Meditech Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Meditech Software Developer Interview Questions

Updated May 11, 2017

2.9

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech in February 2017.

Interview

Consisted of two in-person interviews. The first was a basic rundown of my resume followed by an online programming exam. The second was to meet with the team that I'd be working with, answering questions about my background and also solving a few logic puzzles. I was asked to email a paragraph describing the position and why I'd be a good match for the company following the interview. An offer was made two days later over the phone.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Meditech

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I was contacted by email to follow up with a simple phone conversation that went over the basics of the company. I was then asked to come in to interview in the Atlanta office.

The interview lasted 3 hours. The first hour was simple HR questions going over your resume and application. The last 2 hours are reserved for a test over their proprietary programming language MagicFS. You won't be able to find much information online about this language since it was invented by the founder of this company and is used exclusively in-house. The test is 25 questions long. The first 23 are just basic questions to get you familiar with the strange way in which the language handles data manipulation, loops,conditional statements,etc. The last 2 are designed to pull all that information together to solve actual problems. It first asks you to implement the Fibonacci sequence and the next problem asks you to search through a given list and search parameter and find the matching index in the list that matches that search parameter.

Overall I was unimpressed with the ancient and unintuitive language and the fact that your skills and knowledge you spent 4 years in college developing are essentially meaningless once you join the company and anything you learn while at Meditech will have very little crossover with any job you take in the future.

The company did seem pretty young and had a very relaxed atmosphere that I liked.

No 401k but you do get a share of the profits of the company that increases with your seniority.

Interview Questions

• Implement the Fibonacci sequence in MagicFS   Answer Question
    • Given a list and a search parameter find the matching index in the given list to the search parameter   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Westwood, MA) in July 2016.

Interview

I received two interviews, the first of which involved a simple lesson and practical examination on the use of Meditech's proprietary programming language, and the second of which involved a brief test of logical problem solving skills. The second interview also included a summary of Meditech as a company and how the software developer role fits in.

After the second interview, I was provided with a "Position Description Form" which asked me to summarize what I had learned about the position from the interview and why I believed I would be a good match for the company. It's probably worth it to take a pad and pen to the interview just so you can keep a record of what they say.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

quick 30min social interview followed by 2-3hr test in the companies personal programming language magic FS. Test was just a basic rundown of the language. It is extremely old and predates C++ so might not be the job for people wanting to gain experience for future endeavors. The place was nice, the person conducting the interview was nice, however i was not a fan of the language, and the fact the programming language experience died at the company

Interview Questions

• general questions about resume and personal questions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech.

Interview

First Interview is a meeting with HR for a few hours asking the tough personal questions, followed by a programming test with their in-house language. Second interview was with a 'panel' of interviewers all at once, a lot of pressure.

Interview Questions

• Q: What kind of person do you have a hard time working with?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meditech in July 2015.

Interview

Got a phone call from HR, only asked questions about my status (I'm an international student on F1 visa). Then she said they will contact me in a week or so. So they did, with email even without subject line, simply saying something like we cannot offer you an interview this time, blah, blah, blah...

So I was declined, the HR person didn't ask any questions regarding my background and skills that related to job description. It just gives me a feeling that they don't really hire F1 visa graduates.

Of course I emailed back to ask if they could provide some feedback, as you can imagine, no reply so far.

Interview Questions

• 1. What's your visa status?
      2. Do you need sponsorship in future to work for Meditech?
      3. We'll contact you in a week or so.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty relaxed. There was no pressure and not many technical questions were asked. The test they have you take is a bit of a bait and switch. They have you doing really easy things in the beginning and then last two questions hit you like a brick wall. Overall, it isn't bad. I never got to do a second interview with them so I can't comment any further than that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Framingham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Meditech (Framingham, MA).

Interview

Originally applied for a client training specialist position, sending my resume through a university job bulletin. An HR woman called me about a week later. Given my technical background, she advised me to consider the Software Developer (SD) position. We spoke about three positions: SD, Programmer Analyst, and Client Training Specialist, and she informed me that the entry-level salaries ranged between 40-60K, with the SD position on the higher end of that scale. I called her a couple days later to set up an interview with her for the SD position. Being from out of state, I drove over 150 miles for the position. When I found out they do not pay for relocation, I knew I would not be reimbursed for travel.
    The woman I ended up interviewing with was not the one I spoke with on the phone. The interviewer asked many of the generic job interview questions. However, her focus was on my employment history from back in high school. She did not ask me about any of the technical research I conducted, which was at the top of my resume, and is much more relevant to the job. We had very little or no discussion about my technical skills. She told me the starting salaries ranged in the 30s to mid 40s. I was taken aback, because this was inconsistent with what I was told over the phone. Quite frankly, considering my background/experience, this was a slap in the face. Having done my research, I know that all of the salary data point at a median salary of 55-60K for an entry-level SD position in the Framingham area. Judging from my experience and the other reviews, Meditech is way below industry standards.
    Anyways, the interview was about an hour long, after which I took a programming test. The exam teaches you one of their proprietary languages, and you answer questions about each concept along the way. The last questions require you to bring together all/some of the concepts you learned. It was a rather fun exam, and I only had difficulty with one of the problems. I felt that this would only add as a positive to my application. At the end of the interview, I was told that after two weeks, I could call to inquire about my candidacy.
    A week and a half later, I received a generic rejection letter from Meditech. I called my interviewer, asking her why I was no longer being considered. She said that she could not tell me my exam score. I asked her how I did generally on the exam, and she said she could not say. I then asked her about other aspects of my application and again, she gave me no information, leaving me bewildered.
    It does not make any sense that she could not tell me anything about how I did on the exam or any other facet of my interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the one character trait you possess that is most detrimental to the people around you?
      ...or something to that effect
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meditech (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

There was an initial phone interview. Followed by an on-site programming test in their proprietary language (3 parts to the test). The final round interview was on-site, and consisted of 4 consecutive short interviews with different supervisors. Received a call with an offer, and then followed by an offer letter. Relatively long hiring and interview process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and how you fixed it.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Meditech in December 2013.

Interview

I was asked to troubleshoot issues with a drawing of a handicapped ramp approaching a door and ensure that the ramp conformed with the requirements of the ADA, which were provided on a separate sheet. I was told it was to test the way I analyzed problems and conformance to design requirements.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer