Medtronic Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

3.1

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Rotational Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

I applied for the internship through my school. They took 13 or 14 interviews for 2 open positions. They placed each of us in a separate room and rotated interviewers. Each interview lasted 30 minutes. Four out of Five interviewers were great, high-energy people which made the interviews extremely relaxed. I was not nearly as qualified as some other applicants.

Interview Questions

• They asked specifically about my CAD experience and about any group projects in which I had been involved.   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

all interviews are done as the "star" -situation-task-action-results nothing that really had anything about the job you were applying for. It was all about your situations annd how you solved them at other companies

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

My last interview was a phone interview only. No further advancement due to all of the people already in this position being laid off and trying to get hired back. when you go for an in person interview it is like running a gauntlet, and interviewing with 4 or more people in one day.

Interview Questions

• They were normal interview questions.   1 Answer

Associate R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I went to a conference (SHPE); received an interview go to the site (Memphis) after interviewing with a Talent Aquisition Medtronic employee. At the site, I interview with two potential teams they were hiring an associate engineer for. I interviewed with around 8 people. The interview started at 8AM until around 3PM, nonstop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience
      What designs have you worked on?
      Tell me about your resume
      Do you have any other offers?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating but didn't give me anything in turn. Initial offer was kept.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Received an email asking for an in person interview later that week.
    It was a 7 person panel. 1 HR, 2 managers, 2 senior engineers, 1 mid level engineer, and one junior engineer seated around a table, introduced themselves and explained the process and took turns asking questions about my resume, and then used situational questions. "Tell me of a time when..."

They were very friendly, and tried to make it a lot less stressful than it could have been.

Training and Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Long interview process. I interviewed with at least 7 people for an hour each. Intense questions about diversity and inclusion. Very nice people but the day was long. Questions required answers with examples and solutions. Very thought provoking. Must have many examples ready for the interview. Think about previous projects and results.

Project Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process wa little over an hour lateras fairly easy. I received a call from Human Resources. They asked me a few questions and she informed me of the process. She let me know she was screening applicants and that a second telephone interview would take place the next day with a department manager. She told me the questions I would be asked were going to be behavioral question. Well about a little over an hour later, I received a phone call from the department manager but unfortunately I had left to take my baby to the doctor. I returned the call the next day because it was too late to call when I returned. I called and I didn't get an answer and left a voicemail. My call was returned about 20 minutes later. I was told they were still screening applicants and she began to ask me questions. I was expecting behavioral questions based off of what was told by HR but the only questions that was asked were things that was found on my resume. She talked to me for about 5 minutes. It appeared to me that she had already made her decision before she called me because I really didn't stand a chance. After the phone call, less than an hour later I received a rejection email. I only wanted a fair shot at the job opportunity and I don't feel like I received that.

Interview Questions

• You've received your Bachelor's Degree, right? When. I gave my answer and she said oh yeah I see that on your resume.
      What school did you attend?
      What was your GPA?
      You're going to school for your Master's too... What school?
      When are you expected to graduate?
      No behavioral questions as I expected.
      My second interviewer asked the same questions as the HR representative.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Ask Temperamental and Experience Questions on the basis of their company mission. There were different questions asked on 8 different subjects. Some managers had a team panel others wee over the phone and some with more than one manager.

Quality Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, followed by in-person interview with the Supervisor, Quality Engineer, and another staff member. Which was then followed up by another interview with just the Supervisor. Hiring process includes a background check and drug screen.

Interview Questions

• Describe A Time When You Were Faced With A Difficult Situation And How You Handled It   Answer Question

Field Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview process is pretty standard in a corporate environment. You are subjected to a panel instead of a one on one with the person you will report to. The questions asked are scripted and leave very little opportunity to develop any rapport with the panel you are sitting in front of.