Medtronic Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Engineer Interview Questions

23 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

Applied online, never heard for 3 mos, then 2 or 3 phone interviews. Went to CA for face to face and they seemed very confused and disorganized. The 6 people on the schedule kept changing through the day. Interviewers knew little about the job and the hiring manager was not even there that day. Why would they waste the time and money? It took a couple of months to get re-imbursed for expenses. The interview seemed to go well, and the HR person kept in touch for a week or two then stopped returning calls or e-mails. I never received any feedback as to whether I'm still being considered or not. I was excited about Medtronic, but this group seems to be run by amateurs.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in July 2010.

Interview

Phone interview followed by an 1 on 1 interview. Very positive feedback and professional.

Interview Questions

• Which site would you choose?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Was asked general questions about past projects and my interest in biomedical engineering. Also asked about my experience in CAD, coding (MATLAB). Interview was obtained through a career fair at my school. Interviewer was a HR professional and was not involved in any of the engineering projects at Medtronic. Interview was very pleasant overall and felt like a casual conversation.

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Online interview using software they told me to install. All questions were behavioural questions and they also asked questions about my resume. First interviewed with 2 senior engineers then a break and then an interview with the engineering manager. They asked questions about experiences that you might have had, why you want to work at Medtronic, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in December 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with a engineering manager about New College Graduate position. The interviewer was technical by nature but the interview consisted of nothing but personality and psychological questions. One thing did stick out, the interviewer stated that Med tonic is not in the business of cutting edge technology, they're into doing with existing tech to the point of no errors.

Interview Questions

• What is your problem solving process as an engineering?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in March 2010.

Interview

The interview was ok but I was interviewed with another perspective employee and that was kind of awkward. I do not like that they don't tell you that you do not have the job but rather that if they do not contact you, you do not need to contact them and assume that you were not selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

At the group interview, pairs of engineers come in to ask and detail your previous engineering work and experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the annotations for CAD drawings.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in January 2009.

Interview

College fair was the introduction. Submitted resume and received phone interview. After phone interview was asked to interview w/4 individuals. After this, called back to give a presentation and went thru a panel review. Received offer 1 month after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals 5 years from now?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for MDT?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in May 2011.

Interview

Medtronic's hiring staff contacted me very promptly and after reviewing my credentials and their needs offered to interview me on site within a week. The planning for the interview day went well and I had 1:1 and group interviews with peers, superiors, and subordinates that were long enough for me to learn about the job and for me to learn about me. They had some standard questions about how to handle difficult people and situations but there were no surprises. On the downside, they never showed me around the facility. After the interview which I felt went well, I heard nothing for 2+ weeks and knew that I had a very small likelihood of getting the job as no one contacted any of my references so it was no surprise when the rejection call came.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a subordinate who was not pulling their weight on the project?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2009.

Interview

We started with an online application along with posting of a current resume and transcript. Then an on campus interview was scheduled for 2 weeks after the date the application was submitted. After the interview, an automated email was sent explaining how they were choosing to go in a different direction.

Interview Questions

• What are two experiences in your previous work experiences that would make you qualified to be successful in this position?   Answer Question