Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

3.1

29 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Met at a hotel and went through 3 1-hour interviews back to back. Covered my experience and the culture at Medtronic. They seemed very interested, but lost to an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made an error in business and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Like many I applied through an employee referral. The whole process turned into a 5+ month marathon with 12 interviews in total. Many of the interviews were scheduled last minute so be prepared to drop everything and run.

After months and months of back and forth contact, the position I had been interviewing for was dissolved. The real kicker is, no one had the decency to tell me this directly which thought was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague whom you do not get along with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Brick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very rigorous and the interviewer expected all the formalities to be displayed in the process. The interviewer expects you to go through the Medtronic academy on your own and teach yourself the modules before your interview date. Insanely competitive for the clinical specialist position. I ended up losing out to someone with their phd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Terrible. I interviewed with Medtronic on two separate occasions for different positions. This time around I was contacted by the hiring manager that I interviewed with previously) before the position posting was made public to recruit me for the position.

I underwent some very lengthy interview vetting processes over 3 months my second time around interviewing with Medtronic, only to be gifted with radio silence after the final interview both rounds (same as last time I interviewed with them). Would have been nice to get a straight no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application. Phone interview with recruiter. After a few weeks of waiting Face to face with managers. Field ride. No offer as of yet. Interviewers were very pleasant. Dove deep for detail. Waiting to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was something you implemented? Did it work?, How do you handle an unhappy coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for a CS position in northern CA. After initial phone screen with Territor Director, met with several members of management team in interviews at hotel. Multiple candidates interviewing rotation style. Most surprised by the tone of one interviewer/panelist, who was apparently disgruntled to be interviewing me (compared to other candidates). Asked technical engineering questions and covered material from online resource.

I always prepare thoroughly and the intensity and pace of these 4 one hour back to back interviews was tiring.
    I was offered to go on to next step of interviewing(ride through with team member), but accepted another offer instead.

Anonymous Employee in Munster, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Munster, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was in two parts. The first was with the clinical specialist hiring manager, while the second was with the regional sales manager. Both took place at a local Panera Bread. The interview was as straight forward as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a physician in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to adjust your routine because circumstances dictated so   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process has been similar to what others have described. I had a mutual friend connect me with the service director and was never contacted through web applications (although, I have learned that online applications are still required). My first interview was via phone and was strictly informational. Since then, I emailed persistently (about every 2 weeks) and shadowed for two days, then met the service director for an in-person interview (again, strictly informational). A few weeks later, I interviewed with regional managers (this time behavior questions), and now, I am waiting to schedule two more days shadowing within territories where openings exist. I have been told that after this I will have one more interview with another regional manager. I am still in the process, but at this point, do not have an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone with an arrogant personality to follow your advice?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager then in-person visit then final phone interview. We met in starbucks and it was pretty casual. Theres no office in the area so everything is done at starbucks or panera. The salesguy came and tried to judge my skills with personal questions about what i do on the weekends

Interview Questions

• What obstacles have you overcome in your life that makes you ready for this job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Raleigh, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

IT was a behavioral interview like the rest of the descriptions. The district manager and two reps were there. There was no unique questions that were asked. I was prepared for all the questions that were asked.