Medical Scribe Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Medical Scribe Systems

Sort:

Medical Scribe Interview

Interview

It was probably the best interview I have ever been invited to. It was with the lead scribe of the hospital. Although he seemed young and close to my age, he was at all times very professional and on point. It seemed more of a conversation than an interview. Nonetheless, it was formal.

Interview Questions

• He asked a hypothetical question on whether a scribe should help handle the patient if a medical doctor asks for help. He informed me that most doctors are not aware that scribes do not have permission to handle patients and should instead find a nurse or another health professional to help.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems (Reno, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed in a conference room at the hospital by the lead scribe and a trainer scribe. They gave me a tour of the ER and then they proceeded to ask me questions about my resume. They also asked about any other time commitments I had and if i I would be able to commit to working at least one graveyard weekend shift a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us one thing you need to work on.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems (Orange, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

They really want to know if you're motivated and available. They want to know why you're applying, if you're qualified(in terms of experiences), and also if you are free enough and able to make the commitment.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me why you wanna be a scribe
      2. Tell me about your leadership experiences   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems (Tucson, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a week or two later, offering to schedule an interview. The interview was at a cafe near the hospital, and the lead scribe and a trainer/lead scribe were the interviewers. The interview itself was pretty standard; make sure you research the company and scribe duties. Was told the pay rate, the hours, and was asked if this was okay. Was also asked if squeamish - in an emergency room, one sees a huge variety of cases. Received an email two weeks later offering a position.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a hospital staff member asked you to assist with procedure preparation during an emergency?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems.

Interview

Long and drawn out. I has to deal with 5 different people for submitting the necessary paper work. Getting in touch is all via email. I'f you miss a call you're better off sending an email. Papers are electronically signed.

Interview Questions

• How well do you handle criticism?   1 Answer

Emergency Medicine Scribe Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yakima, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems (Yakima, WA) in July 2013.

Interview

Application sent over email and roughly 3 weeks passed before confirmation email was received.
    Phone interview was short and fairly casual. Notified a few days later of being selected for in-person interview. The in-person interview was relatively short and professional.

Interview Questions

• As a scribe what is the first thing you would do if a patient is in crisis and stops breathing in front of you?   Answer Question

ER SCRIBE Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems in May 2014.

Interview

It was very straight forward. She asked me to tell her about myself and what I knew about being a Scribe. I was asked a lot of situation questions, like if a physician asked you to help them with a patient what would you do? (Scribes aren't suppose to do touch a patient under any circumstances).

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied online, was called a few days later, and got into classroom training about four to six weeks after that.

They make you go and do a physical even if you have a PCP, and you have to do a UDS, and get tested for TB. Which equaled 4 doctor visits, averaging 3 hours apiece, even when I was literally the first person in the door when they opened the office. I think they just go with the cheapest contractor.

The training was relatively easy for me.

The interview process was very pleasant, the classroom training was also pleasant, but bedside trainings were annoying, as I received contradictory feedback from training staff. They didn't go over their email or the form with me, so I would receive verbal feedback of "good job, you're getting better! You did well today. Maybe work on organization." And then three pages by email about how terrible I was.

I should've seen the red flags with this company.

It's very young. I've been with them for more than a year, and I wish I could get that time back. Go somewhere else.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked any difficult questions during this process.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Short.

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical Scribe Systems (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

Applied online on their website. Was contacted for an online interview. The manager asked only ~5 questions basically about clinical experience and education background. Interview lasted only 15-20 minutes. It was very easy and straightforward.

I believe as long as you seem bright and are in college or have a bachelors in science, you will be easily hired. Turnover rates are high so they hire all the time.

ED Scribe Interview

Interview

First I had to fill out a paper application and then had a brief behavioral phone interview, with the typical "tell me about X on your resume" type questions.