Medical Protective Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical Protective Interview Questions

3.1

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in April 2016.

Interview

A telephone call to schedule a telephone interview in 2 weeks. This was followed by an email to schedule an in-person interview with management at headquarters. Met with several top managers, directors, CFO and CEO. The process lasted almost 4 hours. Waited about 4 weeks for a decision. Everyone was courteous and professional.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience dealing with coverage issues?   Answer Question

Accounts Receivable Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2016.

Interview

It is somewhat lengthy, but I felt like they know what they want and it's important that they get the right fit for positions. The first interview I met with the hiring manager for the applied position and her team leader. They made sure that I understood the job description and gave me a lot of information about where they felt the company was going.

The second interview I met with the HR manager, CFO & CEO. I honestly felt great about the interview. Everyone was very personable and friendly. I left the interview feeling that whether or not I got an offer this company would be great to work for!

Interview Questions

• How did you hear about this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in November 2015.

Interview

After applying for the job, I received an email to set up an interview. During the interview I met with five separate managers, including the CEO and HR leader. Everyone was very friendly, and each meeting lasted about 20 minutes. A few of the meetings were 2:1 and a few were 1:1.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about Medical Protective, how my schooling and job experience related to the job, and if I intend on working there for a long time.   Answer Question

Associate Underwriter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective.

Interview

Contacted by email for interest in interviewing me, scheduled about two weeks out. Two group interviews (Ruth & Alicia, Amy & Robin). Awesome women. I am currently happily employed so I tried to get an accurate picture of whether I would enjoy MedPro and the ladies were wonderful. I was contacted again about a week later for a second interview a week out. I had four independent interviews with Leslie, Mark, Dan, and Kim. I felt that they all went very well and was very excited about the opportunity. Exactly two weeks later I received an email letting me know I did not get the position. I believe the only interview I was not prepared for was with Mark. I had a long list of questions that were all answered by other interviewers, however Mark expected me to direct the interview rather than asking me questions. I struggled with coming up with enough for a 30 minute session, although I believed I did alright. Really disappointed, as I thought it was a great fit and I thought I would get along well with everyone I met. Seems like a good company to build a career.

Interview Questions

• Why are you applying for the insurance industry with a major background in sales?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

2 interviews with multiple people, got an offer the day of the second interview. Process was easy. Did have to take a drug test to get looked at as a candidate.

Healthcare Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy, involving a great amount of time, effort, and personal expense, traveling from out of state to Fort Wayne, IN at my own expense...followed by a full day of in-person interviews in Fort Wayne, IN. Everyone was friendly, polite, and intelligent... Michelle a specialist in HR, was exceptional, as well as the CMO Graham, Joyce & Rachel in Risk, and Beth as a computer data wiz! The headquarters do look like a mental asylum, outdated and odd for such a wealthy company owned by Warren Buffett. It is true that the CEO wants to personally interview everyone.

Salary was not mentioned or discussed (but they certainly wanted my salary history and pointed it out that I left it blank on my application - I did this intentionally) until the in-person meeting with the HR Director....this should have been a red flag to me. I did read the Glassdoor reviews beforehand to prepare, they all state the salary is NOT competitive, so I was somewhat prepared. I finally initiated the salary range discussion, and was given a very low salary range. Had I known this, I probably would have declined the interviews. ++Note to self - if they don't discuss it initially, the hiring manager says "I don't know, talk to HR", and then HR dances around the question when you directly inquire... you should be concerned++.

The salary range I was finally given might be OK if you live in Ft. Wayne, but certainly not competitive if you live elsewhere, especially for a consulting position where you would be flying around and traveling up to 50-75% of the time. They did ask for my prior school transcripts, as a JD I found that strange/awkward; sent them a copy of my JD diploma instead. I have a Bachelors and Master's as well, but they didn't ask for those transcripts. HR should do away with asking for school transcripts when you have your Bachelors & Master's in Science and a Law Degree, it's easy for them to call and verify the many years I attended and my graduation dates.

After each round of interviews, I sent several sincere thank you notes (I did enjoy the people and had considered if I would be willing to take a significant pay-cut). I waited, then inquired as to the outcome... is it a yes, no, or maybe... and received a variety of reasons why a decision was not reached yet...decision makers on vacation, then the next one was on vacation, then a big symposium coming up, then planning for a big meeting with Doctors, etc... this continued for several weeks into over a month.

I had decided after a month of waiting after interviewing all the way up to the CEO, that this lack of follow up, and apparent inability to make a decision that I was experiencing in the interview process is reflective of the company as a whole, and it was disturbing. I decided to take on another project and go with another company, and was at the point of withdrawing my candidacy since it was the right thing to do since several months had passed and I was no longer available to work for them (honestly, it felt like I was being jerked around for lack of a better term, and given many "excuses" and that certainly leaves a bad impression). I ended up writing a final email for closure, it was professional and candid, still curious if they needed additional information, paperwork, references, etc... or had reached a decision. That afternoon (the quickest I had ever received a response), I received an email from a HR employee (not even from the HR Director, hiring managers or even a phone call from anyone) indicating an offer would not be made, no explanation. I should have written back and THANKED them, they made the decision for me - I was relieved. After my negative interview experiences, I cannot recommend this company to a colleague.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What is your greatest accomplishment, and your greatest disappointment? Your strengths and your weaknesses? What would your friends say about you? Give an example of a time you...(insert specific skill set, critical thinking situation)...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in June 2015.

Interview

I was referred by an employee, it took a few weeks before I heard anything. I was contacted to set up an interview and complete an application. The first interview was two pairs of two managers. The second interview was five individual interviews with managers increasingly higher up- All the way to the CEO. They asked fairly standard interview questions, nothing too difficult. Overall the process took a bit longer than a month.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2015.

Interview

This was a phone interview with 2 people from MedPro. The conference call was scheduled for a maximum of 30 min and I was cutoff when we hit that time.

This was very difficult as I do not feel that I was able to fully represent my skills or abilities in such a short period of time.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself as more of a big picture person or a detailed person?   Answer Question

Lead Client Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Protective (Fort Wayne, IN).

Interview

I was referred by an employee to send in my resume. They called me a week after I submitted it online to set up an interview for a Lead Client Service Representative Position. The first interview was conducted by two executives that were very excited about the company and the position. I felt very positive after leaving the first interview. The second interview was done by two other employees, one who had worked in this position previously and another that was currently in that position. They gave me a very realistic idea of what my day to day responsibilities would be. I was called to come in for a final interview with the C.E.O. and another executive. I decline because I realized after the second interview that the position was not what I had hoped it would be. It seemed like a very good atmosphere overall and all of the interviewers were excellent, I was just turned off by the position itself.

Interview Questions

• How would the people that work under you describe you?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medical Protective.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the Business Intelligence Leader and then completed an onsite interview with employees of my department. I also met and answered some questions for HR. Many of the questions were about classes I have taken, projects I worked on, skills I have, and things I am involved in.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of things do you want to work on?   1 Answer