Medtronic Interview Questions in San Antonio, TX | Glassdoor

2.8

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

The interview process was seamless very professional. they ask general questions. like work availability salary expectation.willingness to work with others. and problem solving skills. capability to work in a fast paced environment.

Customer Service Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to set up first interview with hiring manager. General questions about background, experience, education, etc. Asked some of the standard HR-mandated behavioral questions. 2nd interview was set with Sr. Manager a few weeks later. Accepted job offer about 2-3 weeks after that. Great company to work for, just be prepared for a long and delayed process. If you're unemployed and urgently need to start working again, you may not get quick results. Frustrating if another offer comes through that you have to either delay or turn down.

Interview Questions

• Describe an idea that contributed positively to a company's financial goals.   Answer Question

Customer/Patient Retention Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

HR called for a telephone interview after I applied online and stated a follow-up telephone call would be the end of the week, Friday, to schedule an onsite interview. I didn't receive a follow-up call until 1.5 weeks later. HR apologized for not calling earlier and the onsite interview was scheduled the following day, with two Directors. During my call, I asked HR if I could receive the names of the two Directors I'd be interviewing with, where I should meet HR and parking instructions. HR advised that an e-mail would be sent to me with that information, later that same day. I didn't receive an e-mail that day or the following morning and I didn't have HR's telephone number to call (random 800 telephone number was used to contact me). I arrived early and drove around searching for a parking space for approximately 15-minutes and even drove through the parking ramp twice, without finding any open parking spaces for visitors. A very nice and helpful security guard provided a parking space that didn't have a reservation sign or wasn't currently being used, since there were no empty visitor parking spaces available around the building and I thanked this security guard. HR met me at the security desk and searched for a room that was supposed to be available and unfortunately it was being used, so HR advised me to sit at an empty desk while an empty office was found. The first Director I met seemed rushed, probably because of the time used finding a room for our interview and that fact I was supposed to meet with the second Director immediately following this interview, at the top of the hour. No one provided their business card.

Unfortunately, I was unable to send thank you e-mails or mail any handwritten thank you notes to HR and the two directors, because I didn't have their full names/titles or e-mail addresses. I checked LinkedIn and also called the HR telephone number I had on my iPhone, from the HR person who called me for my telephone interview, and I was transferred multiple times to an HR line asking me to enter my PIN. It appeared I was transferred to an internal HR line, so I never was able to connect to anyone and ask for the names of the HR person or Directors who I interviewed with, at Medtronic.

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked regarding my resume and I was asked why I was interested in working at Medtronic. I was also asked behavioral type questions, dealing with employee issues.   1 Answer
    • Q: What is the difference to Inspire employees or to Motivate employees?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was okay. They no longer do a test. It is now only 2 interviews. The interview that I took was good and made me think. I liked the interview due to the interviewers telling me their stories of how they see Medtronic and telling me the career advances that are available and they set real expectations. Nothing that is out of your reach.

Interview Questions

• what has been your biggest challenge in the work place and how did you over come it   1 Answer

DTA Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

It was an intense panel interview. Questions are in regards to your current role vs the role you're interviewing for. Having to deal with an outside sales team who has zero accountability.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a supervisor and being a leader on the team   Answer Question

Senior Help Linee Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

First you must go through Aerotek as a contract which is really hard considering no benefits. I received a phone interview. 2 days later I had 2 back to back interviews face 2 face. One with Aerotek and another with a Medtronic supervisor.
    also you will have to take a test on site. Once you complete everything. You will need to take a drug test. The process was a easy but now I heard it's getting changed up. Good Luck on the process...Once your hire permanent you get all the parks pension and all. However the help line is not an easy job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was very straightforward at the time I had it... there was very little sales scenario/role play involved which I thought was surprising. For me, most of the interview just focused on previous work experience and how I dealt with the associated responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• What type of specific experience from prior jobs do you think would allow you to be successful as a sales rep here at Medtronic?   Answer Question

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Panel interview same old questions what are your strength and weaknesses . Multiple interviews ending with interview with the Manager. Long process one on one , phone interview and panel interview. Not a direct interview very general. One of the easiest interviews I have been on.Dress is professional be prepared to have multiple interviews in one day

Diabetes Therapy Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

Initial screening interview, one on one interview with a supervisor, and telephone interview with the Regional Manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Base rate

Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Medtronic (San Antonio, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews. 1 with a team lead and 2 with Quality Assurance Supervisor and Manager. All three interviews were easy and not intimidating at all. Each interview took about 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question