Meditech Applications Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meditech Applications Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Applied in November. First had a quick phone interview (early Dec)- be prepared to answer 2 questions: what Meditech is and what they do. Then you'll get invited to an HR interview where they ask the basic questions and have you submit a writing sample. (December 15) I believe mine was to write about the importance of EHR. The woman who interviewed me (in Framingham) was very nice, and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. This took about an hour.

Then, if they call you back, you will need to prepare a presentation (10 min) on any healthcare topic of your choice, followed by an interview. Mine was not until January 17th. This job requires giving presentations on a regular basis, so they want to get a feel for your public speaking skills. The only question they asked was how long it took me to make the presentation. It really wasn't bad at all. I was quite nervous going into the interview and wish I hadn't been. Then came the interview portion. Nothing too hard. The whole experience was pretty casual. I wasn't asked once to 'tell me about yourself.' There were 3 of them interviewing me.

The interview was fine, however, I kind of got the feeling while in the interview that I wasn't going to get the job based on how quick it was, along with having no IT experience. I was kind of relieved when I got the rejection letter... They were kind, but seemed stressed. Their descriptions of their days on the job were very unenthused. They were all coming from and going to meetings so it was a bit rushed. It was an excessive interview process, and I've heard pretty mixed reviews about this company. So, oh well.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your references, what would they say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

The standard process includes a phone interview, an in-person presentation/interview and a 3rd interview with hiring manager and director. The process involved a month or two of waiting between phone interview and in-person, but was smooth and amenable thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had expressed my concerns/wishes in the managerial interview, however Meditech is not one to negotiate in almost any regard. There was no salary negotiation once the official offer was made and the offer was as is.

Anonymous Employee in Minnetonka, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meditech (Minnetonka, MN).

Interview

I first had a phone interview, then was asked to come in for a second interview. You are asked to bring a 10-15 minute presentation to give at your interview. You meet with a few supervisor and a director, basic questions are asked, there is a fairly easy test given depending on if you are interested in Dev or Programming positions.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a mistake you have made in your career and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by MEDITECH on April 1st and bad my initial interview at the Framingham Campus about a week later. The woman from recruiting I met with was very sweet and the interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. After about 45 minutes of talking, she gave me a small skills test and also a short writing sample. She left the room and it took around 20 minutes. She came back, explained a little more about the position and then walked me out. I was contacted later that week for a second interview- a presentation on any healthcare related topic. This interview was in the Westwood campus and was pretty relaxed, there were two interviewers from the department I was interviewing for. They took turns asking me questions after my presentation. After, I did another small wiring sample about what I thought the job description of an application specialist is and why I am a good fit. This interview took around 2 hours total. I heard back about a week and a half later with the job offer. Overall slightly long but positive interview experience. I am a graduating senior from school so it was nice to get the offer before graduation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several times what the job description of the position I was applying for is.   Answer Question
    • Did you make this presentation yourself or was it found online?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salary is $42,000/ year paychecks monthly non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Still waiting to hear back from them with an offer. First correspondence was via telephone. Talked to a recruiter about position and what it entails. She then scheduled me for an interview. At the interview received a more detailed job description and went over the travel obligations of the job. They then had me complete a writing sample and critical thinking exam. About three days later received a phone call to schedule a third interview. At this interview they asked me to prepare a 10 to 15 min presentation on one of three topics.

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

Started off with the basic HR interview, then moved to a testing phase where they tested analytical skills and troubleshooting then there was an interview with the director of that department. She was very friendly and easy to talk to. She asked more personality oriented questions and stress related questions.

Interview Questions

• During the HR phase, questions like why I would be a great fit for their company, etc… During the testing phase, there were more analytical questions, i.e.: "1,3,5,7,… What comes next" type question? They were probing the analytical skills an dhow you process information. Then the interview with the director was more personality and stress related questions. Such as "How would you handle a stressful situation with a client?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

3 interviews, one was a 20 minute presentation. The final was with the director of the division. Must have specific healthcare related interests/education/prior work experience to be considered as an applicant.

Interview Questions

• How did your education and past work history prepare you for this type of job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Norwood, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Meditech (Norwood, MA).

Interview

If you're a student they will do an on campus interview first. If you're applying to be a traveling specialist you will be required to a give a healthcare related presentation and answer some logic based questions and provide a writing sample.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to handle the sights and smells of the emergency room?   1 Answer

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

Intense, they really try to intimidate you. They want to see how you handle yourself in front of rude people. It really depends on who interviews you though, but I know some people that almost cried after their interview because they were really rude.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Applications Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

I applied through a job fair and had a referral as well. HR called me and we had a quick phone interface. I then went to the Framingham location for an interview with HR followed by an interview with three members of my group and then a final interview with my manager. I got the job in about a month. Questions were generally easy and the interview process was quick.

Interview Questions

• What makes you happy?
      How have you handled a difficult situation in the past?
      Answer Question