Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Clinical Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Nov 10, 2017

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in October 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews, very competitive. Interviewers were friendly and professional. Be prepared, read about the company, know your resume inside and out, and be prepared to give specifics and talk about your relevant experience in depth. Ask questions about the territory you are applying for to get an idea of what challenges you will face and what the call schedule will b like. Also, make sure you understand exactly what the role requires prior to the interview. Also be prepared to talk about desired salary and how much you made in your previous roles.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a doctor that is "set in their ways"?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tulsa, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

Interview was pleasant. To the point and it was like having a conversation with a friend. It lasted about an hour and a half. Very professional. Do your research before you go in.

Clinical Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Brief phone interview. Met at a hotel and went through 3 1-hour interviews back to back. Covered my experience and the culture at Medtronic. They seemed very interested, but lost to an internal candidate

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time where you made an error in business and how did you correct it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boulder, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

1 hour, very casual phone interview; wanted to get to know who you are and why you'd fit with the position/location. Gauged your interest and how committed you would be to the position of interest.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position?   1 Answer
    • Have you created change with superiors above you? How and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Like many I applied through an employee referral. The whole process turned into a 5+ month marathon with 12 interviews in total. Many of the interviews were scheduled last minute so be prepared to drop everything and run.

After months and months of back and forth contact, the position I had been interviewing for was dissolved. The real kicker is, no one had the decency to tell me this directly which thought was rather unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a colleague whom you do not get along with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Brick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very rigorous and the interviewer expected all the formalities to be displayed in the process. The interviewer expects you to go through the Medtronic academy on your own and teach yourself the modules before your interview date. Insanely competitive for the clinical specialist position. I ended up losing out to someone with their phd.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Terrible. I interviewed with Medtronic on two separate occasions for different positions. This time around I was contacted by the hiring manager that I interviewed with previously) before the position posting was made public to recruit me for the position.

I underwent some very lengthy interview vetting processes over 3 months my second time around interviewing with Medtronic, only to be gifted with radio silence after the final interview both rounds (same as last time I interviewed with them). Would have been nice to get a straight no.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application. Phone interview with recruiter. After a few weeks of waiting Face to face with managers. Field ride. No offer as of yet. Interviewers were very pleasant. Dove deep for detail. Waiting to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was something you implemented? Did it work?, How do you handle an unhappy coworker?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interviewed for a CS position in northern CA. After initial phone screen with Territor Director, met with several members of management team in interviews at hotel. Multiple candidates interviewing rotation style. Most surprised by the tone of one interviewer/panelist, who was apparently disgruntled to be interviewing me (compared to other candidates). Asked technical engineering questions and covered material from online resource.

I always prepare thoroughly and the intensity and pace of these 4 one hour back to back interviews was tiring.
    I was offered to go on to next step of interviewing(ride through with team member), but accepted another offer instead.

Anonymous Employee in Munster, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Munster, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was in two parts. The first was with the clinical specialist hiring manager, while the second was with the regional sales manager. Both took place at a local Panera Bread. The interview was as straight forward as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a physician in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to adjust your routine because circumstances dictated so   Answer Question