Mediacom Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mediacom Communications Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Davenport, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Davenport, IA).

Interview

Not Difficult

Negotiation

Zero negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Mediacom Communications

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Valdosta, GA).

Interview

i applied online and i had forgotten that i had applied to the company when i got a call for an interview a month or two later. i went into the office and took an assessment which assessed my customer service and typing skills. i passed that test and went to a face to face interview with two of my soon to be direct supervisors. they asked typical interview questions, nothing that was too hard. the usual, tell me about a situation where you had to please a dissatisfied customer, what is your definition of excellent customer service, how quickly do you learn and adapt in a new work environment etc. i answered every question openly and honestly and the supervisors were impressed with my answers

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation phase

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Springfield, MO) in June 2013.

Interview

Had and interview with a Jr. HR person at the Missouri Career Center for about 10 min then took a personality and basic skills test which took 30+ minutes. I was then asked to go to Mediacom to have a second interview the next day. After a 15 minute interview with one of the Customer Service Supervisors I was taken straight to the Call Center Manager for a third interview with her. One of the things she grilled me for was that we would asked to 3 holidays a year and frequently be required to work overtime. Then it took 2-3 days for HR to drug test and run background checks to clear me.

Interview Questions

• Can you work overtime?
      Can you work holidays?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to raise my base pay $0.25 to start because of my work experience.

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Moline, IL) in April 2012.

Interview

Filled out Online Application on site, got a Call a week Later 10min Phone Interview, I got another call a few hours later to setup a 1:1 interview. I took an On-Site testing takes about 1 hour and 30 min for all 4 tests. You have to pass them all to Interview after testing. First onsite Interview is 1:1 if Hiring Manger likes you a couple more Supervisors will join the interview to ask questions. (Very Nerve Racking.) Next Step is Extensive Background Check if you pass Next youll get a Phone call for Drug Testing when you Pass that the Job offer Awaits for you Next day! - There very good on letting you know where you stand in the Application process Email base as well as Phone.

Interview Questions

• Asked to Sale them a Product.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Springfield, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

I got a phone call and had a phone interview, then took computer tests and had an interview with one of the supervisors.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Why do you want to work for this company.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They offered my a starting wage based on my experience. I took it.

Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (Des Moines, IA) in May 2011.

Interview

Long wait between interview and getting hired. Applied in May started in August. Interviewer made me sit in the lobby for 1/2 before coming to get me. My wait seemed longer than the interview itself. The training for CSR is too short and you are thrown out to customers way too fast.

Interview Questions

• How would I deal with upset customers?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mediacom Communications (West Des Moines, IA) in July 2009.

Interview

Submitted paper application and received a call for interview about 3 weeks later. Went to first interview and was asked to come for 2nd a few days later. Then received call that I was hired and needed to submit to a background check along with a drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was some limited room available to negotiate based on any previous experience you may have had.