Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

20 minutes of STAR question designed to gauge your personality, and 40-60 minutes of technical questions. The technical questions covered programming, statistics, and general engineering skills (such as problem-solving).

Interview Questions

• Describe the steps you would take to design [common product].   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medtronic in September 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews, mostly behavior questions. When they need someone, it must be very urgent. So just relax when you are in an interview with them. You will get there.

Territory Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Denver, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews and an in person interview. Fairly laid back, more personal questions than technical. Process took about 2 weeks before receiving an email stating that they were pursuing other candidates.

Interview Questions

• When were you challenged to step outside of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Medtronic (Singapore (Singapore)) in November 2016.

Interview

Via phone interview on skill review, response to any inquiries that comes along the way. Brief explanation of the the progress of the position. Subsequent follow up on the onboarding process and timing to start work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and describe your work experience   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through school's recruiting website and was invited for an interview near the end of February. Interviewed with an alumni who was currently working there, standard STAR questions to assess behavioral attributes and fit to company. Interviewer said they changed their behavioral interview process starting 2017 so past posts may not be 100% accurate. Have not actually heard back but has been almost 3 weeks so I am assuming no offer.

Senior Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2015.

Interview

It started with a phone interview, then I filled out a form, then I went in for a 5 hour interview with 7 different individuals that I would be working with. Medtronic has a "canned" interview guide with "canned" questions they ask you regarding how you operate and how you can fit into the organization. Some people follow the script, others don't.

The difficult part is having the fortitude to sit in one conference room for a 5 hour period. Each meeting with each individual (sometimes two at once) was about 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• An engineer asked me about how a molded part is made after showing it to me. I had to guess where the gates were. He asked how a specific feature was made.   Answer Question

Principal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview went great but then months of excuses and "we'll be moving in two weeks" but now we're in annual planning and it'll be a couple weeks." 3 months of being strung along is highly disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Unlike a typical Medtronic behavioral interview we talked about my technical accomplishments.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Saint Paul, MN) in October 2015.

Interview

I was recruited through on-campus recruiting. Medtronic came to campus once during the week, and we had a second interview on-site at Medtronic. Great process and people to work with.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mansfield, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief over the phone pre-qualification by a recruiter. Met with 3 managers. 2 of them where very nice and engaging. Other couldn't be bothered to be there.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

Career Fair on campus and received email the following night. Scheduled for an interview that Friday afternoon. Interpersonal questions in STAR format. This was the first round process meant to go on for the second round. Not sure how many rounds total there would be.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time you did not meet eye to eye with a person and what was the result?   1 Answer
    • A time where you had to apply time management.   Answer Question
    • Innovative design and how you convinced members to agree   Answer Question
    • Tell me of a time where you worked in a team and there was a member who was not doing there part   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   Answer Question