Medical University of South Carolina Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 15, 2017

2.7

Pct II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Phone interview with manager first. Peer interview with 4 members on the unit. They were welcoming and so easy to talk to! Great place to work! Easy over all

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through 3 interviews. The 1st was directly with the hiring manager, not their HR staff. The 2nd one was a group phone interview with other peer positions within the health center (hospital). The 3rd was in-person with the head physician over a specific solution center and an administrator overseeing several solution centers.

Interview Questions

• What would be my marketing strategy for their specific solution center?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your sales experience during your medical device part of your career.   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC).

Interview

Interview with direct supervisor and then department chair. Typical interview questions revolving around skills, education, background and expectations. Basic information sharing about position details and job description. Helpful to ask questions about the mission of the department and the current science or studies the department is engaged in. Quick turn around from interviews to decisions to offers.

Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online at the end of August and received an email about the position a few days later. I was interested so I was invited for an interview a week later. Then a follow up interview with the team a week or so after the first one.

Interview Questions

• Was there a time in a past position where you had a problem or conflict and how did you resolve it.   Answer Question

Research Specialist I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina in August 2016.

Interview

Varies depending on Faculty member, I interviewed using a phone interview (preliminary) for one position and a Skype interview for a second. Interviews were scheduled using a brief phone call/email from the Faculty member of an administrative assistant just prior to interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past research experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was difficult to do as this was an entry-level position, and I received an offer from the first successful interview I completed.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina.

Interview

Skype/Phone interview initially then was asked to come in for an in person interview. Friendly staff, seemed open and honest about the role. Interested about my background and contributions to the project.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, have you worked with this patient population, when wold you be able to start?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiations were slow and not much movement in payband.

Program Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina in April 2016.

Interview

After applying, I received an email asking for an interview, and once I got there, I was taken to a conference room for my interview. First, I met with members of the research team, then I met with the doctors who were running the study.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

HR makes the salary offer, not the department itself. You can always negotiate, but I was happy with the offer I first received.

Research Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in March 2016.

Interview

I've interviewed at about 15 different labs and had about 5 offers. Interviewed with the PI and maybe someone else who works in the lab. I was asked several general biology and personal background questions. Every interview will be different because it will be with a different PI but they all have the same basic theme

Interview Questions

• 1) are you trying to use this position to get into grad school?
      2) why did you choose my lab to apply to?
      3) How long do you plan on staying in my lab?
      1 Answer

Certified Sterile Processing Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

You meet with a few of the peir review and if one of them dont want you to work there then you are not hired. They do a drug screaning and background check. It was almost 6 weeks waiting to start work. Had to have at least 3 work years of experience if you dont have a certification. They give you the books to study for your certification. They also pay for you certification exam.

Negotiation

I agreed with the seventeen dollars an hour. Didn't know I could disagree with any thing. Plus I thought the wages were fair.

Therapeutic Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medical University of South Carolina.

Interview

No real interview. The job is described to you and then a tour of the facility. A few questions maybe about teamwork, how well you work with others, and how interested are you in working in the field.