Meditech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.1

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Applied in November. First had a quick phone interview (early Dec)- be prepared to answer 2 questions: what Meditech is and what they do. Then you'll get invited to an HR interview where they ask the basic questions and have you submit a writing sample. (December 15) I believe mine was to write about the importance of EHR. The woman who interviewed me (in Framingham) was very nice, and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. This took about an hour.

Then, if they call you back, you will need to prepare a presentation (10 min) on any healthcare topic of your choice, followed by an interview. Mine was not until January 17th. This job requires giving presentations on a regular basis, so they want to get a feel for your public speaking skills. The only question they asked was how long it took me to make the presentation. It really wasn't bad at all. I was quite nervous going into the interview and wish I hadn't been. Then came the interview portion. Nothing too hard. The whole experience was pretty casual. I wasn't asked once to 'tell me about yourself.' There were 3 of them interviewing me.

The interview was fine, however, I kind of got the feeling while in the interview that I wasn't going to get the job based on how quick it was, along with having no IT experience. I was kind of relieved when I got the rejection letter... They were kind, but seemed stressed. Their descriptions of their days on the job were very unenthused. They were all coming from and going to meetings so it was a bit rushed. It was an excessive interview process, and I've heard pretty mixed reviews about this company. So, oh well.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your references, what would they say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First had a interview with someone from HR that consisted of basic questions. I then took a programming test in Meditech's language. The language is quite dated, devoting oneself to this company may hinder any future software developer careers.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by email to follow up with a simple phone conversation that went over the basics of the company. I was then asked to come in to interview in the Atlanta office.

The interview lasted 3 hours. The first hour was simple HR questions going over your resume and application. The last 2 hours are reserved for a test over their proprietary programming language MagicFS. You won't be able to find much information online about this language since it was invented by the founder of this company and is used exclusively in-house. The test is 25 questions long. The first 23 are just basic questions to get you familiar with the strange way in which the language handles data manipulation, loops,conditional statements,etc. The last 2 are designed to pull all that information together to solve actual problems. It first asks you to implement the Fibonacci sequence and the next problem asks you to search through a given list and search parameter and find the matching index in the list that matches that search parameter.

Overall I was unimpressed with the ancient and unintuitive language and the fact that your skills and knowledge you spent 4 years in college developing are essentially meaningless once you join the company and anything you learn while at Meditech will have very little crossover with any job you take in the future.

The company did seem pretty young and had a very relaxed atmosphere that I liked.

No 401k but you do get a share of the profits of the company that increases with your seniority.

Interview Questions

• Implement the Fibonacci sequence in MagicFS   Answer Question
    • Given a list and a search parameter find the matching index in the given list to the search parameter   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

I applied online through their website, got a phone interview after 2 weeks, they only asked a few general questions, nothing technical. saying they will contact me in 2 weeks, then I got an email after 1 week, saying they have other better candidates.

Clinical Client Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foxborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Foxborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then 1 on 1 interview with recruiting specialist. This interview was approximately 2 hours long. We talked for 1.5 hours (the usual interview questions), then I was asked to do a sit down written test, which included 20-questions (multiple choice, for example unscramble the following letters: tpkeraare and is it a fruit, vegetable, city, or bird?), as well as 2 questions for a writing sample. The 2nd interview was with 4 managers (1.5 hours long, which included giving a 10-15 minute presentation) as well as giving another writing sample. I wasn't as prepared for the presentation as I wish I was- I would recommend to another interviewee to know the subject/feel comfortable talking about it before the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could do anything, what would your ideal job be?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I received two interviews, the first of which involved a simple lesson and practical examination on the use of Meditech's proprietary programming language, and the second of which involved a brief test of logical problem solving skills. The second interview also included a summary of Meditech as a company and how the software developer role fits in.

After the second interview, I was provided with a "Position Description Form" which asked me to summarize what I had learned about the position from the interview and why I believed I would be a good match for the company. It's probably worth it to take a pad and pen to the interview just so you can keep a record of what they say.

Applications Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I received a call to schedule an interview. I come in for my interview and was told to wait in the lobby, my interviewer showed up about 30 mins later with no apology on her tardiness. We do the interview and at the end there is a math and writing assessment , which they never told me about in advance. I finish the assessment and leave. I am told to hear back within 2 weeks. I hear back and they tell me someone has already been hired but I can be considered for another position. By that time I decline the offer to be considered.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an interview with a few members of the department. Had to give a 5-10 minute presentation during this interview. Then a basic phone interview with someone else in the department.

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Began with a very breif phone conversation with a recruiter, she called, told me the salary (nonnegotiable), and a vague job description, asked if I would be interested to which I responded yes and we scheduled an interview for 2 weeks later. First interview consisted of about an hour long conversation with a recruiter, typical first interview, focus on experience and education. Following the conversation there was a written section also. I did not make it past the first in person interview.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

Still waiting to hear back from them with an offer. First correspondence was via telephone. Talked to a recruiter about position and what it entails. She then scheduled me for an interview. At the interview received a more detailed job description and went over the travel obligations of the job. They then had me complete a writing sample and critical thinking exam. About three days later received a phone call to schedule a third interview. At this interview they asked me to prepare a 10 to 15 min presentation on one of three topics.