Meditech Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Meditech Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friend referred me for position, few days later got a call from recruiter. Was a quick phone interview then set up a time to come and meet in person. First interview was about an hour, basic interview questions then a few days later heard back that I would have a second interview. Second interview required you to present on a topic. I presented in front of 2 hiring managers. It was very low-stress, and after answered more interview-type questions

Interview Questions

• What is something you wouldn't want your coworkers to know? How do you handle time management? Describe the position you are applying for? What do you know about meditech?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by interview with a member of the recruiting staff. Recruiter asked basic questions about background and how you would handle certain scenarios. Second interview was with the team this position reports into. Was given a choice of three topic and had to come prepared with a 10 minute presentation on the topic of choice. They asked more detailed question about experience specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something you wouldn't miss if you left your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Meditech's interviewing process is terrible. I applied to a different position, but they called and left a message asking me to apply to this one instead. When I called back, the recruiter rudely said "how can I help you?" like I was asking for a handout. Eventually, we scheduled an interview for a week later, and I sent in another application online. When I got there, there were 4 bewildered, young people getting ushered in by recruiters. I was left waiting for 30 minutes. There was a short interview with one of their tech recruiters who knew very little about the job. He stumbled at my ordinary questions about workplace life and processes. I then took a test that took about an hour. Anyone with CS experience should have no problem with it. As instructed, I called them when I was done. Again, they kept me waiting 20 minutes. I called them and they said "they forgot me." After another 10 minutes, they came and walked me out of the building. They sent me a letter a week later saying they "found others more suited for the job." I wasn't even worth a phone call to them. Ideally, I would have enjoyed talking with somebody who knew more about the job and could give meaningful answers. However, I probably would have declined an offer. I received poor treatment from the start, the pay is abysmal, and using a proprietary language from the 80s (MAGIC) will not help you career.

Interview Questions

• Write a fibonacci solver using their MAGIC programming language.   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Applied in November. First had a quick phone interview (early Dec)- be prepared to answer 2 questions: what Meditech is and what they do. Then you'll get invited to an HR interview where they ask the basic questions and have you submit a writing sample. (December 15) I believe mine was to write about the importance of EHR. The woman who interviewed me (in Framingham) was very nice, and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. This took about an hour.

Then, if they call you back, you will need to prepare a presentation (10 min) on any healthcare topic of your choice, followed by an interview. Mine was not until January 17th. This job requires giving presentations on a regular basis, so they want to get a feel for your public speaking skills. The only question they asked was how long it took me to make the presentation. It really wasn't bad at all. I was quite nervous going into the interview and wish I hadn't been. Then came the interview portion. Nothing too hard. The whole experience was pretty casual. I wasn't asked once to 'tell me about yourself.' There were 3 of them interviewing me.

The interview was fine, however, I kind of got the feeling while in the interview that I wasn't going to get the job based on how quick it was, along with having no IT experience. I was kind of relieved when I got the rejection letter... They were kind, but seemed stressed. Their descriptions of their days on the job were very unenthused. They were all coming from and going to meetings so it was a bit rushed. It was an excessive interview process, and I've heard pretty mixed reviews about this company. So, oh well.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your references, what would they say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First had a interview with someone from HR that consisted of basic questions. I then took a programming test in Meditech's language. The language is quite dated, devoting oneself to this company may hinder any future software developer careers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick to get back to me after application was submitted. Went in for an interview that lasted about an hour and a half. Asked basic and behavioral interview questions. Described the company and their values. Chose not to accept offer due to have not been given an offer for over three months waiting time.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to work with someone difficult and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I received two interviews, the first of which involved a simple lesson and practical examination on the use of Meditech's proprietary programming language, and the second of which involved a brief test of logical problem solving skills. The second interview also included a summary of Meditech as a company and how the software developer role fits in.

After the second interview, I was provided with a "Position Description Form" which asked me to summarize what I had learned about the position from the interview and why I believed I would be a good match for the company. It's probably worth it to take a pad and pen to the interview just so you can keep a record of what they say.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I received a call to schedule an interview. I come in for my interview and was told to wait in the lobby, my interviewer showed up about 30 mins later with no apology on her tardiness. We do the interview and at the end there is a math and writing assessment , which they never told me about in advance. I finish the assessment and leave. I am told to hear back within 2 weeks. I hear back and they tell me someone has already been hired but I can be considered for another position. By that time I decline the offer to be considered.

Software Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Boston, MA).

Interview

I interviewed with an recruiter on campus during my senior year of college. It was a very easy going conversation. A few months passed by and each month I received the same letter telling me they were interested but wanted to wait until closer to graduation. In March, I was asked to come in for an on-site interview. This one lasted about two hours and was led by two managers of two different groups. They mostly went through my resume and transcripts line by line, while mixing in personal questions. In the end, I had a math challenge to complete. A week later I received a phone call telling me I had the job.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Began with a very breif phone conversation with a recruiter, she called, told me the salary (nonnegotiable), and a vague job description, asked if I would be interested to which I responded yes and we scheduled an interview for 2 weeks later. First interview consisted of about an hour long conversation with a recruiter, typical first interview, focus on experience and education. Following the conversation there was a written section also. I did not make it past the first in person interview.