Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

2.8

Research Technologist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in January 2017.

Interview

Did a phone interview that was very calm and casual. The person from HR was very nice and made me feel at ease. The questions were pretty basic HR interview questions. Answer using the STAR method and you should be fine. Also was asked about my lab technique experience.

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

An initial telephone interview. I was told about the position I was interviewing for and the place that I would work for if hired. I was asked why I left my previous employer. I was asked about my UNIX experience, as well as other server experience, such as Windows and VMWare. My EDI experience, I was told, was helpful to the interviewer, as well as the fact that I now like creating documentation, which I, early in my career, did not like doing.

Interview Questions

• What type of work did I do in my previous employment?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by recruiting agent via email. Set up a phone interview and was informed of how the process would develop if I was approved by the hiring manager. The next steps would have been a 1-1 face interview as well as a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting feature/what draws you in towards working in a laboratory?   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview, two rounds of in-person interviews. Had to provide very extensive supporting documentation with references, diplomas, transcripts, and even performance reviews from previous positions. It was too much!

Research Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application, about a week later I recieved an email from a representative in HR requesting a phone interview. A couple days (1-2) after the phone interview I recieved an email from the PI of the lab that I applied to for a in person interview. Received an offer a week after that.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Long, very, very long, I am an internal employee, I had to first meet with HR and take a series of test based on Microsoft outlook. Then I met with department staff (people at the same level as the position). I was called in to interview again with a division administrator. Was called to interview again for the fourth time by a faculty member. I essentially turned down the fourth interview because I was offered another position within my department. In my opinion the amount of interviews for a position of this status is a bit ridiculous and very much overkill.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked such as how do you handle conflict, what are you long term goals, why are you seeking a new position, etc.   1 Answer

Financial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in February and had my first interview in March with the HR department. The second interview was about 3 weeks later and I spoke with my direct supervisor and one other person. I was offered the position about two weeks after my second interview and started three weeks after that due to having to give notice at the job I had. The process overall went very well.

Graduate Student Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

Financial resolutions always top the list of America's most common New Year's resolutions… and for good reason. The benefits of achieving this resolution can help you become financially secure, lower your stress levels and increase your tax benefits.

Administrative Coordinator 1- Gastroenterology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interview was very basic. Behavior and past experience. It is an entry level position, bachelors needed and a year or 2 of experience. I was told that I would hear back in the beginning of the following week. I didn't hear back so I sent an email to the HR person who interview me. My email was ignored. So 2 weeks later I sent another email, HR rep finally responded and was very rude. Which seems to be the trend that I am seeing on glassdoor with the MCW. Asked for feedback with the rejection and was told that they couldn't provide feedback. Very weird and unwanted experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in the past job where you had to diffuse a bad situation and how you went along with doing it.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The phone screening was followed by another phone screening. Then there was an in person interview where you meet with a number of groups, management, MDs, NPs, PA, and admins. Everyone was very nice and professional