Medical College of Wisconsin Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical College of Wisconsin Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Not a short process at all so be warned! From time of my application to time of offer was about 2 months. I had to go through Microsoft Office skills testing, 2 phone interviews/screens and a 2.5 hour in-person interview where I meet with 7 people in small groups of 1-2 at a time. Everyone I meet with was super nice and the interviews flowed well. They made me feel comfortable and I left thinking I had a good chance of getting an offer. Be prepared, friendly and confident.

Because the hiring process at MCW is decentralized, it's encouraged to apply to any position you are interested in and qualified for. Some departments do their own hiring while other go through the Human Resources Department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medical College of Wisconsin

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called for an interview 1 week later. I met with two individuals who were hiring managers I would assume, they introduced themselves by name, not title. After going into a conference room, they both had my resume and a list of interview questions. They asked me three questions, asked if I had any questions, which I asked two. My impression was a substandard interview process and snide attitudes. Very uncomfortable and offstandish atmosphere here. I would not work here if they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial meeting with HR, was very easy, did not ask any traditional questions and seemed as though they fully read and comprehended my experience without me telling them about it. I took a typing test and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook test.

HR set up interview with Administrator and Administrative Coordinator of the department I would be assisting. Not even 5 minutes into my interview the individual I met with in HR called the Administrator and the Administrator excused herself. Let me just say, considering another individual commented that this happened to them as well on Glassdoor it seems this is their routine. I found it unbelievably unprofessional considering HR has their daily schedule and knows that she was in an interview at this time because HR is the one who scheduled the interview. It seems that this is staged as a way for HR to hear their "first impression" after 2 minutes of meeting wit me. The Administrator was gone for over 20 minutes while I spoke with the Administrative Coordinator. Not one question was asked about why I would be a good fit, my experience, etc, instead the coordinator talked the entire time about why she loves working there and the serious changes that were taking place and how difficult they were to deal with. Once the Administrator came back into the room she made up an excuse for why she had to take the call and proceeded to tell me that I would be passed on for additional interviews and that the coordinator would be in touch. They also stressed how long the interview process is and repeatedly asked me if this was okay that it would take a long time. I left the interview not knowing what had just happened because both experiences, so far, were the furthest in relation to an interview.

I received the interview itinerary from the coordinator a few weeks later and was blown away that I was to meet with 11 individuals over the course of 3 and 1/2 hours. In my mind it was going to be a panel interview or multiple individuals at different times. Let me say this experience was the most exhausting process I have ever endured in interviewing for a job and the most disorganized. I met with everyone in the department that I would be working with/for, at random times, unplanned. Some meetings were 1 on 1 and others were with 4 to 5 individuals. My resume was given to them as I was walking into the door to meet with them. One of the more "mature" nurses squinted her eyes and pursed her lips while speaking to me repeating over and over that she did not believe I understood the job description when her colleague next to her defended me. It was demeaning but I held my ground. The worst was meeting with 5 nurses all in 20's to mid 30's. When I walked into the room there was no greeting and I attempted to shake their hands and they stared at me blankly and in silence. At one point a 6th nurse walked in right past me laughing, leaned against a wall with her arms crossed, and made a joke about wasting her time and they all laughed. I was the only one asking questions and at one point one of the nurses said, "wow, apparently we're the ones being interviewed according to her." It was a waste of my time and I contemplated walking out and formally removing my interest in the position.

I finished meeting with the rest of the department. Everyone except for the individuals mentioned about were extremely professional and commented that they looked forward to working with me. The coordinator walked me out and said she would contact me to set up the remaining interviews. She said she wanted me to understand that they were clearly very interested in me otherwise they would not put me through this process and she repeated this over and over. Odd but it slightly compensated for the mind-blowing experience I had with the rude nurses.

I went home and immediately sent a thank you email and requested she follow up to schedule the remaining meetings. Four weeks passed and I emailed the coordinator again to follow up since I had not heard a word. No response. I decided to email HR to follow up to get at least an answer or insight to the next step. No response and it's been a few weeks.

I am incredibly disappointed in my experience and can not imagine that this is an environment I would want to work in if the individuals in charge can not reply to an email. It is irrelevant how many individuals they are interviewing. I have been in their position before and I can tell you I would have been terminated if I allowed such experiences to happen with potential hires, especially if word reached HR that I acted in the way the 6 nurses did. So disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was the only "interview" question.   Answer Question

Medical College of Wisconsin Response

Feb 24, 2015 – HR Consultant for Communication

MCW prides itself on being an inclusive community where all individuals are valued and respected and we are very sorry to hear your interview process was not representative of this commitment ... More

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in April 2010.

Interview

The Employment Office is very efficient with their hiring process; observes a structured system; and acts fact on applications. They were professional and helpful.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really. Most questions were standard and expected. They were relevant to the position.   Answer Question