Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medical College of Wisconsin

2.8

Administrative Assistant III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a computer skills test on the Microsoft Office Suite and traditional interviews with HR as well as the immediate supervisor and co-workers. Both the individuals in HR and in the office where the job was located were very professional and polite. The only drawback was that the decision-making process seemed to take a long time. I did not hear back for 6-8 weeks, I think. That said, everyone I spoke with was friendly and kind. I think it would be a great place. to work.

Interview Questions

Interview

Very impressed with interview process, casual. Interview gave very accurate description of job duties and introduced me to co-workers I would be working with most directly. Gave very accurate directions to location and met me at front desk. Took time to answer all my questions and was very pleasant.

Systems Specialist III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2008.

Interview

I first met face-to-face with HR to see f I was a good fit for the position. Within a few days I was asked to return to meet with two department representatives with the opening. My interview consisted of 2 hours of questions and answers from the department administrator and the person whom I would be replacing. A few days later I was asked to come back to meet with the Dean in the office where I would be working. So I met with the Dean and by the time I returned home the administrator called me back to offer me the job. I started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Probably "What is your greatest weakness?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

After explaining my backgound to the hiring manager I was able to get him to bump me up a level as my technical experience was much higher than the person I was to replace.

Applications Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in August 2011.

Interview

Basic questions at the start about object oriented programming, PHP, databases. After the phone interview was a basic programming skills test and some questions about PHP.

They don't really have any big challenges since they have a small website that doesn't really do anything too complicated - so there are no scalability challenges.

I did get the feeling that the IT department in general wasn't really appreciated at this place and they were just a necessary part of the machine.

I did get a PHP job that is one of the most challenging ones possible, so it ended up being a very good thing that they didn't want me.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really too hard. They didn't ask anything difficult except for some questions about PHP experience I didn't have, although I had some PHP experience that was far more advanced than what they use.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

An initial telephone interview. I was told about the position I was interviewing for and the place that I would work for if hired. I was asked why I left my previous employer. I was asked about my UNIX experience, as well as other server experience, such as Windows and VMWare. My EDI experience, I was told, was helpful to the interviewer, as well as the fact that I now like creating documentation, which I, early in my career, did not like doing.

Interview Questions

• What type of work did I do in my previous employment?   1 Answer

Financial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wauwatosa, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Wauwatosa, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in February and had my first interview in March with the HR department. The second interview was about 3 weeks later and I spoke with my direct supervisor and one other person. I was offered the position about two weeks after my second interview and started three weeks after that due to having to give notice at the job I had. The process overall went very well.

Financial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in December 2013.

Interview

They really drag their feet on initial interview and will take a while to set it up. Your basic lame HR questions i.e. name your biggest weakness. The questions seem to show they're looking for good actors not employees. Had an interviewer check his cell phone when I was talking. Had them tell me they'd let me know either way on the job within 2 weeks; ended up finding out on my own and then got an email 3 months later that I didn't get the job.

Information Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very long it took several months. I applied in Feb and did not get a call back until June. I had my phone interview and then I did not here back from that for a additional 2 weeks.

IT Project Manager Interview

Interview

phone interview, two rounds of in-person interviews. Had to provide very extensive supporting documentation with references, diplomas, transcripts, and even performance reviews from previous positions. It was too much!

Environmental Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Phone interview fairly descriptive of position and salary. In person interview was not intimidating. Friendly and direct, genuinely interested in developing relationships. Sought personable conversation throughout interview. Post interview follow up fairly quick.