Medialets Potential But Poor Ethics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Potential But Poor Ethics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medialets (New York, NY).

Interview

Like other reviews I saw on here, much of the same blah blah blah, they post the position on job boards while still making you believe they are interested in you. During the 4 month long process, 5 other recruiters unknowingly reached out to me about the role I thought I had a good shot of getting. When I made it to the end of the process, the COO asked engineering questions and described the role as being something very different than what I had been interviewing for the last 4 months. So if you want to wait out the grueling process and loose a few brain cells, I would recommend seeing it through. For a start-up they are stable, you can certainly learn a lot, they pay well, and have major clients in the space. They are giving Apple a run for their money. But losing when it comes to ethics and how they treat people.
On the downside, the office is a hot desk environment, the turnaround is really bad, the interview process is grueling and they have no respect for your time, they draw a gray line and break many laws when it comes to recruiting which can result in distortion of your application, and based on the ethics displayed in this process it does not feel like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

I was drained from the process, insulted by the lack of respect for my time, did not like the idea of them contacting former colleagues without my approval... law prohibits them from doing this, but they did anyway. They can only verify employment, they should only call references I provide. And I did not like the way they stringed me along and did not have the correct position indicated for the role they were hiring for.