Medical University of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.8

Postdoctoral Scholar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Meet the Project Investigator (PI) in person and get to know each other. PI asked questions about previous work and techniques known and how you can fit in the present project.
    Gave powerpoint presentation about previous work to the group.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous work?   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina.

Interview

Panel interview with members of the department that lasted about an hour. Team members asked a series of behavioral questions as well as specific questions pertaining to my resume. Afterwards an Excel skills test was administered.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate your Excel skills, on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question
    • How would you rate your communication skills, on a scale of 1-10?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe your ability to exhibit diplomacy? Are you comfortable with interacting with a diverse range of personnel?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina.

Interview

After getting asked for an interview and preparing for at least 6 hours, they called me back, less than 24 hours before the interview, and told me that they were no. longer interested because I did not have a master's degree. They would prefer to take someone with 5 to 7 years of experience with a master's degree over someone who has 19 years of applicable ave expert experience plus over 3 years of leadership coaching training and a coaching certification.

One, how did I get through their screening process? Two, how did the hiring manager accept my resume from HR if it didn't meet their standards? Do your homework just like I did before wasting an applicant's time and mental energy. This teaching hospital is struggling in the local community and they wonder why...

Medical Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Being such a large facility, I received a call back from applying 3 months prior. Manager called on a Monday afternoon, we scheduled an interview for Wednesday on the same week. Interview was about 2 hours long. Manager gave details about the position, changes that are occuring and exactly what the department is seeking. I was shown a tour of the laboratory. Then, I was had a peer interview with experienced personnel of the laboratory. Everyone was friendly!

Interview Questions

• Give an example when you had to adapt to change?   Answer Question
    • Explain a situation when you had to take accountability   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you were in situation where you were short staffed?   Answer Question

Research Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina.

Interview

I talked to the Doctor in charge of the lab and he spent some time describing the position, the pay, and living in Charleston. We also talked about future goals and career paths. I ended up not getting the job, but he responded in about a week to let me know he had chosen another candidate.

Patient Care Technician Interview

Application

Interview

A very thorough interview process. They are very pleasant and very efficient. This is why they are one of the best if not the best company to work for.

Collector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in May 2017.

Interview

Called for an interview. Went in for a panel inteview. Prior to the panel interview the supervisor will give you a few questions to vet you and see if you would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• They want specific events. Not generic answers.   1 Answer

RN Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina.

Interview

Peer and manager interview in person, HR background checks and drug screenings as well as an in depth physical assessment. Peer interview questions are fairly standard and can be found online.

Interview Questions

• How do you manage conflict amongst coworkers or disgruntled patients   Answer Question

Pct II Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview with manager first. Peer interview with 4 members on the unit. They were welcoming and so easy to talk to! Great place to work! Easy over all

Housekeeping Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

Well the hiring process was a lil complicated because they ask questions I know but in a different form but the interview went well and hopefully they give me a chance to work in there company because I am a real team player

Interview Questions

• How well do I work around other people.   1 Answer