Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medical College of Wisconsin

2.8

Research Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in July 2013.

Interview

The hiring process was extended partly because they were screening a lot of candidates. The interviewers were pleasant and friendly. I got adequate information when I asked questions. They notified me well in advance for interviews.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was why how I would ask questions when I do not quite follow the conversions with my boss   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Initial interview with Employment, then interviewed with manager of position, director of area, and then 3 interviews with managers of various areas would support. In total 6 interviews.

Interview Questions

• The initial interview with the recruiter and the hiring manager were very balanced and pleasant experiences. The final interviews with the Director of HR and then managers of various area that the position would support focused on how political the environment is, as well as, in my case, their preconceived assumptions about my employer. My employer is, by far, the largest employer in the health field in the area and each one of the final 4 interviews made me feel like I was the on the receiving end of their assumptive viewpoints.   Answer Question

Physician Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

I was contacted fairly quickly after applying and an Administrative Assistant set me up for a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. The phone interview went well and I was contacted the following week to meet with the Hiring Manager in person along with her Supervisor. They asked good questions and treated me nicely during their interviews. Both indicated that I would hear back toward the end of the following week. When I didn't hear from anyone, I contacted the Hiring Manager by email and simply asked her if they had reached a decision on who they wanted to move on to a final panel interview. She never responded. I do understand that they may not have felt that I was a good match for their position. My only surprise was that they didn't provide the courtesy of at least sending me a "canned thanks but no thanks letter." Goodness knows that I've sent many of those myself. So, my only suggestion is that they do better follow up just as a matter of professional courtesy.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2012.

Interview

Very unprofessional.

Was called on Wed afternoon. The only slot the had was the next day at 3pm.

Made it work. Had a 3 person interview. 2 admins nd head of department. 2 admin dint provide anything useful as it was a financial analyst interview.

Received email week later saying hey went with other candidate.

I askedth HR person that found me for some constructive criticism so could improve. Never got a response.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle a lot of red tape and drawn out long approval processes?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in September 2015.

Interview

My interview process was unique because I was simultaneously interviewing for two positions within the organization. I started with an in-person interview with one person from the Central Human Resources department for a position in the Pediatrics department. During that interview, Central HR informed me that I seemed like a good fit for a position they were hiring for and asked if I would like to be considered for that position - I agreed. After this first interview, I was asked to complete several computer-based tests to prove competency in Microsoft Office products.

I then came back for a larger interview with Central HR with several different interviewers (this interview took about two hours). I also came in a week or so later for a second interview for the position I originally interviewed for. Both of these second interviews had me placed in a room and cycled in different individuals to interview me. Fortunately, which I appreciated, not all interviewers asked the same questions over-and-over (although there was a fair amount of repeating answers).

Interview Questions

• Each of my interviews included a lot of questions that started with "Tell me about a time when X happened and explain how you handled the situation."   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with staff and physicians . Had one group of four staff members interview for 45 minutes or so and then two separate physician interviews of 20 minutes each. Have thoughtful, relevant questions for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism? How well do you handle interruptions? Can you keep calm if others do not?   1 Answer

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

I was reached out to on LinkedIn and went through an initial run down of the position they wanted to recruit me for, I expressed interest so they set me up for the Microsoft Office Test and an In-Person interview with their Talent Acquisition Specialist, I sent a thank you email and again expressed interest in the position. I was then set up with another phone screen with the Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist and again with the Talent Acquisition Specialist, they explained the next steps and I never heard from them again. I have reached out to the recruiter and the talent acquisition specialist at least twice since these interviews and have received no communication on their end. The professionalism in this part of the process is sorely lacking.

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview which took about 35 minutes and although the questions were clearly guided it felt like a conversation and was very comfortable. Interviewer made it clear that if I would like, I could be made aware of any and all opportunities that might be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Experience, what I desired out of a work experience, future goals, salary expectations   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Waukesha, WI) in June 2014.

Interview

Generally, the interviewers are polite and nice. However, I was frequently asked: Why did you come to America?

Personally I feel this question offensive because it is completely not relevant to the scope of work and the interviewers didn't even realize it. It's non of your business why I came here.

So you can have a taste on the working environment here for foreign workers.

Division Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin.

Interview

I applied in June and had a phone interview within a few weeks. I never heard back until October when they called me in for a 6 hour interview. I got interviewed by 11 different people over the course of the day. Overall, the questions were pretty standard. There was nothing surprising if you've prepared. The interviewers all seemed like they'd be good coworkers, they all seemed passionate about their jobs and seemed like they enjoyed their work.

The position reported to 3 (or maybe 4...I'm not even sure because it was so convoluted) different people who all had competing interests, and all 3 (or 4) expressed their interests were the most crucial. I suppose that's human nature, and I would place the negative connotations from that on the structure and not the individuals. Of the 11 interviewers, there were different levels of desire outwardly expressed about changing the structure- I suspect it won't change any time soon. There seemed to be quite a disconnect from one functional area to the next. Each interviewer explained the administrator role in a completely different way, even to the point that I looked stupid as I repeated earlier explanations. At one point an interviewer literally laughed as I repeated what was told to me. I don't say this to be negative at all- just an honest assessment of what I saw. No job is going to be all sunshine and rainbows and this one is no different.

In so far as an interview can be a "positive" or "enjoyable" experience, I'd say MCW did pretty well. I didn't leave with any reservations about working with, or for, any of the people I met. I think I would have enjoyed working there had they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• How would you rally "resistant" troops around a common goal.   Answer Question