Medtronic Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview Questions

2.6

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online through our college career page and was offered an alternate interview (opportunity to sign up after their first-choice candidates chose their spots) if there were available time slots. Interview was scheduled for the following week. I showed up to the interview 15 minutes early, and was not even spoken to until 30 minutes past my interview time. There was no apology for being late, and I was pretty upset since I left my current full-time job early and now was going to be late for my part-time job. Interview was straight forward based on the STAR system (situation, task, action, result). It was mildly uncomfortable since he had a packet of paper and would ask the question at the top of the page and just take notes while you were talking. Not a lot of back and forth between myself and the interviewer. Afterwards I told him I had an offer expiring within a few weeks and he told me there was no way they would be able to accommodate the deadline. Received the decline email about a week later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2016.

Interview

The Interview process consisted of an on-campus interview and then an over the phone interview from a hiring manager. Although the process was long, it was definitely worth it.

Biomedical Engineer Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in March 2015.

Interview

A very technical engineering interview. Was asked about specific aspects of classroom projects in mechanical engineering courses. Asked about my knowledge of implants and what some of the greatest causes of failure are and how to avoid them. I two phone interviews. My first interview was with only one person. The second interview was a phone interview with three people. The first interview took about 20 minutes, the second took about an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would one calculate fatigue life for an implant? How would you create a finite element analysis of the device? Where would you find sources for mechanical properties of the materials? How would you determine if the sources were valid?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2015.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview (all behavioral questions), then was put through the company-wide intern matching system. Didn't hear back for nearly 3 months and received an email that I wasn't selected by any teams. However, was selected very late in the process for a series of interviews (phone and then Skype), but unfortunately I didn't end up getting an offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you led a team, and what kind of challenges you faced.
      Have you had any experience delivering a product to a customer?   Answer Question

Biomedical Engineering Summer Associate Interview

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Received an on-campus interview within a week. On-campus interview lasted approximately half an hour. Received notification that I made it past the first round of interviews, and was told all offers would be extended by first week of April, but that not everyone who made it past the first round would get a second round interview. Never received an offer for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions. My interviewer talked about himself/his experiences much more.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Townshipin Cities, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Townshipin Cities, MN) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied online through my college career services, and it was a basic resume referral. Resumes were prescreened and then chosen to be invited back for about a 30 minute interview. After this initial interview, applicants' information are then stored in a database and then recruiting/hiring managers from different divisions of Medtronic will then contact applicants for a second/final interview.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give you this job?   1 Answer