Medical College of Wisconsin Interview Questions in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

2.9

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with staff and physicians . Had one group of four staff members interview for 45 minutes or so and then two separate physician interviews of 20 minutes each. Have thoughtful, relevant questions for them.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with criticism? How well do you handle interruptions? Can you keep calm if others do not?   1 Answer

Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2017.

Interview

General questions re: prior positions and office skills and ability to work for multiple people and manage multiple tasks. Interviewer did not seem prepared, very knowledgeable about job, and lacked promised follow through.

Interview Questions

• Can you work for multiple people with multiple agendas, and manage multiple projects?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in September 2016.

Interview

An initial telephone interview. I was told about the position I was interviewing for and the place that I would work for if hired. I was asked why I left my previous employer. I was asked about my UNIX experience, as well as other server experience, such as Windows and VMWare. My EDI experience, I was told, was helpful to the interviewer, as well as the fact that I now like creating documentation, which I, early in my career, did not like doing.

Interview Questions

• What type of work did I do in my previous employment?   1 Answer

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got contacted by recruiting agent via email. Set up a phone interview and was informed of how the process would develop if I was approved by the hiring manager. The next steps would have been a 1-1 face interview as well as a drug test and background check.

Interview Questions

• What is the most interesting feature/what draws you in towards working in a laboratory?   Answer Question

Research Technologist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Submitted my application, about a week later I recieved an email from a representative in HR requesting a phone interview. A couple days (1-2) after the phone interview I recieved an email from the PI of the lab that I applied to for a in person interview. Received an offer a week after that.

Administrative Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2016.

Interview

Long, very, very long, I am an internal employee, I had to first meet with HR and take a series of test based on Microsoft outlook. Then I met with department staff (people at the same level as the position). I was called in to interview again with a division administrator. Was called to interview again for the fourth time by a faculty member. I essentially turned down the fourth interview because I was offered another position within my department. In my opinion the amount of interviews for a position of this status is a bit ridiculous and very much overkill.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions were asked such as how do you handle conflict, what are you long term goals, why are you seeking a new position, etc.   1 Answer

Administrative Coordinator 1- Gastroenterology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

The interview was very basic. Behavior and past experience. It is an entry level position, bachelors needed and a year or 2 of experience. I was told that I would hear back in the beginning of the following week. I didn't hear back so I sent an email to the HR person who interview me. My email was ignored. So 2 weeks later I sent another email, HR rep finally responded and was very rude. Which seems to be the trend that I am seeing on glassdoor with the MCW. Asked for feedback with the rejection and was told that they couldn't provide feedback. Very weird and unwanted experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in the past job where you had to diffuse a bad situation and how you went along with doing it.   Answer Question

Nurse Practitioner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

The phone screening was followed by another phone screening. Then there was an in person interview where you meet with a number of groups, management, MDs, NPs, PA, and admins. Everyone was very nice and professional

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Not a short process at all so be warned! From time of my application to time of offer was about 2 months. I had to go through Microsoft Office skills testing, 2 phone interviews/screens and a 2.5 hour in-person interview where I meet with 7 people in small groups of 1-2 at a time. Everyone I meet with was super nice and the interviews flowed well. They made me feel comfortable and I left thinking I had a good chance of getting an offer. Be prepared, friendly and confident.

Because the hiring process at MCW is decentralized, it's encouraged to apply to any position you are interested in and qualified for. Some departments do their own hiring while other go through the Human Resources Department.

Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical College of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, WI) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied in late November and received a call from HR three weeks later to schedule an in-person interview. Went to HR offices one week later to take excel and data entry tests and then met with a recruiter who was nice and casual, and made me feel very comfortable. She discussed the position that I was interviewing for in great detail. I thought that I did well, but I guess not b/c I received an email one week later that MCW chose to pursue other, more qualified, candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Tell me about a time that a supervisor praised you for your work.
      Why are you interested in working for MCW?
      Why are you interested in this position that you are interviewing for?
      Would you say that you prefer working on your own or with a team?
      What are your salary requirements?   Answer Question