Medtronic Interview Questions in Mounds View, MN | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.3

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

The scheduling of the phone interview and the in person interview was great. The only drawbacks were the slow response time and the strange way the in person interview was conducted. Rather than going to a room to interview, I was moved around to various offices.

Interview Questions

• How would your coworkers at your current job describe your interaction with them and your general effectiveness in your work performance? How would your coworkers describe you?   Answer Question

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

The whole process goes pretty fast, two phone interviews with an offer, in less than a month.The position I interviewed with was a graduation level position, so basically, they need your brain and they can train you, so it is not hard or technical at all.

Interview Questions

• Firstly interview only asks you question regarding your resume. Secondly interview: mostly behavior questions. These questions mainly focus on your ability to cooperate, to multi-task, to solve problems in general. They are not hard, but if you get five or six similar behavior questions, you might stuck as well. Be prepared!   1 Answer

Marketing Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in July 2016.

Interview

I had a screening phone interview asking about my background, explaining Medtronic background and a more specific job description. After the phone interview, I was selected for a final round in-person panel interview. The final round interview questions were all S.T.A.R format questions. I was eventually "eliminated from consideration for being nervous" in final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to solve a problem and came to a solution that you did not expect to come to.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you led a group of people.   Answer Question
    • What do you look for in a manager?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in this specific division of Medtronic?   Answer Question

Senior Reimbursement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN).

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR, on-site behavioral interview over 5 hours with 6 associated team members. The on-site interview was all STAR format questions with a very fixed time for each interview. Each interviewer had been given 3-4 STAR questions to complete which left no time to actually discuss job responsibilities, team dynamic, or work environment. This was one of the weirdest interviews I have ever been a part of. I walked away having no feel for the job, so I wasn't disappointed when I got the rejection form letter.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in March 2016.

Interview

On campus interview, and then in person interview (because I was in the area, otherwise a phone interview) with the group. Mainly behavioral questions about how I work with others and how i approach a problem. The interviewers were very friendly and the overall process was very straightforward and relaxed, but the process was quite late in the semester (Spring) and offers weren't given until April.

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in June 2015.

Interview

Started the day at 9am with the candidate (me) doing a presentation about a research topic. The presentation was about 40 minutes long with 20 minutes for questions. Then from 10am-3pm I interviewed with a different manager each hour about my education, experiences, qualifications, etc. There were questions focusing on how I worked in teams, how I approached problem solving, and my previous research experience.

Interview Questions

• "Name a time you've faced a challenge/conflict at work"   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviews are intense for candidates and do involve interviewing with multiple people at the same time. Interviews could also be via WebEx. It could take a month before you get the offer for the position. In the past they have had hundreds of people applying for one position. Key words from the job description will help you get noticed. It always helps if you know someone who already works there that can put in a good word. Be prepared to give examples on why you are the right candidate for the position.

Interview Questions

• Give examples of what you would do to solve "X" situation   Answer Question

Associate Regulatory Affairs Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in April 2014.

Interview

5 separate "mini" interviews. The interviews ranged from one person to five people. The groups were cross-functional partners. The panels were the RA group divided between two. STAR questions were used. Be mindful to finish the STAR process. Answer results! RA is like law and there are a number of lawyers on the team.

Interview Questions

• How would you justify doing an OQ but not an PQ?   1 Answer

Regulatory Compliance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in May 2012.

Interview

Candidates were scheduled back-to-back. A list of 10 behavioral questions were asked. The interviewers wrote down my replies. They did not ask any questions about my experience or skills nor did they comment on my answers. I was allowed to ask questions at the end of the interview. But the interviewer spoke very quickly and kept announcing how many minutes remained until the end. Weird interview!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had an idea that wasn't initially accepted by your team members and ow did you get them to accept it?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mounds View, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Mounds View, MN) in March 2011.

Interview

Multiple panel interviews, then finally meeting with the hiring manager. I met first with a panel of peers, mainly taking the form of the technical portion of the interview, and for them to determine if they could work with me. Then I met with another group, less technical, but also people that I would be working closely with, to see if my skills and aptitude was something that would fit into the culture and process. Then, I met with the hiring manager, where an HR rep came in half way through the interview and outlined the benefits package.

Interview Questions

• Questions all took the STAR format, at least from the hiring manager (Situation, Task, Action, Results), standard type of questions, but the managers demeanor made this more intense than it needed to be.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was primarily about benefits and vacation time that I would be starting at, as the they seemed very firm on their dollar amount, but there were gifts of vacation and stock that were negotiated, at the time they were in real need form the skill set that I was bringing to them, so I had a little leverage. The process was fairly straight and handled quickly, like over a few phone calls.