Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medical College of Wisconsin

2.8

Clinical Research Coordinator I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview process with HR went perfectly fine - you meet with HR first, then they pass their notes onto the corresponding hiring managers. The hiring manager who interviewed me though was very pushy and controlling. He would not let me give a 2 weeks notice at my former employer . I should have seen this as a huge red flag, but I needed a job in this city as I was relocating so I accepted anyways. HR needs to take more control in the interview/hiring process and ensure managers cannot coarse new employees into a guilt trip and not giving the needed 2 or 4 week notice to their previous employers.

Interview Questions

• All the questions are behavior based - they simply ask for a time this happened and how did you deal with it, or when did you manage a difficult task and how did you get through it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation phase. MCW pays their employees very little, and if they cannot pay you the salary you need, they don't even offer a sign-on bonus. I had to take the job though because the economy was so bad and I was scared I wouldn't find a job elsewhere.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Interviewed with Manager and Administrator for about 20 minutes each. The Administrator took a non urgent phone call in the middle of the interview which I thought was extremely rude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We went back and forth with wages twice because the offer was too low.

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in June 2012.

Interview

Plan on taking months...HR start the process but it is the dept that makes the decision. It's all a joke
    You can apply for different jobs but they all take months

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here...you will understand once working there   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Long, very, very long, I am an internal employee, I had to first meet with HR and take a series of test based on Microsoft outlook. Then I met with department staff (people at the same level as the position). I was called in to interview again with a division administrator. Was called to interview again for the fourth time by a faculty member. I essentially turned down the fourth interview because I was offered another position within my department. In my opinion the amount of interviews for a position of this status is a bit ridiculous and very much overkill.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked such as how do you handle conflict, what are you long term goals, why are you seeking a new position, etc.   1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

over 2 hours. 4 different people. HR, and entire department thought they were hiring for Buyer. New Director informed me that it was for Junior Buyer. Current buyers only there less than a year. They went through a few in the past year. 45-50 hours/week told to me by Dir. 50-55 hours/week told to me by buyers. They do agreements but departments get to buy what they want.

Interview Questions

• What was the latest book you read?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in July 2017.

Interview

First met with Human Resources and performed a skills test for Microsoft applications. I was then called in for another interview and it went swimmingly. I was even told I was in the top three for the position. I finally heard back and learned they chose a candidate that would be a "better fit with the donors". To be honest, that was a little disheartening on a personal level than just being told he/she was just better qualified. All in all, the committee was group of very nice people and they do great work.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any out of ordinary questions asked, but they did flip my questions back on myself.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

Initial meeting with HR, was very easy, did not ask any traditional questions and seemed as though they fully read and comprehended my experience without me telling them about it. I took a typing test and Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook test.

HR set up interview with Administrator and Administrative Coordinator of the department I would be assisting. Not even 5 minutes into my interview the individual I met with in HR called the Administrator and the Administrator excused herself. Let me just say, considering another individual commented that this happened to them as well on Glassdoor it seems this is their routine. I found it unbelievably unprofessional considering HR has their daily schedule and knows that she was in an interview at this time because HR is the one who scheduled the interview. It seems that this is staged as a way for HR to hear their "first impression" after 2 minutes of meeting wit me. The Administrator was gone for over 20 minutes while I spoke with the Administrative Coordinator. Not one question was asked about why I would be a good fit, my experience, etc, instead the coordinator talked the entire time about why she loves working there and the serious changes that were taking place and how difficult they were to deal with. Once the Administrator came back into the room she made up an excuse for why she had to take the call and proceeded to tell me that I would be passed on for additional interviews and that the coordinator would be in touch. They also stressed how long the interview process is and repeatedly asked me if this was okay that it would take a long time. I left the interview not knowing what had just happened because both experiences, so far, were the furthest in relation to an interview.

I received the interview itinerary from the coordinator a few weeks later and was blown away that I was to meet with 11 individuals over the course of 3 and 1/2 hours. In my mind it was going to be a panel interview or multiple individuals at different times. Let me say this experience was the most exhausting process I have ever endured in interviewing for a job and the most disorganized. I met with everyone in the department that I would be working with/for, at random times, unplanned. Some meetings were 1 on 1 and others were with 4 to 5 individuals. My resume was given to them as I was walking into the door to meet with them. One of the more "mature" nurses squinted her eyes and pursed her lips while speaking to me repeating over and over that she did not believe I understood the job description when her colleague next to her defended me. It was demeaning but I held my ground. The worst was meeting with 5 nurses all in 20's to mid 30's. When I walked into the room there was no greeting and I attempted to shake their hands and they stared at me blankly and in silence. At one point a 6th nurse walked in right past me laughing, leaned against a wall with her arms crossed, and made a joke about wasting her time and they all laughed. I was the only one asking questions and at one point one of the nurses said, "wow, apparently we're the ones being interviewed according to her." It was a waste of my time and I contemplated walking out and formally removing my interest in the position.

I finished meeting with the rest of the department. Everyone except for the individuals mentioned about were extremely professional and commented that they looked forward to working with me. The coordinator walked me out and said she would contact me to set up the remaining interviews. She said she wanted me to understand that they were clearly very interested in me otherwise they would not put me through this process and she repeated this over and over. Odd but it slightly compensated for the mind-blowing experience I had with the rude nurses.

I went home and immediately sent a thank you email and requested she follow up to schedule the remaining meetings. Four weeks passed and I emailed the coordinator again to follow up since I had not heard a word. No response. I decided to email HR to follow up to get at least an answer or insight to the next step. No response and it's been a few weeks.

I am incredibly disappointed in my experience and can not imagine that this is an environment I would want to work in if the individuals in charge can not reply to an email. It is irrelevant how many individuals they are interviewing. I have been in their position before and I can tell you I would have been terminated if I allowed such experiences to happen with potential hires, especially if word reached HR that I acted in the way the 6 nurses did. So disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was the only "interview" question.   1 Answer

Medical College of Wisconsin Response

Feb 24, 2015 – HR Consultant for Communication

MCW prides itself on being an inclusive community where all individuals are valued and respected and we are very sorry to hear your interview process was not representative of this commitment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

After applying online, I was called for an interview 1 week later. I met with two individuals who were hiring managers I would assume, they introduced themselves by name, not title. After going into a conference room, they both had my resume and a list of interview questions. They asked me three questions, asked if I had any questions, which I asked two. My impression was a substandard interview process and snide attitudes. Very uncomfortable and offstandish atmosphere here. I would not work here if they offered me the position.

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can handle working here?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

One interview. Completed Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel testing then met with HR. 2 hour long process total.

Interview Questions

• "Why do you think this job would be a good fit for you?" No challenging questions.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2014.

Interview

HR will conduct their own interview along with testing (word, excel, powerpoint, outlook). Once this interview is complete they will contact regarding meeting with the department. They will set up the interview and the process will take about 4 hours depending on how many people you need to interview with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   2 Answers