Medtronic Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Medtronic

3.5

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northridge, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Northridge, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Got a call from HR to set up a 30 minute interview. Got called a few days later by an engineer for the interview. The first half of the interview was behavioral -- standard stuff, asked questions about how I would respond to certain situations, etc. The second 15 minutes of the interview was technical. Asked some easy and difficult questions. Topics included how to CAD certain parts, fluid mechanics, materials science, and a machine shop question.

Interview Questions

• You are in a boat in a pool with a rock in your hand. You throw the rock into the pool. Does the water level rise, drop, or stay the same?   10 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic in December 2010.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from an administrative person a couple weeks later to set up a phone interview, which seems a little faster than most online systems. During the interview there were 3 senior engineers on the other end, one of which would be my manager if I was accepted. They took turns firing away a variety of questions but they were good about quickly moving on if I was having trouble and not fixating on the few things that I got wrong. The tone of their commentary was helpful not aggressive or accusatory as I have experienced elsewhere. Toward the end when it became clear that I was doing well, the conversation moved toward them pitching the project I would be working on and why I would enjoy the job and the city. What's cool is that a week later a young engineer called me to tell me more about the loose culture and why I would enjoy working there, as well as practical info like finding a place to live, etc. Overall a quick and enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• Name as many structures of the heart as you can as blood enters the heart, moves through, and exits to the rest of the body   Answer Question