Medical Services of America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medical Services of America Interview Questions

2.2

Area Director of Sales and Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medical Services of America (Richmond, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was originally contacted for a phone screen from their internal recruiter. Upon completion, I was scheduled for an interview at their office with a 3 person panel. The process seemed like they were going through the motions, but not interested in really being there. I felt like I was the one asking all the questions, because they did not have a lot of input. I was told to fill out an application before we even went into our meeting, which is usually only requested, when the managers have a good idea that they will be hiring you, as it requests your social security number and driver's license number. I followed up with the internal recruiter but never heard back from any of them. Very unprofessional.

Area Operations Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Services of America in October 2015.

Interview

Phone interview, very basic interview questions. Job was filled before any follow up. There were extenuating circumstances surrounding this interview and the time frame, I don't feel comfortable judging the company based on this one time experience.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to travel?   1 Answer

LMSW Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goose Creek, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medical Services of America (Goose Creek, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

Very informal. Not much detail. Lazy on their part. Unprofessional and unorganized. Never had a back ground check done or anything. Nobody appeared to know what they were doing and I felt like I was bothering them. They were in a rush to get me out of there.

Interview Questions

• Had I ever worked in Hospice Before   1 Answer

Location Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medical Services of America in July 2014.

Interview

Supervisor came to meet me locally, done in an informal and relaxed setting. Good questions and answers, agreed that it was a good fit and then was told I would have an offer sheet within a few days.

Offer made and accepted in less than a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Services of America.

Interview

Submitted my CV, had one phone interview with hiring manager, had one interview in the office. During the interview the hiring manager sat me in one big room with the location manager, understandably, but also right in front of the rest of the office staff, including everyone all the way down to the delivery driver.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in selling to physicians?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for more money before accepting the offer. I needed work and thought that this job had potential, It did not.

Palliative Care Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medical Services of America (Blacksburg, VA) in January 2014.

Interview

I actually did not apply for a position with this company. A friend asked me to have lunch with the Regional Director while she was in town to hear her ideas for Palliative Care within the company. She said she was interested in my input. She came to my work and met me for lunch. It became apparent after a few minutes that we were essentially interviewing (which was a very uncomfortable situation for me at my place of employment). She called a short time later to offer me a position. I turned her down the first and second time and after about 3 months I accepted a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• She asked if I would be willing to start a Palliative Program locally (in 3 offices) and then potentially branch out through the state in the coming year (to include 17 offices).   2 Answers

HOSPICE CASE MANAGER MSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Camden, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medical Services of America (Camden, SC) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I then received an email and was asked to come in for an interview. The Interview was standard for registered nurse. I then had a back ground check, insurance and driving record checked. Then a physical and drug test with ppd placed. I received an offer in about five days.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to be a hospice nurse?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical Services of America in February 2012.

Interview

Very relaxed, off site for both interviews. Just focused on plans to grow the business and what you could contribute to the business if hired. No robot canned questions of typical interview which was refreshing.

Interview Questions

• How would you specifically approach growing the local business?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a difficult negotiation. They had a range and considered experience to justify salary request.

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medical Services of America in May 2012.

Interview

interview and job description make it sound as if you will really be doing HR but once hired you will be told that you need to be the intake person for patient referrals. the only HR functions you'll have are new hire paperwork and filing. everything else is done by the corporate office. hope you have experience in home health!

Interview Questions

• the interview was not difficult or unusual. the person conducting the interview didn't have much recruiting experience so the interview was not lengthy or in-depth   Answer Question