Meditech Applications Specialist Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Meditech Applications Specialist Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Applied in November. First had a quick phone interview (early Dec)- be prepared to answer 2 questions: what Meditech is and what they do. Then you'll get invited to an HR interview where they ask the basic questions and have you submit a writing sample. (December 15) I believe mine was to write about the importance of EHR. The woman who interviewed me (in Framingham) was very nice, and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. This took about an hour.

Then, if they call you back, you will need to prepare a presentation (10 min) on any healthcare topic of your choice, followed by an interview. Mine was not until January 17th. This job requires giving presentations on a regular basis, so they want to get a feel for your public speaking skills. The only question they asked was how long it took me to make the presentation. It really wasn't bad at all. I was quite nervous going into the interview and wish I hadn't been. Then came the interview portion. Nothing too hard. The whole experience was pretty casual. I wasn't asked once to 'tell me about yourself.' There were 3 of them interviewing me.

The interview was fine, however, I kind of got the feeling while in the interview that I wasn't going to get the job based on how quick it was, along with having no IT experience. I was kind of relieved when I got the rejection letter... They were kind, but seemed stressed. Their descriptions of their days on the job were very unenthused. They were all coming from and going to meetings so it was a bit rushed. It was an excessive interview process, and I've heard pretty mixed reviews about this company. So, oh well.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your references, what would they say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by MEDITECH on April 1st and bad my initial interview at the Framingham Campus about a week later. The woman from recruiting I met with was very sweet and the interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. After about 45 minutes of talking, she gave me a small skills test and also a short writing sample. She left the room and it took around 20 minutes. She came back, explained a little more about the position and then walked me out. I was contacted later that week for a second interview- a presentation on any healthcare related topic. This interview was in the Westwood campus and was pretty relaxed, there were two interviewers from the department I was interviewing for. They took turns asking me questions after my presentation. After, I did another small wiring sample about what I thought the job description of an application specialist is and why I am a good fit. This interview took around 2 hours total. I heard back about a week and a half later with the job offer. Overall slightly long but positive interview experience. I am a graduating senior from school so it was nice to get the offer before graduation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several times what the job description of the position I was applying for is.   Answer Question
    • Did you make this presentation yourself or was it found online?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salary is $42,000/ year paychecks monthly non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Still waiting to hear back from them with an offer. First correspondence was via telephone. Talked to a recruiter about position and what it entails. She then scheduled me for an interview. At the interview received a more detailed job description and went over the travel obligations of the job. They then had me complete a writing sample and critical thinking exam. About three days later received a phone call to schedule a third interview. At this interview they asked me to prepare a 10 to 15 min presentation on one of three topics.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

3 interviews, one was a 20 minute presentation. The final was with the director of the division. Must have specific healthcare related interests/education/prior work experience to be considered as an applicant.

Interview Questions

• How did your education and past work history prepare you for this type of job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meditech (Norwood, MA).

Interview

If you're a student they will do an on campus interview first. If you're applying to be a traveling specialist you will be required to a give a healthcare related presentation and answer some logic based questions and provide a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle the sights and smells of the emergency room?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had two interviews the first consisted of a one on one interview with a recruiting person. The recruiter asked your typical interview questions (what are your strengths and weaknesses etc.) The recruiter then went over my references, resume, and transcript. After that I was given an IQ test and had to complete a "writing sample" essay. I heard back from the recruiter within a week and I was asked if I would like to setup a second interview. The second interview consists of a power point presentation on a single topic from a list that they provide to you. The 10-15 minute power point is presented to 5-6 people which most likely will include your future supervisor. After the presentation they take a few minutes and ask any questions they may have about you, your education history, career goals, and why you believe you would be a good fit for the position. I was called within a week after my second interview with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing that you may not want your co-workers to know about you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

It starts with a Phone Interview with a recruiter. Then this is followed by another phone call/chat to set up a meeting with a recruiter. During this time with the recruiter, you are asked to provide college transcripts and asked to take an IQ test and write and essay. Once that happens another phone calls takes place to set up an interview. The interview that takes place is in front of a panel and you have to do a presentation of a topic of their choosing. Once again after this happens you take another IQ test and write an essay.

Interview Questions

• What type of TV shows do you watch?
      Why do you think you can become an Application Specialist?
      Do you have what it takes to become an Applications Specialist?
      What makes you special?
      If you have no IT background, do you feel you can bring your talents to Meditech?
      Do you like to give presentations?
      4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

First interview one on one with a recruiter. Very easy, general questions, make sure to ask for a second interview because they look for passion. Second interview, you are placed in a conference room with approximatly 7 people, from all different parts of the process. You are asked to develop a project beforehand, and present on it. The information matters, they are not just looking at your presentation skills! it is a 2 step interview process.

Interview Questions

• They really didnt ask too many tough questions, the hardest thing about it is the waiting period. getting through 2 interviews and a decision to hire or not took almost 2 months.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Phone interview and then one in person interview process

Anonymous Employee in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

Obtained a referral from a friend who worked at the company and submitted my application and resume through this friend. Initially I received an email after a few days saying they regretted to inform me that they wouldn't be hiring, but then they called me later that day saying the email was sent in error and they wanted me to come in. The rep from the recruiting department scheduled an interview three weeks in the future. The initial interview was fine, except they really harped on my college transcripts. I had been out of college for two years and already had another job at the time. It was four people at some managerial level. I was asked to prepare a ten minute presentation on any medical topic. It was mostly just to get a feel for my presentation skills and not about the content of the presentation so much. The interview lasted about 3 hours and at the end of it they had me fill out a few forms about background checks, reference verification, etc. I also had to write an essay about why I would be a good fit for the position, based on the detailed description of the position that they had given me during the interview. I got a call back a week later saying that the people I had interviewed with had decided to go in another direction but they wanted me to come back to interview with a different team. The second interview was two weeks later. It was with one regional manager and one person of unknown executive status who arrived late, stayed about ten minutes, then left to go to another meeting. This interview lasted about two hours. It was basically a repeat of the first interview. I did the same presentation and answered pretty much all the same questions. After this interview I felt pretty good, and I got a call the following week from recruiting offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• I had a withdrawal on my college transcript from a class that didn't matter to my degree during my senior year, and they asked me if this was an indication of an unwillingness to give effort to things that didn't strike me as particularly important. I understand the validity of the question but I just didn't expect them to give such close scrutiny to my college transcripts.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. They offered 40,800 and I could take it or leave it. I have a liberal arts degree so that's about what I can expect at this time.