Mediacorp Reporter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mediacorp Reporter Interview Questions

Interviews at Mediacorp

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

Writing test asked a lot questions about local politics and requires interviewee to know the names of MPs. Asked to write a television script based on a short excerpt from a minister's interview. Did not get shortlisted for Interview round.

Interview Questions

• What are the names of the four first time MPs elected in 2015 General Elections?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mediacorp

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in September 2009.

Interview

I was referred to work at MediaCorp through a friend. Initially I was called to meet with HR and my direct manager. Following this I sat a test on my knowledge of current affairs (you will be asked to write a script on the issue), followed by another panel interview.

Interview Questions

• The test is pretty straight forward, it asks you current issues in the news, so as long as you know what is going on you should be fine. Questions in the interview are standard.. where you see yourself in 5 years time, name a challenge and how you have overcome it...   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2010.

Interview

HR responded to my online application with an interview date. Did a report test and proceeded into 1:1 interview with Executive Editor. Was asked on my interest in media career. Left but wrote a thank you email. Received an offer shortly after.

Interview Questions

• A test on current news and how you would write it and what visuals you would use.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Offer was better than I had so no negotiation

Reporter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp.

Interview

2 rounds of interview plus on written test. easy general questions, written test involves wiring, editing, some financial calculations and explanation of financial terms. identification of CEO names, asked about recent news as well

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mediacorp (Singapore (Singapore)) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was cordial, there's a sense of urgency that I can detect as they were short handed and eager to bring people on board. No nasty questions.