Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.9

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

Received email from HR looking to set up phone interview. I immediately responded with available dates and times. It took a few days for HR staff to respond and confirm phone interview. During the phone interview, she was relatively friendly. I was told that I would be contacted within the next week if they wanted to move forward. I emailed a thank you the next day. Hours later I received a standard email that stated that the position was filled. I am doubtful that it was actually filled, as the day before I was told that there were 2 positions available. I again emailed the HR staff to thank them for their consideration, express my continued interest, and ask for any feedback so that I could make myself a stronger candidate. I did not receive a response. I felt that the lack of response from HR was unprofessional. I may have not been a great fit for that position, but the fact that HR staff does not have the courtesy to respond to my emails makes me hesitant to apply to any other positions in the future.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with staff and physicians . Had one group of four staff members interview for 45 minutes or so and then two separate physician interviews of 20 minutes each. Have thoughtful, relevant questions for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism? How well do you handle interruptions? Can you keep calm if others do not?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

The process took almost two months. I had two very long (3hour) interviews with several people in the department, some were panel and some were 1 on 1. Overall it was a good experience. Everyone was very nice and asked the typical interview questions. Make sure you know a lot about the company, the position you are applying for and how your skills fit with that position.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2017.

Interview

First met with Human Resources and performed a skills test for Microsoft applications. I was then called in for another interview and it went swimmingly. I was even told I was in the top three for the position. I finally heard back and learned they chose a candidate that would be a "better fit with the donors". To be honest, that was a little disheartening on a personal level than just being told he/she was just better qualified. All in all, the committee was group of very nice people and they do great work.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any out of ordinary questions asked, but they did flip my questions back on myself.   Answer Question

Pediatric Orthopedics Engineer I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online. First, HR emailed me asking for background check info and set up a time for a phone interview. I had the phone interview with HR and she told me I would be contacted within 2 weeks. I wasn't contacted, but reached out through email to check my status and was told if the manager was interested he would contact me.

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

General questions re: prior positions and office skills and ability to work for multiple people and manage multiple tasks. Interviewer did not seem prepared, very knowledgeable about job, and lacked promised follow through.

Interview Questions

• Can you work for multiple people with multiple agendas, and manage multiple projects?   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

over 2 hours. 4 different people. HR, and entire department thought they were hiring for Buyer. New Director informed me that it was for Junior Buyer. Current buyers only there less than a year. They went through a few in the past year. 45-50 hours/week told to me by Dir. 50-55 hours/week told to me by buyers. They do agreements but departments get to buy what they want.

Interview Questions

• What was the latest book you read?   1 Answer

Research Technologist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in January 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview that was very calm and casual. The person from HR was very nice and made me feel at ease. The questions were pretty basic HR interview questions. Answer using the STAR method and you should be fine. Also was asked about my lab technique experience.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

An initial telephone interview. I was told about the position I was interviewing for and the place that I would work for if hired. I was asked why I left my previous employer. I was asked about my UNIX experience, as well as other server experience, such as Windows and VMWare. My EDI experience, I was told, was helpful to the interviewer, as well as the fact that I now like creating documentation, which I, early in my career, did not like doing.

Interview Questions

• What type of work did I do in my previous employment?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by recruiting agent via email. Set up a phone interview and was informed of how the process would develop if I was approved by the hiring manager. The next steps would have been a 1-1 face interview as well as a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting feature/what draws you in towards working in a laboratory?   Answer Question