Medtronic Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Medtronic Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Irvine, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through my University. I received a phone interview for an R&D position and then received an email with a long written application from another group in Operations Quality Engineering. I then had another phone interview with this group and an on-site interview several weeks later.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Medtronic

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I met with several recruiters and hiring mangers at a job fair. I received good reviews and was offered 2 positions in two different areas of the country. I received the verbal offers from HR in late February however, they kept giving me the run around. It was mid May and I was still talking to the hiring managers and HR about when I would get a formalized offer and details about my start date. Everyone kept saying things like 'they were waiting for the job specs to be formally written out, get approval, etc.' In a time where I was desperate for a job, such a drawn out process with little communication as to where I stood was very deterring. I did eventually receive a formal offer, but I turned it down for a better offer I recieved.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Boston, MA) in February 2016.

Interview

went very smoothly. I knew I was adequately prepared so I wasn’t nervous at all. I did well at the beginning, answering questions about myself and telling them what I knew about the organization. The interviewer is trying to find out about you, your job skills and how well you express yourself. The manger who is hiring was very nice, we talked about work and personal life, I dont have any pressure. there are total 5 interviewer. They even give you breaks between the interviewer.

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Medtronic (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2016.

Interview

There are were three rounds of telephoniC interveiw.
    one with manager,
    one with the lead
    one with supervisor

The interview went well.They have send me an offer letter within few weeks of my interview which was great.

Interview Questions

• The questions were related to CAPA,
      My skills,
      Technical knowledge,
      My previous experience,
      it was mostly about CAPARisk managementa and master validation plans
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (Dallas, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

It was an onsite interview after two rounds of Phone interview. HR phone interview and technical phone interview was simple but steady. Onsite has 5 rounds of interview two were panel. The interviewers were friendly and interested to learn about my skills and wait for the answer.

Interview Questions

• 1) MSA, SPC charts question
      2) What kind of test instruments have you used to measure?
      3) strength and weakness and other usual behavioral questions
      4) DOE, P value explanation, documentation handled
      5) Are you a collaborative worker?
      6) Explain how you dealt with a difficult person in the group.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Villalba, PR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Villalba, PR) in May 2015.

Interview

Apply through a third party contracting company. Difficult interview but manageable, took about an hour with question after question. The process took 2 weeks and an offer was made the next day.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Medtronic in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online through my university job website. I received an email with a screening questionnaire. It was pretty long, but it asked basic questions. I had to send it back with my available times for an interview. The questions were supposed to prepare me for the interview. I had about a thirty minute interview that week.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a challenge you faced and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (Gainesville, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

It was composed of two parts. First technical part and then the behavioral part. Technical Questions were not too hard. I was asked about transformers and the projects that I did during my undergraduate degree. On the behavioral side I was given situations and I was asked how to deal with them. Overall, interview was easy and the interviewer was friendly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you had to make a hard decision that changed that was beneficial to you.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

The recruiter came to my campus, and interviewed several students. The employer gave a nice overview of the company before asking me questions. The questions were mainly behavioral, but there were a few technical ones. It really felt like a conversation. Interview went well, but I have not heard back from the recruiters.

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic.

Interview

Had 30 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager and then was invited for an in person interview at Medtronic. Interview consisted of four, 30-minute 1:1 interviews with other engineers and co-workers focused on different aspects of the job (technical, working with others, problem solving). I then had another 30 minute interview with the hiring manager and we had long. The process was very straight forward and what I expected: pre-written questions from HR, they want you to answer in the traditional STAR format. Overall it was a really great experience and gave me a great idea of the people I would be working with and what my experience would be like.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me something technical that you are an expert of (a process, etc.)   Answer Question

Negotiation

N