Meditech Interview Questions in Framingham, MA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First had a interview with someone from HR that consisted of basic questions. I then took a programming test in Meditech's language. The language is quite dated, devoting oneself to this company may hinder any future software developer careers.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very quick to get back to me after application was submitted. Went in for an interview that lasted about an hour and a half. Asked basic and behavioral interview questions. Described the company and their values. Chose not to accept offer due to have not been given an offer for over three months waiting time.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to work with someone difficult and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I received a call to schedule an interview. I come in for my interview and was told to wait in the lobby, my interviewer showed up about 30 mins later with no apology on her tardiness. We do the interview and at the end there is a math and writing assessment , which they never told me about in advance. I finish the assessment and leave. I am told to hear back within 2 weeks. I hear back and they tell me someone has already been hired but I can be considered for another position. By that time I decline the offer to be considered.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Began with a very breif phone conversation with a recruiter, she called, told me the salary (nonnegotiable), and a vague job description, asked if I would be interested to which I responded yes and we scheduled an interview for 2 weeks later. First interview consisted of about an hour long conversation with a recruiter, typical first interview, focus on experience and education. Following the conversation there was a written section also. I did not make it past the first in person interview.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by MEDITECH on April 1st and bad my initial interview at the Framingham Campus about a week later. The woman from recruiting I met with was very sweet and the interview felt more like a conversation rather than an interview. After about 45 minutes of talking, she gave me a small skills test and also a short writing sample. She left the room and it took around 20 minutes. She came back, explained a little more about the position and then walked me out. I was contacted later that week for a second interview- a presentation on any healthcare related topic. This interview was in the Westwood campus and was pretty relaxed, there were two interviewers from the department I was interviewing for. They took turns asking me questions after my presentation. After, I did another small wiring sample about what I thought the job description of an application specialist is and why I am a good fit. This interview took around 2 hours total. I heard back about a week and a half later with the job offer. Overall slightly long but positive interview experience. I am a graduating senior from school so it was nice to get the offer before graduation.

Interview Questions

• I was asked several times what the job description of the position I was applying for is.   Answer Question
    • Did you make this presentation yourself or was it found online?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting salary is $42,000/ year paychecks monthly non-negotiable.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Still waiting to hear back from them with an offer. First correspondence was via telephone. Talked to a recruiter about position and what it entails. She then scheduled me for an interview. At the interview received a more detailed job description and went over the travel obligations of the job. They then had me complete a writing sample and critical thinking exam. About three days later received a phone call to schedule a third interview. At this interview they asked me to prepare a 10 to 15 min presentation on one of three topics.

Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied online and was called by a recruiter a few days later. The call is somewhat of an impromptu interview. She asked what I knew about the company and if I was okay with relocating, travel, salary, etc. I was then asked to come to Framingham and interview. I had to prepare a 10 minute presentation on either mobile technology in healthcare, meaningful use, or the ARRA/HITECH ACT. The presentation is relaxed and I was only asked how long did it take me to work on the presentation. The interview itself was with two supervisors and went well. . At the end, I was asked to for a writing sample. Since the interview went well, they brought in an AVP to interview me as well. This interview was more relaxed and more about Meditech & Boston. My recruiter mentioned that upper management comes in only if they like you so I left the interview confident. Within a week, I was told that my background/education check was done and I should call back in a few weeks to see "when each team would receive start dates". A few weeks later, I was surprised when I got call a saying that the team I interviewed with decided to go with another candidate but a different team wanted to interview me. I discontinued with the process as I already had another offer from one of their competitors.

I am giving a negative experience for three reasons.
    1) The impromptu phone interview. Be prepared.
    2) I had to pay to fly out for the interview. Not a big deal but for a traveling position, you would think that they would pay. Apparently, it is company policy not to pay for interviews & relocation.
    3) The whole "start dates" thing. They should have been better with communication.

Interview Questions

• How long did you work on your presentation?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

I found Meditech at a college career fair. Before this I had never heard of them but talked with the representative at the fair and after graduating I applied online. Within two weeks of applying someone called me and asked if I wanted to come in for an interview. The woman I spoke with on the phone discussed the two positions I might be a good fit for. These were Software Developer and Programmer Analyst. The way they were quickly explained is that the Software Devs work on implementing new features, while the Analysts generally fix bugs and iron out the wrinkles. They mentioned the salary for the Developer was in the $50k-$60k and the Analyst was $40k-$50k. The woman also informed me when coming in there would be a programming quiz along with an in person interview a recruiter. The interview itself was extremely generic questions, I don't recall many offhand but nothing stuck out as being particularly noteworthy. Then came the programming quiz, which was mostly a tutorial about how to use their OOP language Magic-FS. The questions start out extremely simply and get more challenging as you go, in the end asking you to write two mini (maybe 10 lines of code) programs. While leaving, they said that if I didn't hear back in two weeks to call them.

I hadn't heard for two weeks, so I called and asked to speak with the recruiter who I met with. Apparently he no longer worked there. I thought that was strange, but I started talking with a new person and they mentioned that they had no update but to wait two more weeks before calling back. I again waited and when I called back again, this time they set up another interview at a closer location. I figured this would be another one-on-one and when I arrived I was surprised to see it as a panel interview. There were approx. 7-8 people interviewing me, mostly about career goals, and college classes. While I was caught off guard by the number of people asking questions, I thought it went really well. When leaving I got the same spiel as before about waiting two weeks. Again I waited, and called. This time they requested references. I took this as a good sign. The recruiter said that they are waiting to hear about hiring slots and should hear within a week. After a week I called again. They said this time that the slots still weren't finalized and that I should hear within two weeks. In this time, I was a interviewing for another position. It had been about a month since I last heard from anyone at Meditech and figured I would call before accepting the position at the other employer. They told me again, it would just be two weeks. With a great offer already, and knowing two weeks had never been two weeks before, I accepted the other offer. Four weeks after calling them, and two weeks into my new job, I received a voicemail from a recruiter. I didn't return their call. I interviewed at quite a few places to try to find the perfect fit for me but no other place showed such unprofessionalism. The time from when Meditech first called me (after applying) and until their last phone call was over four months.

Clinical Client Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

In all, the interview process took about 5 weeks for two interviews. I had a training position before in a different industry so I was overqualified for the position. I read the reviews on here so I knew what to expect going in. Just tell them what they want to hear and answer questions with compound answers so that way you also respond to upcoming questions which will cut down the length of time you'll be in there. If you give them any reason to ask more questions then they'll just keep going and won't stop. I pretty much took control of the first interview since it was pretty basic and I knew how to answer the questions.

On my second interview, since I didn't study sciences or healthcare in college, I did a presentation for a manager in that department which related to my earlier job experiences in healthcare. Later that week they offered me the position but at an $8K reduction from my previous position, which was their top offer and it was non-negotiable.

I took a similar position with AthenaHealth which paid considerably more by the time they offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What comes once in a minute, twice in a moment, and never in a thousand years?   1 Answer

I took a similar position with one of their competitors in Massachusetts which paid considerably more.

Anonymous Employee in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

3 interviews, one was a 20 minute presentation. The final was with the director of the division. Must have specific healthcare related interests/education/prior work experience to be considered as an applicant.

Interview Questions

• How did your education and past work history prepare you for this type of job?   Answer Question