Medical Protective Associate Underwriter Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 9, 2017

3.2

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in March 2017.

Interview

Fairly standard with the questions such as why this job, why leaving current, why not returning to a previous similar company, strengths, weaknesses, describe leadership style, etc... However, they did also ask questions of me about the company because they had sent me some background material to read. Although I was not offered the position, I did find out that they had only hired internally.

Interview Questions

• We work in a very team oriented environment. How would you handle a fellow team member who is not completing their work?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Medical Protective

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

After applying for the job, I received an email to set up an interview. During the interview I met with five separate managers, including the CEO and HR leader. Everyone was very friendly, and each meeting lasted about 20 minutes. A few of the meetings were 2:1 and a few were 1:1.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about Medical Protective, how my schooling and job experience related to the job, and if I intend on working there for a long time.   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective.

Interview

Contacted by email for interest in interviewing me, scheduled about two weeks out. Two group interviews (Ruth & Alicia, Amy & Robin). Awesome women. I am currently happily employed so I tried to get an accurate picture of whether I would enjoy MedPro and the ladies were wonderful. I was contacted again about a week later for a second interview a week out. I had four independent interviews with Leslie, Mark, Dan, and Kim. I felt that they all went very well and was very excited about the opportunity. Exactly two weeks later I received an email letting me know I did not get the position. I believe the only interview I was not prepared for was with Mark. I had a long list of questions that were all answered by other interviewers, however Mark expected me to direct the interview rather than asking me questions. I struggled with coming up with enough for a 30 minute session, although I believed I did alright. Really disappointed, as I thought it was a great fit and I thought I would get along well with everyone I met. Seems like a good company to build a career.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the insurance industry with a major background in sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, it took a few weeks before I heard anything. I was contacted to set up an interview and complete an application. The first interview was two pairs of two managers. The second interview was five individual interviews with managers increasingly higher up- All the way to the CEO. They asked fairly standard interview questions, nothing too difficult. Overall the process took a bit longer than a month.

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective in June 2013.

Interview

First interview was via phone; Second was with managers; Third was with upper management. The CEO was very laid back and easy to talk to. Tough questions, but overall positive experience.

Interview Questions

• They pinpointed individual grades I got in college from over 6 years ago.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

The interview process was long, it took three interviews including group and 1 on 1 interviews with management, senior management, and the CEO. The first interview was with a group of three managers, the final two interview were 1 on 1 interviews. In total, I met with 7 people before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions were asked, nothing difficult. The interviews were conducted more as a discussion. I discussed more about myself and my skills, less questions were asked than was expected of me to direct the interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted the offer as is, it was a good offer.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

Applied via email. Was told they were interested in coordinating an interview. Company sent me application and FCRA forms to complete and also needed college transcripts. Interview was scheduled a few days later. Typical behavioral interview with a group panel of various managerial staff members. Then was taken upstairs to interview for a fairly short interview with the VP of Underwriting. Company kept me waiting about 2 weeks before I got a call back for a second interview. Second interview was actually 3 separate interviews with VP of HR, CFO and CEO. Questions were more geared towards, "are you a good-fit". Received job offer about a week and a half later. Office is actually 3 buildings all connected. Two newer identical buildings with a very modern and subtle appearance. Third building was actually the original building and was more traditional; more like a home than an office. Buildings were very well kept, grounds were neatly maintained. People I met with were very easy to talk to and very nice. CEO and CFO were very easy to talk to despite my nervousness. It was clear that the employees there take pride in what they do and make certain they choose the right people for the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary wasn't really negotiable. Don't expect a huge salary offer but afterall, most people are hired right out of college into entry-level jobs in a small to medium Midwestern city with low cost-of-living.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in August 2010.

Interview

Hiring here can be a complete pain in the butt. I interviewed 8 different times for this position over a span of 3 months. Most of the time interviews are spaced weeks apart. You have to constantly remind HR that you are still interested, because you hear nothing in the interim.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was a take-it or leave-it attitude which is pretty much how they treat all of their decisions.