Meditech Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meditech Interview Questions

Updated Jun 25, 2017

3.1

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

The hiring process was a very long process for me. It took around 8 months from first phone call to offer. The first interview was a programming test to evaluate your skill level. During the second interview, I met with 4 people from two different groups and they all asked me questions ranging from why I wanted to be a programmer to my transcripts. It rounded out with a short quiz with some problem solving so they could see how I do when presented with problems. There was a while before I went in for a third interview, this time with a different group of 4. They seemed to be very happy about having me there again, and it wasn't nearly as grueling as the first time. A month later, they called me with an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, as the offer was very generous considering my level of skill.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

Initial interview was with the recruiting depeartment. They were very good despite asking the basic questions. They didn't give anything away but were friendly. They did have ask about a C I got in a class in college despite the fact that I had graduated and been working for two years. This didn't make a ton of sense but oh well. Second interview was with a supervisor and manager in the group I was interviewing for and I had to prepare a presentation on some healthcare topic. This wasn't so bad if you enjoy presenting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate which was bothersome

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

The interview process takes awhile. You first meeting with a hiring specialist and take an IQ exam.

Weeks or months later you meet with possible team you will work for. Panel Review and then a written review of the job you will be doing. Some may need to present a demonstration.

If you proceed you meet with Managers of group.

Negotiation

No negotiation

Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview. There were three people interviewing me at the interview. I had to give a presentation that combined IT and Healthcare but I could pick the topic.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Originally applied for a client training specialist position, sending my resume through a university job bulletin. An HR woman called me about a week later. Given my technical background, she advised me to consider the Software Developer (SD) position. We spoke about three positions: SD, Programmer Analyst, and Client Training Specialist, and she informed me that the entry-level salaries ranged between 40-60K, with the SD position on the higher end of that scale. I called her a couple days later to set up an interview with her for the SD position. Being from out of state, I drove over 150 miles for the position. When I found out they do not pay for relocation, I knew I would not be reimbursed for travel.
    The woman I ended up interviewing with was not the one I spoke with on the phone. The interviewer asked many of the generic job interview questions. However, her focus was on my employment history from back in high school. She did not ask me about any of the technical research I conducted, which was at the top of my resume, and is much more relevant to the job. We had very little or no discussion about my technical skills. She told me the starting salaries ranged in the 30s to mid 40s. I was taken aback, because this was inconsistent with what I was told over the phone. Quite frankly, considering my background/experience, this was a slap in the face. Having done my research, I know that all of the salary data point at a median salary of 55-60K for an entry-level SD position in the Framingham area. Judging from my experience and the other reviews, Meditech is way below industry standards.
    Anyways, the interview was about an hour long, after which I took a programming test. The exam teaches you one of their proprietary languages, and you answer questions about each concept along the way. The last questions require you to bring together all/some of the concepts you learned. It was a rather fun exam, and I only had difficulty with one of the problems. I felt that this would only add as a positive to my application. At the end of the interview, I was told that after two weeks, I could call to inquire about my candidacy.
    A week and a half later, I received a generic rejection letter from Meditech. I called my interviewer, asking her why I was no longer being considered. She said that she could not tell me my exam score. I asked her how I did generally on the exam, and she said she could not say. I then asked her about other aspects of my application and again, she gave me no information, leaving me bewildered.
    It does not make any sense that she could not tell me anything about how I did on the exam or any other facet of my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the one character trait you possess that is most detrimental to the people around you?
      ...or something to that effect
      Answer Question

Interview

You'll get two interviews. First is with "HR", or the Meditech Recruiting department. You'll take an IQ Quiz and answer some very "HR" type questions (strengths and weaknesses, yada yada). Second interview is with the people who will decide if you actually get the job. Involves a 5 minute presentation on a topic given to you at first interview. Bring slides in case your powerpoint doesn't open.

Interview Questions

• The second interview could ask you tougher questions about your experience with customer service.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There's no negotiation. You'll receive the offer and you will be told it's non-negotiable.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meditech in December 2013.

Interview

I was asked to troubleshoot issues with a drawing of a handicapped ramp approaching a door and ensure that the ramp conformed with the requirements of the ADA, which were provided on a separate sheet. I was told it was to test the way I analyzed problems and conformance to design requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech in June 2012.

Interview

I received a phone interview after applying online. Was kind of surprised because my qualifications were not the greatest. Was one of those hopeful applications. the recruiter talked with me about the position and how much it paid 40-50k to start. I was pleased with that as I was a broke still in school college kid. He went over the company their policies why i wanted to work there and so on. He then scheduled an in person interview a week later. This was at their frammingham office.

The frammingham office looks great, very impressive building. I walked in and was greated by 2 older ladies and was told to sign and wait for my recruiter. He showed up eventually, on time I was pretty early. The interview was in a panel format and went into great detail of my resume and why meditech and so on. what they expected of me and the salary again. People who get hired here and complain about the salary is puzzling. They make a pretty good point to consistently remind of you what they pay. I liked the offer again. I was then taken on a tour of the place to get a feel of meditech and then lead to take a test to test my skills.

The test is pretty straight forward programmer test, you need to know the basics of how programming works. Loops, sorts and sequences. Pretty standard stuff any first year CS student should know. I blazed through it took about 30 minutes they said could take up to 3 hours. After the test, i was told I would hear in 1-2 weeks about the test.

Two days later I was called back and was told to meet with my group supervisor, I went there and it was fairly straightforward. I guess i scored very high or near perfect as the job was already mine. I left with a good vibe and feeling like i cheated the system lol.

2 days later I was offered the job and at a much higher rate of pay then expected. I gladly accepted, as I was a sophomore in college with minimal intern experience. Amazed at the pay I got.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

offer was 47k really couldn't complain. I feel like I could have negotiated for the max offering, because they seemed very eager to sign me on. But, I was a broke college kid and had very minimal qualifications. so gladly took it.

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in November 2012.

Interview

After applying at a college job fair, they gave a skype interview. They liked me and had me drive to Atlanta at my own expense, saying they would interview me and give me a few tests. Once I got there, they had me take tests that would have been easily taken online, and *didn't* interview me like they said they were. They conducted all the interviews on skype later. It was absurd, disorganized, and disrespectful to me as an applicant.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a programming test in their proprietary language after giving me a tutorial. I knew what I wanted to do, because I know how to write real programs, but didn't know how or even if their language did it.   Answer Question

MEDITECH uses a proprietary language, which is a huge hindrance for your career and should be a huge red flag. I asked them when I was there why they use a proprietary language, and their answer was essentially "There were advantages, but they are becoming less clear as the field develops." Stay away. By the end of the process, being unemployed was preferable to working at MEDITECH. And probably better for my career.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR, only asked questions about my status (I'm an international student on F1 visa). Then she said they will contact me in a week or so. So they did, with email even without subject line, simply saying something like we cannot offer you an interview this time, blah, blah, blah...

So I was declined, the HR person didn't ask any questions regarding my background and skills that related to job description. It just gives me a feeling that they don't really hire F1 visa graduates.

Of course I emailed back to ask if they could provide some feedback, as you can imagine, no reply so far.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's your visa status?
      2. Do you need sponsorship in future to work for Meditech?
      3. We'll contact you in a week or so.
      1 Answer