Medical University of South Carolina Administrative Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process is always the same. Every department generally goes with behavioral-based questions. If you get through the round with the manager, you are then invited to interview with a peer team. The peer team will always use behavioral-based questions, as well. After you get through the peer team, they will make a decision on a candidate. From there the manager will make the final decision then the chosen candiate gets an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Can you explain a situation when you have made a mistake? What did you do about it?
    2. Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem with very little guidance or direction.
    3. Describe a time in which you had to adjust quickly to changes over which you had no control. What was the impact on you? On your work or project?
    4. Give me an example of a time when your job responsibilities changed and how you dealt with it.
    5. Tell me about a time when you had a difficult time gathering needed information in order to complete a task? How did you manage the process particularly as it relates to follow-up?
    6. Tell me about a time when your received negative feedback on your performance by a co-worker and how you handled this situation.
    7. What types of things in your work have caused stress or made you uncomfortable? What did you do when those situations happened?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medical University of South Carolina

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

The first time I applied I received a call to schedule an interview, which I promptly returned the call. After a week of not hearing anything back I called again only to find out that they had missed my initial message and had offered the job to someone else.

The second time I applied for this role, I had an interview with manager scheduled then asked to come back for an afternoon of interviews (1 with business manager, 1 with administrator, and one with 5 coworkers). This is the standard process for interviews in the organization.

Interview Questions

• There is a standard list of questions "Tell me of a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

The organization uses a standard equation for determining pay and there is little room for negotiation. I was only able to get 10 cents more per hour than originally offered. Salaries for most clinical staff are non-negotiable. I'm sure leadership has more wiggle room.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in February 2010.

Interview

For an Administrative Coordinator position, I had to go back and forth three times! The first time I met with a 5 person panel. The second time I met with the panel from the first day and another three person panel. Then the third time I had to return and meet with another three person panel and finally got to meet the person I'd be working for. Talk about overkill with the interviewing. You also had to round up letters of reference and then if you got past that point they still called your references! It was ridiculous. I wasn't applying for a CEO position. It seemed like a nice place to work and a good position but I started to feel like I had to be God to get it! All of the questions were behavioral questions. If you go on the MUSC website's HR section you'll find the questions asked. Just because they call your references doesn't mean anything. Come to find out they've also called a bunch of other people's references as well. I thought employers only called the references of the person selected for hire but MUSC changed that perception. Even my friend in Human Resources said you should only check the references of the candidate selected.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult situation in the past?   1 Answer
    • If you got the job what would you do to get familiarized with the position as quickly as possible?   1 Answer