Medtronic Interview Questions in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 3, 2017

3.1

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

all interviews are done as the "star" -situation-task-action-results nothing that really had anything about the job you were applying for. It was all about your situations annd how you solved them at other companies

Product Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in October 2016.

Interview

My last interview was a phone interview only. No further advancement due to all of the people already in this position being laid off and trying to get hired back. when you go for an in person interview it is like running a gauntlet, and interviewing with 4 or more people in one day.

Interview Questions

• They were normal interview questions.   1 Answer

Associate R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in December 2015.

Interview

I went to a conference (SHPE); received an interview go to the site (Memphis) after interviewing with a Talent Aquisition Medtronic employee. At the site, I interview with two potential teams they were hiring an associate engineer for. I interviewed with around 8 people. The interview started at 8AM until around 3PM, nonstop.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience
      What designs have you worked on?
      Tell me about your resume
      Do you have any other offers?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

I tried negotiating but didn't give me anything in turn. Initial offer was kept.

Biomedical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Received an email asking for an in person interview later that week.
    It was a 7 person panel. 1 HR, 2 managers, 2 senior engineers, 1 mid level engineer, and one junior engineer seated around a table, introduced themselves and explained the process and took turns asking questions about my resume, and then used situational questions. "Tell me of a time when..."

They were very friendly, and tried to make it a lot less stressful than it could have been.

Training and Education Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in August 2015.

Interview

Long interview process. I interviewed with at least 7 people for an hour each. Intense questions about diversity and inclusion. Very nice people but the day was long. Questions required answers with examples and solutions. Very thought provoking. Must have many examples ready for the interview. Think about previous projects and results.

Project Coordinator II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN).

Interview

The interview process wa little over an hour lateras fairly easy. I received a call from Human Resources. They asked me a few questions and she informed me of the process. She let me know she was screening applicants and that a second telephone interview would take place the next day with a department manager. She told me the questions I would be asked were going to be behavioral question. Well about a little over an hour later, I received a phone call from the department manager but unfortunately I had left to take my baby to the doctor. I returned the call the next day because it was too late to call when I returned. I called and I didn't get an answer and left a voicemail. My call was returned about 20 minutes later. I was told they were still screening applicants and she began to ask me questions. I was expecting behavioral questions based off of what was told by HR but the only questions that was asked were things that was found on my resume. She talked to me for about 5 minutes. It appeared to me that she had already made her decision before she called me because I really didn't stand a chance. After the phone call, less than an hour later I received a rejection email. I only wanted a fair shot at the job opportunity and I don't feel like I received that.

Interview Questions

• You've received your Bachelor's Degree, right? When. I gave my answer and she said oh yeah I see that on your resume.
      What school did you attend?
      What was your GPA?
      You're going to school for your Master's too... What school?
      When are you expected to graduate?
      No behavioral questions as I expected.
      My second interviewer asked the same questions as the HR representative.
      1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in April 2015.

Interview

Ask Temperamental and Experience Questions on the basis of their company mission. There were different questions asked on 8 different subjects. Some managers had a team panel others wee over the phone and some with more than one manager.

Sales Education Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

After initially meeting at a career conference and doing two interviews at that location, I was contacted several times via phone and e-mail in order to continue the interview process. I was eventually invited to Memphis as a finalist for the position. There were 8 candidates total during the final round.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected part was the fact that there were two separate 45 minute interviews that consisted of "3 on 2" meaning 3 interviewers and 2 candidates   Answer Question

Sales Educational Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

-Structured, but relaxed environment with multiple interview sessions
    -Designed to see how well you can sell yourself to the interview panel
    -Ultimately focused on evaluating your ability to develop relationships with others
    -At one time placed in a social setting to gauge your interaction with others

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over the guy/gal sitting next to you?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't one; this was an entry level position

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Memphis, TN) in June 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview with panel consisting of Engineering Manager, Operations Manager and HR Manager. Overall good atmosphere very laid back interview style. Each member of panel asked one question from pre-determined list about company values. Also answered pre-screened questionnaire from HR. Timely feedback from HR when not selected for position. Overall pleasant experience although not offered position.