Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.9

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munster, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Munster, IN) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was in two parts. The first was with the clinical specialist hiring manager, while the second was with the regional sales manager. Both took place at a local Panera Bread. The interview was as straight forward as possible.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a physician in a difficult situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you had to adjust your routine because circumstances dictated so   Answer Question

Senior Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Louisville, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

After a short phone interview, a face-to-face interview was scheduled. It was a group interview, that is, one after another conducted the interview. It took about four hours. It took place in a small conference room. The interviewers seemed more uncomfortable than me, or at least, they seem to be distracted by the work at their desk that wasn't getting done.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Medtronic?   1 Answer

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boulder, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied online through an employee referral. I was invited to an email about 1 week later at the Boulder, Colorado office. 8 people were interviewing the same day. I had 3 interviews each with 2 engineers and each lasted 30 minutes. By the 3rd interview, it was basically all the same questions as from the first two. None of the interviews were with the hiring manager. The process was way too rushed, not very efficient, and I left not really knowing what I would be doing there as an engineer. I had very little time to ask questions. I received an email the day after my interview saying I was not a good fit. The good part about the interview process here is that the whole application, interview and result was done within about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing?
      I got this question in all three of the interviews.
      1 Answer

Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

I applied through employee referral. The process took a week. I was contacted by the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview. The interview went for about 70 minutes. The experience was positive with a mix of behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time where you resolved a conflict with your team   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I went through 2 interviews. One by phone and one in person on-site. I was told I was a top 5 candidates for the position I was applying for. I interviewed in person with the executive and then I heard nothing. I followed up with them and they told me someone internally had expressed an interest in the position. 30 days later I still had not heard back from them at all. Not in writing, nothing. If you go to a 1 on 1 interview they are required by law to inform you if you were selected or not. I received NOTHING. In fact, when I inquired 60 days later they still gave me some song and dance about an internal candidate. But yet the position was still being recruited for. Most bizarre. I was contacted by an internal recruiter for this position. I did not apply for it. I was amazed at the lack of professionalism by the Medtronic recruiters. If they cant even get the interview process down right, how can they be doing a good job at anything? All things happen for a reason. This is not the type of company I would want to work for. They seem to be flying by the seat of their pants. NO THANKS.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of how you organized the last executive you worked for   Answer Question

Senior IT Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Miami, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter from Medtronic contacted me through LinkedIn. I read about the position that was available. The recruiter set up web ex for me. Then I had a telephone interview with someone from IT. Person interviewing was very nice. At one point our call was cut off. I apologized when I called back, but he seemed unfazed.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (West Palm Beach, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

A person from human resources called me. When I returned the call my resume wasn't in front of him. I was asked about my experience in medical sales, what college I attended and what degree I had. I was told my resume was being passed to the manager in the territory. It was up to her if she wanted to set up an interview. I never heard from the manager in the territory.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever sold medical equipment?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deland, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Deland, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

My first discussion was a phone interview with the Medtronic HR recruiter out of Atlanta GA. It was a brief interview talking about why I was looking, why I was interested in Medtronic. After that I had two phone interviews one with a Technical Manager then about ten days later a second phone interview with the Engineering Manager. In both cases we covered the information on my resume, discussed Medtronic and the opportunities they have, the markets they served, and how I would fit into the business going forward. I was fortunate to be selected for a on site interview and I spoke with five (5) people, one hour each roughly including a lunch interview. After that I had one more phone interview about a week later with a Director. I had the chance to ask many questions about the company and what challenges and opportunities they had.

Interview Questions

• Each interviewer had a set of questions they asked, all behavioral type questions, One I recall was, "Tell me about a time when you discovered a defect in a product that others had overlooked." Most questions were of that nature, how you handle problems with products, people, and procedures.   1 Answer

Industrial Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee in Humacao, PR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Humacao, PR) in August 2016.

Interview

A couple of questions as usual but focuses on your concentration and experience if any in standardize time of a process, auto cad, mini tab, supervising a group of people, etc.

Interview Questions

• If I knew how to standardize the time of a process base on all the constrains and compensation of a employee   1 Answer

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a screening phone interview asking about my background, explaining Medtronic background and a more specific job description. After the phone interview, I was selected for a final round in-person panel interview. The final round interview questions were all S.T.A.R format questions. I was eventually "eliminated from consideration for being nervous" in final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem and came to a solution that you did not expect to come to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you led a group of people.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in this specific division of Medtronic?   Answer Question