter mostly centered on behavioral questions. Then invited into the office for 5 30 minute interviews with various people in the company. Again, this mostly focused on behavioral and motivational questions based on resume.

Analyst, Platform Solutions Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY).

Interview

First round with manager to see why you're interested in MediaMath and Platform Solutions specifically. Final Round was 6, 30 minute conversations with the team. I was told the interviews went well then received an e-mail saying MediaMath is entering a "hiring freeze" and only hiring internally at the moment. Would have been nice to know upfront before going to New York for a 3 hour interview and wasting everyone's time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied for an entry-level position as a recent grad. They called me on the phone and we spoke for about 30 minutes. No tough questions, very basic and straightforward. They explained their business, which was very helpful. Definitely prepare yourself by studying their website and know a background of their company. I don't think I got the interview b/c I didn't have enough specific experience in that area.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your past internships?
      How do you think your past experience in marketing can contribute to the culture here?
      What kind of work environment do you thrive?
      Answer Question