Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.9

Principal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview went great but then months of excuses and "we'll be moving in two weeks" but now we're in annual planning and it'll be a couple weeks." 3 months of being strung along is highly disrespectful.

Interview Questions

• Unlike a typical Medtronic behavioral interview we talked about my technical accomplishments.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Online application. Phone interview with recruiter. After a few weeks of waiting Face to face with managers. Field ride. No offer as of yet. Interviewers were very pleasant. Dove deep for detail. Waiting to see if I get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What was something you implemented? Did it work?, How do you handle an unhappy coworker?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mansfield, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

An HR representative contacted me, after few day of having applied, for a 10-15 min phone screen. I was scheduled for 2 one on one interviews and finally a product presentation over the phone.

Medtronic provides you with many resources to succeed during the interview process. Those resources are current reps that seat down with you and encourage you to ask them many questions. It is crucial to have many GOOD questions ready to show them how interest you are in the company and show them how much you want the job.

Very competitive but they make you feel comfortable the moment you enter the building.

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mansfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mansfield, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

Brief over the phone pre-qualification by a recruiter. Met with 3 managers. 2 of them where very nice and engaging. Other couldn't be bothered to be there.

R&D Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Applied on company website. About a month later I was contacted through email by an engineer to set up a phone interview. First half of interview was behavioral and second half was highly technical.

Interview Questions

• Discuss the differences between monopolar and dipolar electrosurgery?   1 Answer

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Norfolk, NE).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, then manager. In person interview then offer conversation with recruiter. Interview process was average. HR will "fluff" the attitude of the plant and cost of living for the town. Ask for higher salary and stick to your guns....

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to implement a difficult process?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate a higher salary up front. Deny the 1 year bonus incentive and ask for relocation assistance. Norfolk, NE cost of living is higher than Nebraska average by about 20% so plan accordingly.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Interviews took place over 2 month period, with 2 phone interviews with hiring manager, their direct report, then 1 interview with a panel on site and a final interview with HR on site. I did have to reconnect with the hiring manager on several occasions and was also referred to other employees in the field if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Some technical questions regarding the area of specialty, and one question where you were put into a difficult situation with a customer, and how you responded to that situation.   Answer Question
    • I was asked if I really made that much money (current position at time of interview, ie. yearly salary) by the final HR person.   1 Answer

Senior Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY).

Interview

Unrespectfull, they cancelled twice! One of the interviewer didnt let me speak. HR didnt supervise the process. The job description says some expertise! Not all candidate have the requiered expertise.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for us?   1 Answer

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

My last interview was a phone interview only. No further advancement due to all of the people already in this position being laid off and trying to get hired back. when you go for an in person interview it is like running a gauntlet, and interviewing with 4 or more people in one day.

Interview Questions

• They were normal interview questions.   1 Answer

Associate MDR/Vigilance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fridley, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Fridley, MN) in October 2016.

Interview

Two separate half hour in-person board interviews. Each interview had two managers facilitating and asking questions. Questions were behavioral STAR format questions (Situation - Task - Action - Result). If the question was not answered in STAR format, the facilitator would ask follow-up questions or clarification.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you worked effectively under pressure.   Answer Question
    • How do you handle a challenge? Give an example.   Answer Question
    • Describe a decision you made that wasn't popular and how you handled implementing it.   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you worked on a team.   Answer Question
    • What do you do if you disagree with someone at work?   Answer Question