Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.9

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic in June 2013.

Interview

Had a phone interview with HR manager followed by technical interview with scientist. Mostly based on prior experience and resume. Was pretty friendly and interviewed for 50 minutes. Mostly technical

Interview Questions

Negotiation

29 per hour

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

had a phone interview initially asked about my graduation date basically my availability as well as my background. then set up an onsite interview after a few days.
    The onsite interview started with a tour in the morning, and then several rounds of personal interviews. A lot of behavior questions.

Interview Questions

• difference between verification and validation, how to test a vending machine   Answer Question

Interview

Situation based interview, asked lots of examples on how you performed under various scenarios.
    Project Management experience and ability to work with cross functional team
    Experience with clinical strategy is useful.

Wafer Level Packaging Interview

Interview

First Phone screening, Next On site Technical Interview. I was interviewed by Vanessa for the position at CVDG of Medtronic. I never got a call back after the phone screening. I had to call them up few times to know my progress.

Interview Questions

• What was your role in a college team project? How did you execute it?   Answer Question

Interview

Applied through the company website but was contacted by a recruiter. About a thirty minute phone interview with hiring manager. Then flew out for face-to-face with hiring manager and a few regulatory directors and managers. It took about a day and went to lunch with people on the team. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty standard and nothing stood out as unexpected.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Interview

Telephonic interviews rounds and then onsite rounds. Had 4 back to back telephonic interviews and 4 onsite interviews. the onsite were mostly about meeting the team and knowing more about the position.

Diagnostics Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxnard, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Oxnard, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

A recruiter from Medtronic called me and said my qualifications were great and wanted to set up an immediate interview the following week. Without any further information, I accepted.... afterall, I thought, this is MEDTRONIC. The hiring manager and recruiter both knew that I lived about 3 hours from the interview location. I showed up, went through the ENTIRE interview, only to find out at the end of the interview that this position was for a 30k base, 75k at plan. Please note, my resume clearly states my qualifications to FAR exceed this type of position. In fact, I have not been recruited for any position, for less than a 100k base, 200k at plan position in years. Upon the onset of the interview, I advised the hiring manager of my income expectations. At this point, any ethical (or common sense) manager would have informed me that I was over qualified. Instead, he tried to "sell" me on the product and how "real" sales reps are the ones that accept low bases and "work hard" for high paying commissions. No matter how you slice it, 75k is entry level. A 30k base, is for kids out of college! I wasted 6 hours of my life that I will never get back. This has, however, taught me a valuable lesson..... Dear Medtronic, you are completely delusional if you truly believe that "real" sales people are those that live on 30k base, and scrounge for commissions. The fact that you clearly hide the income expectations from the start, shows how unethical and cowardly you are. CAR SALESMAN make this type of income. I write this review.... as I feel it is my duty to warn all those who are naive about Medtronic as I once was. Run away! Any medical company that would pay a 30k base to a medical sales rep is one that does not respect their team. Once I was advised of the earning potential, I quickly ended the interview so that I could make the 3 hour trek home. Thanks Medtronic!

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your employment history   1 Answer

Manufacturing Manager Interview

Interview

Met 6 managers, and then 6 more. Round robin canned questions.Some minimal follow up, but mainly high level managerial questions to feel you out. Everyone was very polite, looking to see how you respond to conflict with people you are managing.

Value Stream Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online. They sent e-screen, I filled it out, and got called for a phone interview. The hiring manager asked for more clarification from some of my eScreen responses. Got called for an in-person interview. Met with 7 different people, all who asked the usual questions plus canned STAR questions from HR. My responses were all well prepared. Got a call about 2 weeks later saying I didn't get it because someone else had more experience.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mansfield, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

Worst recruiting/interview process I have ever experienced. After applying online, I heard from a recruiting assistant after a full month. At this point, I didn't even have the job description anymore. Recruiting assistant set up a phone interview for me with a recruiter. Had phone interview. Was contacted via email the next day by the recruiter asking me to come in to interview the next day. Attached was a list of people I would be interviewing with.......5 people, 2 1/2 hours, meaning that I would need to take a 1/2 day off from my current job. This was not possible with just one day's notice, so I asked if we could do it at the end of the week. Recruiter said it would have to be re-scheduled for the following week. That was fine with me and would give me the proper time to plan for being out for 1/2 day. Well, needless to say, the recruiter never responded with a day for the following week. After sending him three emails (by the way, he does not use a signature on his emails, so no phone #!), I finally heard back from him saying that they decided to move forward with an internal candidate! So utterly unprofessional. If this is what their HR department is like, I'm glad I never got in there to interview and didn't waste a 1/2 day off!