Meditech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meditech Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

Very long interview process, with phone interview, recruiter interview, and presentation to my future team. They definitely are trying to weed out people who won't be committed before they put a lot of time and effort into training you. None of the interviews were particularly difficult, as questions were pretty standard and they flowed like a conversation. The hardest part was trying to read the interviewers' opinion of you since they all acted pretty stoic, but they were all very polite nonetheless.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle rude people who interrupt or don't listen during a presentation?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

Interesting interview process with a written logic quiz first. First was a phone screening, then I had to prepare a n educational presentation for the team who I would be working with. The entire process from first phone call to offer took a few months. I submitted my resume via a then current employee.

Interview Questions

• It takes 4 people 8 hours to dig a hole. How long would it take them to dig half a hole?   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech in February 2017.

Interview

Consisted of two in-person interviews. The first was a basic rundown of my resume followed by an online programming exam. The second was to meet with the team that I'd be working with, answering questions about my background and also solving a few logic puzzles. I was asked to email a paragraph describing the position and why I'd be a good match for the company following the interview. An offer was made two days later over the phone.

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Friend referred me for position, few days later got a call from recruiter. Was a quick phone interview then set up a time to come and meet in person. First interview was about an hour, basic interview questions then a few days later heard back that I would have a second interview. Second interview required you to present on a topic. I presented in front of 2 hiring managers. It was very low-stress, and after answered more interview-type questions

Interview Questions

• What is something you wouldn't want your coworkers to know? How do you handle time management? Describe the position you are applying for? What do you know about meditech?   Answer Question

Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen followed by interview with a member of the recruiting staff. Recruiter asked basic questions about background and how you would handle certain scenarios. Second interview was with the team this position reports into. Was given a choice of three topic and had to come prepared with a 10 minute presentation on the topic of choice. They asked more detailed question about experience specific to the job.

Interview Questions

• What is something you wouldn't miss if you left your current job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Meditech's interviewing process is terrible. I applied to a different position, but they called and left a message asking me to apply to this one instead. When I called back, the recruiter rudely said "how can I help you?" like I was asking for a handout. Eventually, we scheduled an interview for a week later, and I sent in another application online. When I got there, there were 4 bewildered, young people getting ushered in by recruiters. I was left waiting for 30 minutes. There was a short interview with one of their tech recruiters who knew very little about the job. He stumbled at my ordinary questions about workplace life and processes. I then took a test that took about an hour. Anyone with CS experience should have no problem with it. As instructed, I called them when I was done. Again, they kept me waiting 20 minutes. I called them and they said "they forgot me." After another 10 minutes, they came and walked me out of the building. They sent me a letter a week later saying they "found others more suited for the job." I wasn't even worth a phone call to them. Ideally, I would have enjoyed talking with somebody who knew more about the job and could give meaningful answers. However, I probably would have declined an offer. I received poor treatment from the start, the pay is abysmal, and using a proprietary language from the 80s (MAGIC) will not help you career.

Interview Questions

• Write a fibonacci solver using their MAGIC programming language.   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Long interview process. Applied in November. First had a quick phone interview (early Dec)- be prepared to answer 2 questions: what Meditech is and what they do. Then you'll get invited to an HR interview where they ask the basic questions and have you submit a writing sample. (December 15) I believe mine was to write about the importance of EHR. The woman who interviewed me (in Framingham) was very nice, and it really felt more like a conversation than an interview. This took about an hour.

Then, if they call you back, you will need to prepare a presentation (10 min) on any healthcare topic of your choice, followed by an interview. Mine was not until January 17th. This job requires giving presentations on a regular basis, so they want to get a feel for your public speaking skills. The only question they asked was how long it took me to make the presentation. It really wasn't bad at all. I was quite nervous going into the interview and wish I hadn't been. Then came the interview portion. Nothing too hard. The whole experience was pretty casual. I wasn't asked once to 'tell me about yourself.' There were 3 of them interviewing me.

The interview was fine, however, I kind of got the feeling while in the interview that I wasn't going to get the job based on how quick it was, along with having no IT experience. I was kind of relieved when I got the rejection letter... They were kind, but seemed stressed. Their descriptions of their days on the job were very unenthused. They were all coming from and going to meetings so it was a bit rushed. It was an excessive interview process, and I've heard pretty mixed reviews about this company. So, oh well.

Interview Questions

• If we contacted your references, what would they say you need to work on?   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First had a interview with someone from HR that consisted of basic questions. I then took a programming test in Meditech's language. The language is quite dated, devoting oneself to this company may hinder any future software developer careers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

The standard process includes a phone interview, an in-person presentation/interview and a 3rd interview with hiring manager and director. The process involved a month or two of waiting between phone interview and in-person, but was smooth and amenable thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I had expressed my concerns/wishes in the managerial interview, however Meditech is not one to negotiate in almost any regard. There was no salary negotiation once the official offer was made and the offer was as is.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by email to follow up with a simple phone conversation that went over the basics of the company. I was then asked to come in to interview in the Atlanta office.

The interview lasted 3 hours. The first hour was simple HR questions going over your resume and application. The last 2 hours are reserved for a test over their proprietary programming language MagicFS. You won't be able to find much information online about this language since it was invented by the founder of this company and is used exclusively in-house. The test is 25 questions long. The first 23 are just basic questions to get you familiar with the strange way in which the language handles data manipulation, loops,conditional statements,etc. The last 2 are designed to pull all that information together to solve actual problems. It first asks you to implement the Fibonacci sequence and the next problem asks you to search through a given list and search parameter and find the matching index in the list that matches that search parameter.

Overall I was unimpressed with the ancient and unintuitive language and the fact that your skills and knowledge you spent 4 years in college developing are essentially meaningless once you join the company and anything you learn while at Meditech will have very little crossover with any job you take in the future.

The company did seem pretty young and had a very relaxed atmosphere that I liked.

No 401k but you do get a share of the profits of the company that increases with your seniority.

Interview Questions

• Implement the Fibonacci sequence in MagicFS   Answer Question
    • Given a list and a search parameter find the matching index in the given list to the search parameter   Answer Question