Medtronic Biomedical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Biomedical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Received an email asking for an in person interview later that week.
It was a 7 person panel. 1 HR, 2 managers, 2 senior engineers, 1 mid level engineer, and one junior engineer seated around a table, introduced themselves and explained the process and took turns asking questions about my resume, and then used situational questions. "Tell me of a time when..."

They were very friendly, and tried to make it a lot less stressful than it could have been.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

A few weeks after applying online, I got a phone interview followed by an on site interview which consisted of an interviewee presentation and one-on-one 30 minute interviews with would-be coworkers. My presentation was questioned, but not aggressively attacked. Nothing too intense.
    Most of the employees were cordial. Actually, I probably asked more questions than they asked me. They appeared to be a little weary from interviewing other candidates previously. I also sensed some apathy; it felt like they wanted to do good work, but the red tape was just overwhelming.
    The interview lasted about 6 hours with lunch provided, and ended with a programming session in MATLAB and using some of their data. I don't think the results of the programming session are taken too seriously. They just want to make sure you are comfortable with some basic programming.

Interview Questions

• Before the on site interview started, the HR representative was insistent of me disclosing a previous salary and desired salary. I felt this to be rather pushy. I didn't encounter any questions during the actual interview that were too difficult. Much of the time was spent with the candidate asking interviewers about work-life balance, management structure, etc. One or two interviewers asked me about their products' limitations which I knew about from some previous online research. They also asked "why Medtronic?"   1 Answer

The offer was low by industry standards and for someone with the candidate's experience and degree level. They appear to base their salary offers on what the job requires and not the candidate's qualifications. My advanced degree and previous work experience were verbally praised, but they didn't want to compensate for it.The offer was firm; they were not willing to negotiate at all.
    During attempts at negotiation, the hiring manager didn't contact me. My interaction was with the HR representative only, which I found a little odd. Prior to the on site interview, the same HR representative was very pushy about disclosure of previous salary and desired salary.
    The offer was also declined because of limited prospects afterwards; the job didn't involve developing any skills which would be too useful for anything else either within Medtronic or outside.
    The overall impression that I get is that Medtronic Diabetes is trying to grow, but there is quite a bit of red tape and internal divisions within the company. Employees mentioned long hours, but I sensed that those hours didn't often materialize into productivity.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Medtronic (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the senior engineer who was in charge of me during my internship. She asked about my previous research and project experience and gave me a brief introduction of daily duties.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Sydney (Australia)) in May 2015.

Interview

Initially had a phone interview and then a face-to-face interview. Four people in the panel including HR. The interviewers were very friendly and nice. The interview was casual and relax and it went for 45 minutes. Mostly behavioural questions.