Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 16, 2017

2.9

317 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Developer Interview

Interview

Applied through online career services. Scheduled on-campus interview and met with what seemed to be a HR rep. She went over behavioral questions, your basic, what was a problem, did you have a conflict etc.

Engineer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in December 2012.

Interview

HR emailed and request a phone interview after submitting application 3-4 weeks prior. During the phone interview, HR realized I was just a sophomore and kindly gave me various tips on becoming a more competitive applicant when I reapply next year.

Interview Questions

• Since I am only a sophomore, the HR woman did not ask any questions. Instead, she was helpful in giving me advise.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email, and the had an Skype Interview. Very standard questions, there was no follo-up.

MBA Intern Interview

Interview

Was interviewed by an HR for MBA internship position.

Co Op Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

First HR. Then phone interview with hiring manager. Finally two video interview.

Interview Questions

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting. Received an on-campus interview within a week. On-campus interview lasted approximately half an hour. Received notification that I made it past the first round of interviews, and was told all offers would be extended by first week of April, but that not everyone who made it past the first round would get a second round interview. Never received an offer for a second interview.

Interview Questions

• No real unexpected questions. My interviewer talked about himself/his experiences much more.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

i had 1 interview with several people. the interview lasted 3 hours. the response came several weeks later.

Interview Questions

• How will you handle the transition from sales to manager   Answer Question

Wafer Level Packaging Interview

Interview

First Phone screening, Next On site Technical Interview. I was interviewed by Vanessa for the position at CVDG of Medtronic. I never got a call back after the phone screening. I had to call them up few times to know my progress.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in a college team project? How did you execute it?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Oxnard, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your employment history   1 Answer