Medical Facilities of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medical Facilities of America

3.4

Director of Admissions Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America (Fayetteville, NC) in December 2015.

Interview

It is panel interview and they do a 2 step interview It is a little intimidating but they are very nice and the questions are generated from the survey the potential employee did when submitting their application

Director of Rehabilitation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

There was an initial interview with general questions that they probably ask everyone. For me, this was with the administrator and the regional director of rehab, but now, it's usually with a group of management employees from that center. I got a tour of the center, and people greeted me warmly, a little over-enthusiastically, perhaps, and I later learned they had a vacancy in that position for over a year. After the initial interview, I was called back to meet with the VPO, but I didn't see that again with any other directors while I was there, except for admissions directors. This interview was quite long, and I think was intended to be rather taxing, but for me, it was fine.

Interview Questions

• I don't think there was any question that was too too difficult. I do remember the VPO saying he was "going to grill" me and getting rather personal with some of his questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The original offer was low. I did research the salary, since I was changing states and jobs, and my negotiation was left up to the HR director, which may have been a mistake on their part. I did successfully negotiate my yearly salary to my satisfaction, but I didn't get everything in my offer letter that I had intended. Over the course of my time there, there were "technicalities" in my offer letter that weren't honored, such as portions of travel expenses to my annual professional conference. Advice is make sure your offer letter is air-tight and has everything you want in it, and if it doesn't, or if they change the wording on something, it is to their advantage, not yours.

COTA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

Interviewed by the rehab manager and a member of the rehab team. The questions were straight forward and related to the position applied for. The interview took about 25 minutes.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisa, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America (Louisa, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

The hiring process was fast and well-organized. I applied and within 1-2 days, I received a phone call from the Director of Human Resources to set up an interview. The interview was scheduled for a few days later, giving me plenty of time to prepare. I was interviewed by a member of the nursing staff, the Director of Human Resources, and the Director of Nursing. The staff took turns asking questions regarding my character, knowledge, experience, etc. The interview process took roughly 20-40 minutes. Two days after my interview I received an offer for the job.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your weaknesses regarding your work life?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America in August 2017.

Interview

Do you really think I would be crazy enough to tell you where I really work? I have seen corporate retaliation up close and in person. Think 1 state up at a facility named after the county in which it was built.... If you knew where I really worked it would be obvious who I really was. And then I would be fired. Maybe I do despise everyone I work with since they betrayed me the way they did, but I still need to pay my bills. I get monetary compensation, and in return MFA gets my soul. I assure you what I said did happen, and everything I said was completely truthful. Sincerely, Charleston SC

Interview Questions

• Have I been a loyal, punctual, policy abiding employee with exceptional yearly performance reviews?   1 Answer
    • Did my exceptional employment history with the company cause me to be punished for doing my job EXCEPTIONALLY well?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America.

Interview

Phone with regional HR very friendly person. Phone with Administrator from another building. A written test was provided which was slightly off the chain. Purportedly so that when interviewed they could focus on your weaknesses. Face to face with several in leadership who did round robin back and forth questions.

Interview Questions

• Having much experience there were no difficult questions for me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had one specific need to accept offer. Their salary is 10 to 15k below the3 going rate nationwide. They fell through on specific need which was a very normal need for accepting position. Wasted three months of my time. The Regional HR has a handful she is excellent and with what I see her hands will soon be tied in hiring key positions in leadership due to noted constraints.

Bookkeeper Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America.

Interview

Applied online and within two days received a call for a phone screening with the Business Manager. Phone screening lasted about 10 minutes with a request for an in person interview. The interview was a panel of three people all reading questions from scripts. The interview lasted about an hour long with questions pertaining to behavior, abilities, situations, etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America.

Interview

Every person I interacted with, from Human Resources to Upper Management was both professional and courteous. First I met with Human Resources, then had a follow up interview with the Director of Nursing. After being offered a position, you will have to pass a background check and drug testing. It is a very thorough interview process, but that is necessary in a healthcare setting such as this!

Interview Questions

• If you had to pick a weakness as a professional-what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is room for negotiation, however the salary was acceptable.

Licensed Practical Nurse Charge Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisa, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America (Louisa, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I had a Panel interview with peers then a
    Skills exam followed by a Tour.
    There was a Phone interview prior to panel interview.
    Very nice lady walked me through the process.
    Met staff and had job shadow opportunity to see how their emr worked. Two days later I receive job offer and scheduled for orientation.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate, good offer

Dining Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Facilities of America (Danville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Panel interview with HR director, regional manager and administrator. Round robin questioning with predetermined questions. these questions covered a wide variety of areas, including real work situations. Customer service and management style to include real experience related story of past situations.

Interview Questions

• Pertinent questions related to job and responsibilities.   1 Answer
    • Relating to training personel in your direct charge and how you deal with difficult situations.   1 Answer