Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 28, 2017

2.9

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

all interviews are done as the "star" -situation-task-action-results nothing that really had anything about the job you were applying for. It was all about your situations annd how you solved them at other companies

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brick, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Brick, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very rigorous and the interviewer expected all the formalities to be displayed in the process. The interviewer expects you to go through the Medtronic academy on your own and teach yourself the modules before your interview date. Insanely competitive for the clinical specialist position. I ended up losing out to someone with their phd.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviews are intense for candidates and do involve interviewing with multiple people at the same time. Interviews could also be via WebEx. It could take a month before you get the offer for the position. In the past they have had hundreds of people applying for one position. Key words from the job description will help you get noticed. It always helps if you know someone who already works there that can put in a good word. Be prepared to give examples on why you are the right candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of what you would do to solve "X" situation   Answer Question

Training and Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Long interview process. I interviewed with at least 7 people for an hour each. Intense questions about diversity and inclusion. Very nice people but the day was long. Questions required answers with examples and solutions. Very thought provoking. Must have many examples ready for the interview. Think about previous projects and results.

Therapy Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Padova (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Padova (Italy)) in June 2015.

Interview

Very long and pressing. Every interview took more than an hour, it has been very exhausting. After every interview I had to wait a week for an answer and since i really wanted that job, these has been stressing

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First you interview with your recruiter and then an interview at Medtronic. If you dont pass the assessments you dont get to interview. Take several behavior assessment, interview with a manager and interview with division manager. Know star interview questions and be prepared to have questions for the interviewers. Also be prepared to know what products Medtronic has and how they work. You will be asked what you know about the position so make sure you know what your applying for and why.

QC Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2010.

Interview

It was a really nice facility of Medtronic. First person I interviewed with is the director of the quality assurance department. He asked few questions about my background and give me a list of 10 questions, such as experiment design. and following are two senior chemists, first one, she show me abound the lab and asked me lots of questions about instruments, such as HPLC, GC. Next one was testing theoretical knowledge about analytically chemistry. This is my first interview of my life and I did it really bad, In general it is not really hard but you have to be prepared.

Interview Questions

• Please design a experiment test for a drug deliver device.   Answer Question

Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2011.

Interview

I had the initial round on the phone and was asked to attend the 2nd round of interviews in person at Minneapolis. They paid for everything - had a nice hotel, pickup from hotel to Medtronic HQ at 710 Medtronic Parkway and dropoff to airport. The interviews were exhausting - five interviews, 45 mins each. Each interview was by a particular hiring manager in the non-marketing departments (e.g. Field action - they work on recalls, Pre-clinical trials etc). It seems that they just bundle all non-marketing or product departments into Operations. A couple interviews were about projects in program management. It was an odd bunch. Two managers did not specifically tell me about the projects that they were hiring for, which was unfair, I thought. One manager became really happy about my candidature for the program manager internship role, and sold me on his division and project for 10 mins, but did not end up giving me an offer, even after saying that lets say it all works out. Overall, the questions were centered about persuation stories. Also, they had a sheet of 50 questions, so it was OK to say that you had never faced a situation like this before. Overall, great experience. Medtronic is a great company, and I would have wanted to go there, but for some better projects, I guess. They interviewed 60 people for 16 positions, which was a little crazy I thought.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you had to do something which was not in line with your company's objectives   Answer Question
    • Tell me a time when you failed in your standard approach. What was your thought process, what did you do after that?   Answer Question

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in November 2010.

Interview

I felt rushed during the entire interview.

Senior Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Fridley, MN) in June 2009.

Interview

Behaviorial interview questions trying to sort out your weakness