Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 24, 2017

2.9

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application. Phone interview with recruiter. After a few weeks of waiting Face to face with managers. Field ride. No offer as of yet. Interviewers were very pleasant. Dove deep for detail. Waiting to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was something you implemented? Did it work?, How do you handle an unhappy coworker?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mansfield, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

An HR representative contacted me, after few day of having applied, for a 10-15 min phone screen. I was scheduled for 2 one on one interviews and finally a product presentation over the phone.

Medtronic provides you with many resources to succeed during the interview process. Those resources are current reps that seat down with you and encourage you to ask them many questions. It is crucial to have many GOOD questions ready to show them how interest you are in the company and show them how much you want the job.

Very competitive but they make you feel comfortable the moment you enter the building.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Applied on company website. About a month later I was contacted through email by an engineer to set up a phone interview. First half of interview was behavioral and second half was highly technical.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the differences between monopolar and dipolar electrosurgery?   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Terrible. I interviewed with Medtronic on two separate occasions for different positions. This time around I was contacted by the hiring manager that I interviewed with previously) before the position posting was made public to recruit me for the position.

I underwent some very lengthy interview vetting processes over 3 months my second time around interviewing with Medtronic, only to be gifted with radio silence after the final interview both rounds (same as last time I interviewed with them). Would have been nice to get a straight no.

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Norfolk, NE).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then manager. In person interview then offer conversation with recruiter. Interview process was average. HR will "fluff" the attitude of the plant and cost of living for the town. Ask for higher salary and stick to your guns....

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to implement a difficult process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate a higher salary up front. Deny the 1 year bonus incentive and ask for relocation assistance. Norfolk, NE cost of living is higher than Nebraska average by about 20% so plan accordingly.

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Unrespectfull, they cancelled twice! One of the interviewer didnt let me speak. HR didnt supervise the process. The job description says some expertise! Not all candidate have the requiered expertise.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviews took place over 2 month period, with 2 phone interviews with hiring manager, their direct report, then 1 interview with a panel on site and a final interview with HR on site. I did have to reconnect with the hiring manager on several occasions and was also referred to other employees in the field if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions regarding the area of specialty, and one question where you were put into a difficult situation with a customer, and how you responded to that situation.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I really made that much money (current position at time of interview, ie. yearly salary) by the final HR person.   1 Answer

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

It is an on campus interview. It is very typical. The interviewer is very friendly. There is no tough questions. The questions they ask about are "tell me about yourself" and "walk through your resume", ect.

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

My last interview was a phone interview only. No further advancement due to all of the people already in this position being laid off and trying to get hired back. when you go for an in person interview it is like running a gauntlet, and interviewing with 4 or more people in one day.

Interview Questions

• They were normal interview questions.   1 Answer

Strategic Sourcing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mansfield, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Had a remote phone interview with 5 people. Tag team of 2 twice and a single person. They went through the scripted STAR interview process (situation, task, actions taken, result), which was also applied to four themes; difficult people related situation, process improvement, quality issue, and cost savings opportunities. After sending thank-you notes to all only one person responded and seemed to give me a positive outlook. Never heard back from anyone in HR with a status follow up one way or the other.

Interview Questions

• If you had a tough situation with an employee, how did you handle it?   1 Answer