Medtronic Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 14, 2017

2.9

Project Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process wa little over an hour lateras fairly easy. I received a call from Human Resources. They asked me a few questions and she informed me of the process. She let me know she was screening applicants and that a second telephone interview would take place the next day with a department manager. She told me the questions I would be asked were going to be behavioral question. Well about a little over an hour later, I received a phone call from the department manager but unfortunately I had left to take my baby to the doctor. I returned the call the next day because it was too late to call when I returned. I called and I didn't get an answer and left a voicemail. My call was returned about 20 minutes later. I was told they were still screening applicants and she began to ask me questions. I was expecting behavioral questions based off of what was told by HR but the only questions that was asked were things that was found on my resume. She talked to me for about 5 minutes. It appeared to me that she had already made her decision before she called me because I really didn't stand a chance. After the phone call, less than an hour later I received a rejection email. I only wanted a fair shot at the job opportunity and I don't feel like I received that.

Interview Questions

• You've received your Bachelor's Degree, right? When. I gave my answer and she said oh yeah I see that on your resume.
      What school did you attend?
      What was your GPA?
      You're going to school for your Master's too... What school?
      When are you expected to graduate?
      No behavioral questions as I expected.
      My second interviewer asked the same questions as the HR representative.   1 Answer

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2014.

Interview

I submitted an application online, I was called to schedule a phone screen, I did an in person interview with supervisor, HR and the other engineers, I went out to lunch with interview panel, I returned a second day to talk to the director of R&D, I received job offer, then did drug screen and background check.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you promote a diverse and inclusive work place.   1 Answer

R D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

I was referred to a recruiter by one of my contacts and that's how I scored the call.
    The lady I spoke to was really sweet. She listened to me very patiently. I never heard back from her after wards though.

Interview Questions

• 1) Tell me a li'l about your background?
      2) Do you have experience working with combination products?
      3) What sort of compensation do you have in mind if chosen to work for Medtronic?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in August 2013.

Interview

Interesting interview process. Each individual I interviewed with (3) spent 90% of the interview telling me how great Medtronic (God-Like) is and how dishonest and unethical the competition is.

Warehhouse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Joliet, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Joliet, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was through a temp service and went pretty smooth. They made you feel comfortable in the interview. They gave us a brief overview of the company and what was expected if we received a job offer

Interview Questions

• What are your strongest traits? Role playing scenarios. What would you do?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in April 2016.

Interview

Met a recruiter at a career fair. She sets up an in-person interview for me at the fair. Interview goes well, basic questions: tell me about yourself, tell me about a time you struggled. The usual. About a week later a recruiter sets up a phone interview with a couple of employees. Again basic questions you'll find by just looking up interview questions on Google and make sure you know your resume in depth, they'll ask about it.

Get a call a few days later from another recruiter, they want me to apply to this Manufacturing position and fly me out for an interview with the manager and to see the facility. Couple days later the same recruiter calls tells me I'm not qualified for the position he offered me. They were looking for at least 2 years of experience and I was just a college grad.

Interview Questions

• Name a time that you fell behind in a project and how you recovered.   Answer Question

Clinical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The process has been similar to what others have described. I had a mutual friend connect me with the service director and was never contacted through web applications (although, I have learned that online applications are still required). My first interview was via phone and was strictly informational. Since then, I emailed persistently (about every 2 weeks) and shadowed for two days, then met the service director for an in-person interview (again, strictly informational). A few weeks later, I interviewed with regional managers (this time behavior questions), and now, I am waiting to schedule two more days shadowing within territories where openings exist. I have been told that after this I will have one more interview with another regional manager. I am still in the process, but at this point, do not have an offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you convince someone with an arrogant personality to follow your advice?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

The process was quite unusual. Three interviews. The first one had nothing to do with the job I was applying for in sales. The last interview was about talking me out of the position. Interviewer said there was a lot of travel. I said I have traveled all over the USA and the world. I have been to almost every airport in the USA. I have rented dozens of cars. The interviewer had issues with me and travel. It was odd. It was obvious they did not want me in this job even though they never met me in person. I don't have any disabilities and have passed their screening in the past.

Interview Questions

• There is a lot of standing with this job. Are you up for that?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with 2 supervisors one after the other answered general questions why I think they should hire me. Both very friendly was advised before I left that they will send me the paper work to begin employment within the week.

Clinical Research Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maastricht (Netherlands)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Maastricht (Netherlands)) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position and got contacted directly by the person I should be working with. I was contacted within 2-3 weeks following the online application.
    Next step was 1:1 interview, without HR interview in the hiring process.
    The team who interviewed me seemed to know what they were looking for. They were friendly and the conversation was relaxed and easy going. Therefore, I was hoping to get a positive feedback and an offer.
    Unexpectedly, I didn't receive an offer and despite the personal interview and conversation we had, at the end I got an automated e-mail rejection, without any feedback on how I could improve or what went wrong. I got the answer within a week.