Meditech Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Meditech Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by interview with a member of the recruiting staff. Recruiter asked basic questions about background and how you would handle certain scenarios. Second interview was with the team this position reports into. Was given a choice of three topic and had to come prepared with a 10 minute presentation on the topic of choice. They asked more detailed question about experience specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something you wouldn't miss if you left your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Meditech's interviewing process is terrible. I applied to a different position, but they called and left a message asking me to apply to this one instead. When I called back, the recruiter rudely said "how can I help you?" like I was asking for a handout. Eventually, we scheduled an interview for a week later, and I sent in another application online. When I got there, there were 4 bewildered, young people getting ushered in by recruiters. I was left waiting for 30 minutes. There was a short interview with one of their tech recruiters who knew very little about the job. He stumbled at my ordinary questions about workplace life and processes. I then took a test that took about an hour. Anyone with CS experience should have no problem with it. As instructed, I called them when I was done. Again, they kept me waiting 20 minutes. I called them and they said "they forgot me." After another 10 minutes, they came and walked me out of the building. They sent me a letter a week later saying they "found others more suited for the job." I wasn't even worth a phone call to them. Ideally, I would have enjoyed talking with somebody who knew more about the job and could give meaningful answers. However, I probably would have declined an offer. I received poor treatment from the start, the pay is abysmal, and using a proprietary language from the 80s (MAGIC) will not help you career.

Interview Questions

• Write a fibonacci solver using their MAGIC programming language.   Answer Question

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long process. Phone Interview, HR interview, location interview including 10 minute presentation with future group members. Fine people, didn't feel too stressed while I was presently being interviewed. They were not very enthusiastic about their job and seemed stressed, so I wasn't too upset when I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• If your coworkers were asked what you need to work on, what would they say?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First had a interview with someone from HR that consisted of basic questions. I then took a programming test in Meditech's language. The language is quite dated, devoting oneself to this company may hinder any future software developer careers.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I received two interviews, the first of which involved a simple lesson and practical examination on the use of Meditech's proprietary programming language, and the second of which involved a brief test of logical problem solving skills. The second interview also included a summary of Meditech as a company and how the software developer role fits in.

After the second interview, I was provided with a "Position Description Form" which asked me to summarize what I had learned about the position from the interview and why I believed I would be a good match for the company. It's probably worth it to take a pad and pen to the interview just so you can keep a record of what they say.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I received a call to schedule an interview. I come in for my interview and was told to wait in the lobby, my interviewer showed up about 30 mins later with no apology on her tardiness. We do the interview and at the end there is a math and writing assessment , which they never told me about in advance. I finish the assessment and leave. I am told to hear back within 2 weeks. I hear back and they tell me someone has already been hired but I can be considered for another position. By that time I decline the offer to be considered.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Began with a very breif phone conversation with a recruiter, she called, told me the salary (nonnegotiable), and a vague job description, asked if I would be interested to which I responded yes and we scheduled an interview for 2 weeks later. First interview consisted of about an hour long conversation with a recruiter, typical first interview, focus on experience and education. Following the conversation there was a written section also. I did not make it past the first in person interview.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Still waiting to hear back from them with an offer. First correspondence was via telephone. Talked to a recruiter about position and what it entails. She then scheduled me for an interview. At the interview received a more detailed job description and went over the travel obligations of the job. They then had me complete a writing sample and critical thinking exam. About three days later received a phone call to schedule a third interview. At this interview they asked me to prepare a 10 to 15 min presentation on one of three topics.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called by a recruiter a few days later. The call is somewhat of an impromptu interview. She asked what I knew about the company and if I was okay with relocating, travel, salary, etc. I was then asked to come to Framingham and interview. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on either mobile technology in healthcare, meaningful use, or the ARRA/HITECH ACT. The presentation is relaxed and I was only asked how long did it take me to work on the presentation. The interview itself was with two supervisors and went well. . At the end, I was asked to for a writing sample. Since the interview went well, they brought in an AVP to interview me as well. This interview was more relaxed and more about Meditech & Boston. My recruiter mentioned that upper management comes in only if they like you so I left the interview confident. Within a week, I was told that my background/education check was done and I should call back in a few weeks to see "when each team would receive start dates". A few weeks later, I was surprised when I got call a saying that the team I interviewed with decided to go with another candidate but a different team wanted to interview me. I discontinued with the process as I already had another offer from one of their competitors.

I am giving a negative experience for three reasons.
    1) The impromptu phone interview. Be prepared.
    2) I had to pay to fly out for the interview. Not a big deal but for a traveling position, you would think that they would pay. Apparently, it is company policy not to pay for interviews & relocation.
    3) The whole "start dates" thing. They should have been better with communication.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work on your presentation?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I found Meditech at a college career fair. Before this I had never heard of them but talked with the representative at the fair and after graduating I applied online. Within two weeks of applying someone called me and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. The woman I spoke with on the phone discussed the two positions I might be a good fit for. These were Software Developer and Programmer Analyst. The way they were quickly explained is that the Software Devs work on implementing new features, while the Analysts generally fix bugs and iron out the wrinkles. They mentioned the salary for the Developer was in the $50k-$60k and the Analyst was $40k-$50k. The woman also informed me when coming in there would be a programming quiz along with an in person interview a recruiter. The interview itself was extremely generic questions, I don't recall many offhand but nothing stuck out as being particularly noteworthy. Then came the programming quiz, which was mostly a tutorial about how to use their OOP language Magic-FS. The questions start out extremely simply and get more challenging as you go, in the end asking you to write two mini (maybe 10 lines of code) programs. While leaving, they said that if I didn't hear back in two weeks to call them.

I hadn't heard for two weeks, so I called and asked to speak with the recruiter who I met with. Apparently he no longer worked there. I thought that was strange, but I started talking with a new person and they mentioned that they had no update but to wait two more weeks before calling back. I again waited and when I called back again, this time they set up another interview at a closer location. I figured this would be another one-on-one and when I arrived I was surprised to see it as a panel interview. There were approx. 7-8 people interviewing me, mostly about career goals, and college classes. While I was caught off guard by the number of people asking questions, I thought it went really well. When leaving I got the same spiel as before about waiting two weeks. Again I waited, and called. This time they requested references. I took this as a good sign. The recruiter said that they are waiting to hear about hiring slots and should hear within a week. After a week I called again. They said this time that the slots still weren't finalized and that I should hear within two weeks. In this time, I was a interviewing for another position. It had been about a month since I last heard from anyone at Meditech and figured I would call before accepting the position at the other employer. They told me again, it would just be two weeks. With a great offer already, and knowing two weeks had never been two weeks before, I accepted the other offer. Four weeks after calling them, and two weeks into my new job, I received a voicemail from a recruiter. I didn't return their call. I interviewed at quite a few places to try to find the perfect fit for me but no other place showed such unprofessionalism. The time from when Meditech first called me (after applying) and until their last phone call was over four months.