Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medical College of Wisconsin

2.8

Community Programs Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2020.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by phone about a week later and told that they wanted to invite me interview for the position (via video). I said ok and waited for the email to come through.

Instead, I received a link asking for 5 references - with a minimum being 3 professional. I was confused by this since I hadn’t even interviewed or received a date for the interview at this point, but completed the step regardless so I could proceed.

Interview date came and I was on WebEx with 3 ladies who took turns asking questions and/or explaining their job roles within the department.

Overall, I thought I did well for being a newbie to this virtual interviewing style.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience working with the community?   1 Answer

Physician Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

No follow up in a timely manner. It was a slow and lengthy process. They let good qualified candidates fall through because of the time it takes them to get back to them.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

Phone interview with the principal investigator. Invited for onsite interview scheduled within two weeks. Interview with principal investigator followed by brief meetings with department faculty members. Next, scientific presentation to discuss research methodologies and results.

Lab Technologist I Interview

Interview

Applied via website. Received an email about three weeks after to set up a phone interview from HR. I was told that I will be hearing back in a week.

Interview Questions

Medical College of Wisconsin Response

Jul 16, 2019 – Benefits Director

Thank you for your feedback on our recruitment process which has been shared with our recruitment team. Our goal is to be as responsive as possible to our applicants and we are sorry we did not meet your expectations. We hope you give us another chance and encourage you to continue to look for employment opportunities at MCW.

Talent Development Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in May 2019.

Interview

I've had several phone screen with the same recruiter for different positions. The screens were not that far apart but the recruiter forgot who I was. Talk about being treated like a number.

The recruiter's explanations of the job descriptions were very different and actually deterred me from the organization.

When waiting to hear back for a final decision, I was not notified. I had to check the careers page for myself and see my application status.

HR Team, please train your recruiters on being more personable and actually treating candidates as humans. Also, invest the extra time in notifying applicants that have come very close to the final steps. The medical college of wisconsin has a massive reputation and needs to maintain it through well-trained and seasoned professionals.

Interview Questions

• The typical HR questions in the initial call with the recruiter and STAR questions for screen with the hiring manager.   Answer Question

Clinical Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in April 2019.

Interview

The phone interview is around 30 mins long, mostly them asking you questions. They asked about your previous positions and to go in depth for each one. She was very helpful in answering your questions at the end, but limited the interview to 30 mins.

Educational Program Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2018.

Interview

I applied to a position on 10/10/18. I was contacted on 10/24/18 to set up a phone interview which I scheduled for 10/31/18. That morning, I was notified that the position was filled on 10/30/18. My main question is if I had been contacted when I had first applied, I could have been actually considered for the job.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview which took about 35 minutes and although the questions were clearly guided it felt like a conversation and was very comfortable. Interviewer made it clear that if I would like, I could be made aware of any and all opportunities that might be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Experience, what I desired out of a work experience, future goals, salary expectations   Answer Question

Research Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2018.

Interview

I applied online, they responded pretty quickly (about a week), then a phone interview was set up. Within the next week the medical college of Wisconsin emailed me back with feedback from phone interview

Interview Questions

• They asked me to go in detail the last experiment I performed   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview was really more of just a screen done by a consultant. She was not aware of job specifics that were in the listing and provided inaccurate job info which I discovered at the in person interview.

I literally was no longer interested in the position after hearing her description of it but felt going to the in person interview was good experience. I was so excited to find out I was qualified and interested in the actual job description that I feel I did not show enough interest in the company.

The in person interview was really just a conversation with 2 people. It’s probably the only time I have ever truly enjoyed an interview.

I did not make it to the 2nd round.

Interview Questions

• The consultant who did the phone interview really pressed me for my desired salary.   Answer Question