Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.9

Interview

Interview process was long. Panel interview and then 4 Directors from different departments. Typical questions very laid back. Company has a certain "look". Willing to think outside the box for the right candidate.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Phone Screen. Non-existent communication after. When I inquired about the status of my candidacy, I was given a very generic reply. I then asked for constructive detailed feedback. The recruiter declined stating that it was "against company policy" to let a candidate know why they were not selected. Very non-constructive interview process.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an onsite interview after two rounds of Phone interview. HR phone interview and technical phone interview was simple but steady. Onsite has 5 rounds of interview two were panel. The interviewers were friendly and interested to learn about my skills and wait for the answer.

Interview Questions

• 1) MSA, SPC charts question
      2) What kind of test instruments have you used to measure?
      3) strength and weakness and other usual behavioral questions
      4) DOE, P value explanation, documentation handled
      5) Are you a collaborative worker?
      6) Explain how you dealt with a difficult person in the group.
      Answer Question

R&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Galway (Ireland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Galway (Ireland)) in September 2016.

Interview

I received an email where a interview was settle with 3 person 1 from HR and 2 engineers. It last about 30 minutes. The first 10 min were about telling about my background throughout my CV after that they show me a device that is made by the company and the following questions were about the design of it. For instance, "What kind of materials can we use for this part? what are the requirements, etc."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, What kind of materials can we use for this part? what are the requirements, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

I had applied and the company had the audacity to claim they took "careful consideration" in assessing me and conclude that they were going to move on. I applied not even 12hrs prior, met all the requirement criteria and never even spoke a word to someone. What could someone "carefully" consider when they haven't even spoke to someone? The only variables on the application were questions regarding race, gender, age, and veteran status. So, for someone who meets the criteria, what else could an employer "carefully consider" besides (unfairly and illegally) stereotyping or judging someone for their race, gender, age, or veteran status?

Interview Questions

• What was "carefully considered" before dishonestly and inaccurately stating a claim that an applicant is inadequate?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medtronic in May 2010.

Interview

Was phone screened initially by hiring manager, then brought in for 1:1 interviews with three other people including manager peer.

Interview questions were standard and only one was a curve ball, I think to see how I reacted to hearing terms that would be otherwise inappropriate in public setting, but are completely normal in a medical device company.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel when you hear about <insert non-publicly appropriate medical term>?   Answer Question

Negotiation

not negotiable at all.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

A recruiter contacted me and set up an appt. to speak with me the following day. I cleared my schedule but she did not call nor did she return my call. She finally called 3 days later with a weak apology and we chatted. I decided to move on with the process and spoke with the hiring manager. She seemed nice and straightforward. Several days later, the recruiter calls to tell me someone else would be setting up my in-person interview schedule. I show up for the interview and wait 15 minutes for the HR person to arrive. That's okay. It happens. I spent the day in the same room, no tour of the area I'd be working, was never offered a beverage or a rest room break. Each interview was 30 minutes, hardly enough time to get all my questions asked. I asked some good and focused questions but was not impressed with many of the responses, although there were some highly capable people among the panel. I left the interview convinced I was over qualified. I received a phone call over a week later and was told I'd be getting an offer. We discussed salary and such for the 2nd time. Another week goes by and I was given an offer: A 20% pay cut for a position I didn't even apply for and an umimpressive relocation package. I was told the management position would be 'just too hard' for me. I found this insulting and unprofessional. I have since accepted the same position at the competition on the east coast and am happy to align myself with such a great group of individuals, although I expect I will peak out sooner rather than later. I believe I was simply unlucky in my experience with Medtronics but am satisfied with my decision to decline their less than generous offer.

Interview Questions

• There were no particularly challenging questions but the same questions were asked by each interviewer (i.e. how do you handle multiple projects having the same dealine, how do you handle conflict, etc.).   Answer Question

Senior Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2011.

Interview

I moved to a position internally so the hiring process was very "lean". I interviewed with 5 people. Each of the interviews were very informal and casual. Almost all of the questions were about my previous experience and there were no in-depth technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary, but wish that I had. My offer was very fair but I think I could have got more if I'd asked.

Principal IT Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moundsview, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Moundsview, MN) in January 2011.

Interview

Phone interview first, followed by 1/2 day session with 4 different employees of similar position being applied for. The offer process took a few weeks, followed by a start date on a required cycle, up to a month. The process was pleasant and professional, well organized and learned enough to make a decision if offer was to be made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate

Analyste remboursement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tolochenaz (Switzerland)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Tolochenaz (Switzerland)).

Interview

Medtronic a pris contact avec moi par le biais de mon profil LinkedIn et m'a proposé un poste d'analyste au remboursement. Comme leur offre initiale ne m'intéressait pas, je l'ai déclinée. Par la suite, les RH de Medtronic ont communiqué avec moi et m'ont offert deux autres postes en insistant sur le fait que ma candidature correspondait à ce que recherchait leur entreprise. Après six mois (d'entrevues et de négociations), Medtronic est parvenu à me convaincre avec son offre finale et m'a même offert une prime d'embauche. Certaines entrevues avec les gestionnaires principaux ont été annulées à la dernière minute, ce que je n'ai pas beaucoup aimé. J'ai pourtant accepté l'offre, que les deux parties ont signée. Ainsi, j'ai démissionné de l'emploi que j'occupais alors pour me joindre à Medtronic après un avis de trois mois (tout allait bien au poste que j'occupais, puisque j'avais récemment obtenu une promotion). Mais le pire était à venir ! Les RH de Medtronic ont communiqué avec moi 20 jours avant la date de début du contrat ; ils ont osé me dire que mon poste avait été aboli et qu'ils avaient résilié le contrat signé. J'étais très en colère. C'était très surprenant qu'ils sachent, notamment, que j'avais démissionné de mon ancien poste pour me joindre à eux, puisqu'ils avaient tant insisté à m'embaucher. De plus, les deux parties avaient signé le contrat plus de deux mois auparavant. Cette annulation de dernière minute sans aucune raison valable me désappointe grandement, c'est peu de le dire. Maintenant, je suis sans emploi en raison d'une décision injustifiée faite à la dernière minute par la direction, sans le moindre égard et le moindre respect pour moi. Ça pourrait avoir des conséquences très négatives sur ma carrière. Je ne recommanderais certainement PAS cette entreprise à quiconque. NE PERDEZ PAS VOTRE TEMPS ! NE RUINEZ PAS VOTRE CARRIÈRE ! Faites-moi confiance, vous trouverez certainement des employeurs plus respectueux.

Interview Questions

• Des questions générales et des questions qui ne sont pas en lien avec les compétences.   Answer Question